Close
One second...

Best Friends Are Forever, Final Score 3.24, Thanks

Watch this
Page:
  1. 1
  2. 2
illustrated34

Ha, love it! The only thing I would suggest is to add some texture to make it pop more? (Tastefully used texture, not just texture for texture's sake:) Really love it though. Can't wait to see the final product!

ibyes

Thanks.

TheInfamousBaka

Adorable! I think it's great as is, really loving the diamond shapes in the background.

Ryder
1 design submitted - Score now!

i think the shading on the diamond needs to be sharper... it is a diamond after all, and right now it looks kind of melty... like an ice cube..

soloyo-collabs
Ryder Revolution said:

i think the shading on the diamond needs to be sharper... it is a diamond after all, and right now it looks kind of melty... like an ice cube..

Good point!

Dreamspace
Ryder Revolution said:

Damn good point. Other than that this is one adorable illo.

ibyes

Thanks guys, I will work on making the diamond sharper.I'm still not totally happy with the dress and some of the line work, almost there though.

jeffreyg
jeffreyg profile pic Staff

that dress color is totally clashing for me

jeffreyg

the diamond coloring definitely needs to be refined a bit.

ibyes

Yea, I'm going to do some more color explorations. Thanks

ibyes

New version, now more dimondier.

modular colors
1 design submitted - Score now!

Love it. I would color the diamond white or some other color. That's all, but it's my view :P Have fun!

ibyes

Thanks, I wouldn't make it all white, but I have been playing with white in addition to the other colors.

ibyes

Actually, I don't know if it is 100% there yet, but I am liking the white as the main color of the diamond. Thanks.

ibyes

Night bump

mip1980

Excellent, I love the work, i would have a try at changing the base colour of the diamond slightly, a little lighter than the background...but not by much. Its still a great piece of work!!

Ian-S

I love it. I can't add anymore to what's already been said. All I will say is that you have a great design, and by following the suggestions made by the wise Threadless community you're going to have an excellent design! I look forward to seeing the next version.

ibyes

Thanks guys. Making the diamond a shade lighter then the T color really worked. I'm still not completely satisfied with how the diamond looks, but of the top two, which is better? The only difference is the size of the triangles on the top of the diamond.

Also, do you prefer the more orange dress or the original bright yellow one?

ibyes

The diamond is now pointier. It's now between the top two, angular feet or no?

jeffreyg

i am just not sold on that diamond lol

ibyes

Thanks Jeff, now suggest how I can sell you.

jeffreyg

the coloring just seems so off to me

goliath72

This is great wow. i agree the diamond needs to be sharper!

ibyes

Thanks goliath. Again, not helpful Jeff.

Stevo984

Great concept and execution! I think the rounded feet work better for the cohesiveness of the design. I noticed you touched up the shading where the skirt meets the leg. How about a little shading under the bangs?

ibyes

Thanks. I tried shading the bangs, but I didn't like how it looked. But I'll take another stab at it, I want to be consistent.

Ok. in my next post there will be a shinier sharper diamond, I think I know what to do now.

ibyes

New version, Diamond shape is a bit closer to an actual diamond, I am still playing with the color to make it sharper and shinier. I also may add some accent marks to make it shine as well.

ibyes
ibyes said:

New version, Diamond shape is a bit closer to an actual diamond, I am still playing with the color to make it sharper and shinier. I also may add some accent marks to make it shine as well.

ibyes
ibyes said:
ibyes said:

New version posted up top.The diamond shape is a bit closer to an actual diamond, I am still playing with the color to make it sharper and shinier. I also may add some accent marks to make it shine as well.

ibyes

oops. I thought I could edit my original post using the Quote button, I should have realized that was't what it is for.

Mantichore

nice design! I'd arrange the background pattern in a diamond/rhombus shape though, they look a bit messy to me...

goliath72

i liking it better!

ibyes

Thanks dude, still working on it.

soloyo-collabs

No liking the pointy legs sorry

ibyes

I actually like the other legs better as well, but the pointy ones make more sense since the character is a diamond. Anyway, I haven't really decided on that.

BeanePod

Awwww....cute

Stevo984

Looking great man! That is exactly what I had in mind with the bangs. I agree with you, not sure about the pointy legs but they do make sense. One question I had about her hair. Is that a ponytail or a pigtail. It kind of looks like it's on the side of her head. Might look cool to mirror another on over on the other side of her head. Not fully visible but sort of tucked behind. I hope that makes sense. Just an idea.

ibyes

Yea Stevo984 it does make sense, I tried that a few times and it wasn't working for me, but maybe I'll revisit it and see what folks think.

ibyes

New version posted. Still messing with the background and although the diamond looks better to me, I am still trying to improve it.

ibyes

2 new comps posted, which Is better between the top two? The only difference is the dress. I'm digging the diamond pattern dress myself.

Stevo984

The new versions are awesome! One thing is bugging me about the background though. The way some of the shapes are cut off around the edge. I liked the irregularity of the original, but I understand why you sharpened it up. Both the new dresses are great, but I think the rounded flower sets her apart from the sharp geometry of the diamond and lessens the risk of shape overload.

Stevo984

Just noticed the gradiated colors on the facets. Nice touch!

One question you may be able to help me out with. I am working on a drawing, and I am having problems staying within the 8 color limit. Is that vital?

ibyes

Also, I agree with what you are saying about the background, I just have to figure out a way to make the diamond shape come through without the mask.

Anyone else have an opinion on the top two dress choices?

Stevo984

Thanks for the info. Much appreciated.

Have you thought about/ tried just combining the dresses? Moving the flower onto the patterned dress?

ibyes

Nah, i think that would compete too much. Thanks though.

ibyes

afternoon bump

ibyes

night bump

Page:
  1. 1
  2. 2
No account?