Close
One second...

THREADWARS 6

~~ CLICK HERE TO SEE PAST ROUND SUBS~~

PAST THREADWARS AND CHAMPIONS:
I (Westicles) | II (Walmazan) | III (Leroy Hornblower) | IV (Mat Pringle) | V (Palitosci)

Artists will go head to head, community will pick a topic

HIGHEST SCORE WINS the round. If there's a tie, the submission with more 5's wins.

Artists with the most points wins, we will go down brackets until we have only one winner! final battle will be alumni vs non alumni!

PRINTS FROM PAST THREADWARS!
Threadwars has pushed artists to produce some of their best works... and several prints have come out of Threadwars!

RULES:
- Artists must follow the theme given each round
- Artists cannot comment on their own design, aside from the about my design first comment
- Artists cannot blog about their design

In case an artist doesn't submit, the other artists automatically advances, and we all laugh and point at the other artist until they cry

NO Promotion - unless both artists going head to head agree
NO using old designs!
NO WIP blogs, Post design in here
NO SORE LOSERS!!!
NO CRYING IN THREADWARS!!!

PRIZES
The champion of Threadwars gets...
+ $200 towards your Threadless 2013 Meetup trip (Can be exchanged for $200 GC)
+ And... a SPECIAL SURPRISE Threadless Mystery Prize Package (Estimated value of $75)
+ JeffreyG's autograph
+ mechanicalrobotpower - framed pen and ink drawing of your spirit animal
+ Ryder - bear measuring tape
+ Digital Threadwars Medal for your profile courtesy of Nick
+ 75$ GC from nyenyerejunior

• Runner up gets $100GC!

• 50$ GC from nyenyerejunior

Want to donate a prize? Let us know!

Round 4 Theme : EPIC

Submission dates:
May 6 – May 21

Submissions close at 11:59:59 CST

Round 4 Theme : EPIC

FINALS!!!

[ ]MadCobra. . . VS . . . [ ] ahmad ifan rofiyandi

Include this logo on all submissions! Thanks Nick!

Watch this
Page:
  1. 1 ...
  2. 12
  3. 13
  4. 14
  5. 15
  6. 16
  7. 17
  8. 18
  9. 19
  10. 20
  11. ... 45
campkatie
campkatie profile pic Alumni

wow these are all so cool and fresh!

ecsu
ecsu profile pic Alumni

mine is just sad, Ivan. Yours is like... awesome. hahahaha as alex already said, i'd too wear that for the monkey alone.

(:

Abstract Matter

Mine wasn't up to my standards or the standards of anything subbed so far. I'm backing out and not subbing. Sorry fellas and congrats GoTo75

alexmdc
alexmdc profile pic Staff
3 designs submitted - Score now!
SiBi_ha said:

I tried yesterday to make something for the 'you are beautiful'-competition, man this topic is so damn difficult! the result is such a big mess making me go cross-eyed maybe you guys have an idea how to improve that or tell me if its real crap.. I got lost all night with that and can't even say if its something or not. here are the links - the execution is in 2 colours, maybe someone can help me :)

https://www.dropbox.com/s/8gqha95lv76mamo/beautifull_tryout.png https://www.dropbox.com/s/mrjm0o6oysfdw15/beautiful_tryout2.png

more helpful to make a new blog for this one, specially if it's not threadwars related

alexmdc
Abstract Matter said:

Mine wasn't up to my standards or the standards of anything subbed so far. I'm backing out and not subbing. Sorry fellas and congrats GoTo75

Dude just sub, I don't get why people even sign up and take the spot if they dont submit at all, that spot could of been taken by someone that actually wwanted to do something for it.

-also I'll approve the subs once the deadline is up, for those that are not up yet.

gebe
gebe profile pic Alumni
Abstract Matter said:

doh! Never give up!

PeculiarTiffany
PeculiarTiffany profile pic Alumni

Don't get cold feet! Just sub and show us what you've got. :-) Nobody is going to boo you off a stage or anything. SUB IT! SUB IT! SUB IT!

Abstract Matter said:

Threadwars

'No bitchin'' should be added to the rules

fightstacy
fightstacy profile pic Alumni
TheInfamousBaka said:

Nobody is going to boo you off a stage or anything.

Abstract Matter said:

I'm not subbing.

BOOOOOOOOO

nickv47
nickv47 profile pic Alumni
Abstract Matter said:

dude. c'mon. for real.

nickv47

there should be a no "don't be a little bitch whining about the quality of your sub" rule, now :)

PeculiarTiffany
mechanicalrobotpower said:
TheInfamousBaka said:

Nobody is going to boo you off a stage or anything.

Abstract Matter said:

I'm not subbing.

BOOOOOOOOO

StevenLefcourt

le sigh, I didnt even notice there was a logo to include, but i sent mine in...is there a way to link to designs that arent up for voting yet?

Abstract Matter

Hey listen, I decided to try something new and it ended up sucking. Don't give me a hate parade for it, I tried.

If I have time I might redo it and sub. Don't cry about it if I don't. I'm hardly being a little bitch, I just don't think it's up to the competition standards.

A lot has been going through my head between the start of the contest and now and i'm not in the best place. So try not to give me such a hard time because i'm already doing that myself

StevenLefcourt

Inspired by a sort of classical, mythic story. A ninja, so fond of the darkness, so adept at living in shadow, leaps into the air and stabs the sun to ensure it sets, and the night begins.

PeculiarTiffany

Maybe it's just my eyes but that moon almost literally jumps out at you. Awesome work!

StevenLefcourt said:

BeanePod
BeanePod profile pic Alumni
1 design submitted -

Nice one dude!

BeanePod
BeanePod profile pic Alumni
1 design submitted -

Nice one dude!

BlancaJP
BlancaJP profile pic Alumni
4 designs submitted - Score now!

Abstract Matter I feel your pain for work that doesn't seem like it's working out, it suck big time. I think everyone here were trying to be encouraging and give you a boost to sub it anyway. I agree with the others - own it, make it work ;) take the leap, stand behind your work and all that jazz. It might clear your head to have it done and over and at least have something to show for all the pain.

Wharton
Wharton profile pic Alumni

I don't think anyones trying to give you a hard time Abstract, its just man-encouragement like a punch on the shoulder. there are some scary artists in this competition and I find it intimidating too. Its just a shame not to sub something and it would be great to have a full complement for the first round.

BlancaJP
BlancaJP profile pic Alumni
4 designs submitted - Score now!

the reason why I was here was to say MINE IS UP FOR VOTES :)

Teddycide http://thrdl.es/~/1VQ8

and now off to vote on all the awesome subs that are up :)

Abstract Matter

Basically, my piece was a 3D rendering combined with vector art. It didn't work so well. But i'm just gonna redraw over the 3D stuff in Illustrator and see if I can make it gel that way.

Don't take anything I say to heart, I know you guys just want me to try.

digsy
digsy profile pic Alumni

so i know i'm not allowed a wip blog but can I get an opinion in here of which of 2 designs to sub?

nickv47

nope

StevenLefcourt

I believe you can in here...and since im your opponent I dont care, go for it

StevenLefcourt

NICKY dont be such a debbie downer

Wharton

Follow your heart Digsy.

alexmdc

yeah if steven doesnt care then it's all good in the hood

Threadwars

yes, you may minion

fightstacy
fightstacy profile pic Alumni
Abstract Matter said:

things

It aint a hate parade, ..this is war, WAR!!

veciocoldobro

Hey man, listen here, I'm a newbie and dived into this anyway. 'Cause aren't we here to get better? Noobs and pros as well. You're in, and I can understand the fact you're not happy with your own work, but the deadline is here, go for it, see what comes out and eventually try to improve from there. So SUB it! And if it turns out to be good we'll all BOOO you :D

nickv47
StevenLefcourt said:

NICKY dont be such a debbie downer

veciocoldobro
mechanicalrobotpower said:

It aint a hate parade, ..this is war, WAR!!

^Also this

nickv47

if you're like "hey, i don't want to sub because _" realize your missing a HUGE opportunity for people to see your work. 44 people by default, plus all of the voters. So hey, more glory for the rest of us.

digsy
digsy profile pic Alumni

Thanks Steven

Ok so quick background - I had this Death in the City idea first but, worried it wasn't violent enough I went and did the Photobooth design first. It's so different to anything I've done though and I really battled doing a human face so when it was finished I decided to go back and give the city one a go again which I did today but i don't know if it's interesting or violent enough. Basically i'm not massively happy with either but so be it!

Anyway, ramble over, here are some quick mockups - any opinions appreciated... except Stevens in case he bluffs me to sub the worst one ;-)

jeffreyg
jeffreyg profile pic Staff

skull

nickv47
jeffreyg said:

skull

^^^

PeculiarTiffany

I like the skull one, though it's awfully similar to one that's been printed already, not sure if that's a big deal or not.

alexmdc

Ive seen skull city been done before, but not liek that, I would def wear that!

the other one is pretty awesome too, but not digging it as much as a shirt

digsy
digsy profile pic Alumni
TheInfamousBaka said:

I like the skull one, though it's awfully similar to one that's been printed already, not sure if that's a big deal or not.

do you know what shirt that is, I'm not familiar with it?

thanks for the feedback so far

jeffreyg

Skull City

Wharton

I really like the photobooth one. Its more violent, plus its interesting as its a departure form your regular style.

Wharton

Wheres your sub Jeff?

digsy
digsy profile pic Alumni

A fudge, that kicks my skulls ass as well! I'm guessing maybe they spent more than a couple hours on it as well (not that I could get mine there with a year if work).

Hmmmm overall opinion says skull but I'm not so sure now.

jeffreyg
Wharton said:

Wheres your sub Jeff?

Luke...
Luke... profile pic Alumni

i like the photobooth concept. the placement of those splatters off the film look a bit off to me... perhaps if they were both closer in to the film

Page:
  1. 1 ...
  2. 12
  3. 13
  4. 14
  5. 15
  6. 16
  7. 17
  8. 18
  9. 19
  10. 20
  11. ... 45