Close
One second...

THREADWARS 6

~~ CLICK HERE TO SEE PAST ROUND SUBS~~




PAST THREADWARS AND CHAMPIONS:
I (Westicles) | II (Walmazan) | III (Leroy Hornblower) | IV (Mat Pringle) | V (Palitosci)



Artists will go head to head, community will pick a topic


HIGHEST SCORE WINS the round. If there's a tie, the submission with more 5's wins.


Artists with the most points wins, we will go down brackets until we have only one winner! final battle will be alumni vs non alumni!

PRINTS FROM PAST THREADWARS!
Threadwars has pushed artists to produce some of their best works... and several prints have come out of Threadwars!




RULES:
- Artists must follow the theme given each round
- Artists cannot comment on their own design, aside from the about my design first comment
- Artists cannot blog about their design


In case an artist doesn't submit, the other artists automatically advances, and we all laugh and point at the other artist until they cry


NO Promotion - unless both artists going head to head agree
NO using old designs!
NO WIP blogs, Post design in here
NO SORE LOSERS!!!
NO CRYING IN THREADWARS!!!



PRIZES
The champion of Threadwars gets...
+ $200 towards your Threadless 2013 Meetup trip (Can be exchanged for $200 GC)
+ And... a SPECIAL SURPRISE Threadless Mystery Prize Package (Estimated value of $75)
+ JeffreyG's autograph
+ mechanicalrobotpower - framed pen and ink drawing of your spirit animal
+ Ryder - bear measuring tape
+ Digital Threadwars Medal for your profile courtesy of Nick
+ 75$ GC from nyenyerejunior



  • Runner up gets $100GC!

  • 50$ GC from nyenyerejunior


Want to donate a prize? Let us know!



Round 4 Theme : EPIC


Submission dates:
May 6 – May 21


Submissions close at 11:59:59 CST


Round 4 Theme : EPIC



FINALS!!!


[ ]MadCobra. . . VS . . . [ ] ahmad ifan rofiyandi



Include this logo on all submissions! Thanks Nick!

Watch this
Page:
  1. 1 ...
  2. 31
  3. 32
  4. 33
  5. 34
  6. 35
  7. 36
  8. 37
  9. 38
  10. 39
  11. ... 45
dudeowl
dudeowl profile pic Alumni

robots-monsters-creatures plus 1! Looks fun!

BlancaJP
BlancaJP profile pic Alumni
alexmdc said:
v.calahan said:

Ones's totem/spirit animal? It's a self portrait without being one so might be the middle the road… :P

I think thats what i meant by self portrait, didnt expect people to draw a picture of themselves.

More so like if someone is into comics, something comic book related etc.

I also thought of the not so strait forward idea of a self portrait. That's why I thought it was too wideopen. It feels like the self portrait part doesn't really mean anything in it. It would just be make something you like, or represent something loosely related to your self. It would have more meaning if it had something constraining it, like your self as a robot or your self as a monster or animal or ... In the spirit of war I feel this should get harder and honing down to more specific each round.
Morkki said:

Boys just wanna draw robarts

who you calling a boy ! I called for robots - robots are cool. Boys always take credit for cool stuff !!! ;)

TheInfamousBaka
TheInfamousBaka profile pic Alumni

Pretty beatable score on Gulliver. Kind of surprised since it was hanging out on the front page of the average score list for a while. Wonder how accurate that is?

3.00 103 fives 33 ones

I think it's the biggest gap I've never had between fives and ones at least.

dudeowl
dudeowl profile pic Alumni

v_calahan
v_calahan profile pic Alumni

Congrats Baka! Thought it would reach higher but solid anyways… and if you have three being on the average front page… mmm… since I'm on third (for now) my crystal ball is laughing at me…

gebe
gebe profile pic Alumni
TheInfamousBaka said:

Pretty beatable score on Gulliver. Kind of surprised since it was hanging out on the front page of the average score list for a while. Wonder how accurate that is?

3.00 103 fives 33 ones

I think it's the biggest gap I've never had between fives and ones at least.

impossible :) an error for sure!

gebe
gebe profile pic Alumni
alexmdc said:

theme ideas :

things you see everyday

robots-monsters-creatures

food

space

one color

the future

I'm for space or food :)

Haragos
Haragos profile pic Alumni
TheInfamousBaka said:

Pretty beatable score on Gulliver. Kind of surprised since it was hanging out on the front page of the average score list for a while. Wonder how accurate that is?

3.00 103 fives 33 ones

I think it's the biggest gap I've never had between fives and ones at least.

Only a 3? I'm shocked.

gebe
gebe profile pic Alumni
TheInfamousBaka said:

Pretty beatable score on Gulliver. Kind of surprised since it was hanging out on the front page of the average score list for a while. Wonder how accurate that is?

3.00 103 fives 33 ones

I think it's the biggest gap I've never had between fives and ones at least.

Your score must to be over 3.5

TheInfamousBaka
TheInfamousBaka profile pic Alumni

Yeah, with a third of the votes being 5's it seems a bit low. Maybe Alex can take a peek for me? I'm okay if the 3 is legit, but if that's the case then the average sorting is a bit wonky.

Haragos
Haragos profile pic Alumni
TheInfamousBaka said:

Yeah, with a third of the votes being 5's it seems a bit low. Maybe Alex can take a peek for me? I'm okay if the 3 is legit, but if that's the case then the average sorting is a bit wonky.

You have to win for Nipu's sake

v_calahan
v_calahan profile pic Alumni

From what I've seen I agree that first and second page are usually over 3.0 scores, more between 3.2 and 3.6… so agreed it's weird. Still beats me though… :P

BlancaJP
BlancaJP profile pic Alumni
TheInfamousBaka said:

ROFL !!!! that's the best mythological creature / robot I've seen :D congrats on the score, it's a good score regardless.

Morkki
Morkki profile pic Alumni
gebe said:
TheInfamousBaka said:

Pretty beatable score on Gulliver. Kind of surprised since it was hanging out on the front page of the average score list for a while. Wonder how accurate that is?

3.00 103 fives 33 ones

I think it's the biggest gap I've never had between fives and ones at least.

impossible :) an error for sure!

Seriously that can't be right. If (hypothetically) all the rest of your votes were 3, your average would be 3.48.

My Thunder Crash also just finished with 75 5s and 30 1s out of 305 for an average of 3.00. Nope. Does not compute.

Morkki
Morkki profile pic Alumni

Yeah. With the low voter numbers these days, it's common to get only one or two votes in the last day the sub is up. Most of the votes come in the first three days. I suspect that 3.00 is actually the only vote that came in after the data migration thingy.

gebe
gebe profile pic Alumni
Morkki said:

Yeah. With the low voter numbers these days, it's common to get only one or two votes in the last day the sub is up. Most of the votes come in the first three days. I suspect that 3.00 is actually the only vote that came in after the data migration thingy.

maybe it's only a problem of approssimation

L-M-N-O-P
L-M-N-O-P profile pic Alumni

I had suggested Self Portrait, but it was in a blog that the staff put up, asking for theme ideas. The theme that made it through was Monsters (Original Monster). This was kind of a self portrait, for the Threadless loves YOU challenge. I assume that entries could looks similar to this, but the spirit animal suggestion sounds about right too.

L-M-N-O-P
L-M-N-O-P profile pic Alumni
Demented said:

How about a theme like "What's inside", where the idea is to show ordinary (or not so ordinary) things that have unexpected inner workings? Lots of great design opportunity there right?

Also, I think this would be awesome too.

Steger
Steger profile pic Alumni
L-M-N-O-P said:

I had suggested Self Portrait, but it was in a blog that the staff put up, asking for theme ideas. The theme that made it through was Monsters (Original Monster). This was kind of a self portrait, for the Threadless loves YOU challenge. I assume that entries could looks similar to this, but the spirit animal suggestion sounds about right too.

Wow jeremy, that is killer man.

nickv47
nickv47 profile pic Alumni
L-M-N-O-P said:
Demented said:

How about a theme like "What's inside", where the idea is to show ordinary (or not so ordinary) things that have unexpected inner workings? Lots of great design opportunity there right?

Also, I think this would be awesome too.

3rd'ed

Morkki
Morkki profile pic Alumni
nickv47 said:
L-M-N-O-P said:
Demented said:

How about a theme like "What's inside", where the idea is to show ordinary (or not so ordinary) things that have unexpected inner workings? Lots of great design opportunity there right?

Also, I think this would be awesome too.

3rd'ed

I would draw jeffreyg

with more jeffreygs inside

Wharton
Wharton profile pic Alumni
drewski79 said:

What alexmdc was up to last night: dancing yo.

Should one man have this much talent? Discuss.

I hear he's a lousy parker though, so there us some justice in this world.

Morkki
Morkki profile pic Alumni

I dunno. It sounds sort of cool but I think it's too restricting and would just lead to visually similar designs.

Threadwars

subs will be up today ~

TheInfamousBaka
TheInfamousBaka profile pic Alumni

Creatures in the night as a theme would be awesome and pretty open ended. I think this group would be awesome at something like that. What's inside could be interpreted in different ways, doesn't technically have to be little things that make bigger things work. Could be more of a spiritual thing, or demon possession. It could be fun.

I wonder if I'll be able to get an answer about my score today, because it isn't correct. It should be closer to 3.4-3.5, taking into consideration some of the stuff that is ending today and stuff like this that should be way higher.

gebe
gebe profile pic Alumni
TheInfamousBaka said:

Creatures in the night as a theme would be awesome and pretty open ended. I think this group would be awesome at something like that. What's inside could be interpreted in different ways, doesn't technically have to be little things that make bigger things work. Could be more of a spiritual thing, or demon possession. It could be fun.

I wonder if I'll be able to get an answer about my score today, because it isn't correct. It should be closer to 3.4-3.5, taking into consideration some of the stuff that is ending today and stuff like this that should be way higher.

You're right! I bet you will get a 3.56 with your Gulliver :) just my sensation! And I also think that "Elements fighter" needs to got an higher score. Graja is my favorite in here, and it's impossible he has got only 3.00

TheInfamousBaka
TheInfamousBaka profile pic Alumni

Staff is looking into it. :-) Yay!

Threadwars
Wharton said:

Can someone fix the thumbnails with the links?

sure bitch

Threadwars

Love you too

xoxo alexmdc

jeffreyg
jeffreyg profile pic Alumni

alex will update this in a bit

alexmdc
alexmdc profile pic Alumni

ok I just approved them all! good luck errbody

troll will update the links shortly on the thumbs as well!

Threadwars

All subs approved and links added!

GO VOTE ~ :D

TheInfamousBaka
TheInfamousBaka profile pic Alumni

Voted! Amazing stuff, guys. :-)

Page:
  1. 1 ...
  2. 31
  3. 32
  4. 33
  5. 34
  6. 35
  7. 36
  8. 37
  9. 38
  10. 39
  11. ... 45
No account?
Join Us