Close
One second...

Is Threadless becoming unvisitable? Spam gone, yay!

i mean...one goes away for a few days and upon each return one is faced with a new technical calamity! Case in point this endless sh*t stream of spam that continues unabated...

Watch this
Page:
  1. 1
  2. 2
Musarter
Musarter profile pic Alumni

If things don't change soon, yes.

andyg
andyg profile pic Alumni

You have to wonder what the heck they're thinking.

MadKobra
MadKobra profile pic Alumni
1 design submitted -

what happen im lost ??????

Faymuss
Faymuss profile pic Alumni

Yeah, I'm surprised that this online streaming shit is still getting posted. I posted a thread last night and it instantly got buried in spam posts.

Dan Yingling

Hey guys, we are working on getting this taken care of as we speak. We are definitely aware of how annoying it is. Thanks for being patient and hopefully we'll have this knocked out ASAP so we can get back to hanging out!

DontCallMeBlanket
DontCallMeBlanket profile pic Alumni
andyg said:

You have to wonder what the heck they're thinking.

digsy
digsy profile pic Alumni

permanently unvisitable - no, i hope not currently unusable - yes

Ivantobealone
Ivantobealone profile pic Alumni

Well with all the ongoing Beta issues, the apparent exodus of loads and loads of regulars, the inactive blogs...and the relentless spam it's kinda becoming a chore to come and hang out. Sort of like visiting with weird, creepy distant relations. I'm really looking forward to a time when all of this is in the past for good.

jeffreyg
jeffreyg profile pic Staff

i have battered wife syndrome so i keep coming back

jk, it's definitely annoying but i'm sure theyll fix it soon. i mean its not like this happens everyday lol. the spam filters usually good but i guess they just got attacked by the Michael Jordana spambot

adamenger

We're working on this furiously over here. We've commissioned a team of coffee powered robots to help us delete the forum spam as well as help us address our technical issues on the application side.

Spam is a crappy thing and we're doing our best to mitigate it. We hate it too...just hang in there :)

Wharton
Wharton profile pic Alumni

Like Jeff said, its annoying (and he is too) but I'm sure its more annoying for the Threadles Jedi that have to sort out all this crap, knowing that users are pissed off and frustrated. It'll all be taken care of shortly I'm sure. Just use take some crack cocaine until your Threadless supply line can reopen and you can get your fix.

sweetassryan

Been unvisitable for about 3 years.

She ain't what she used to be.

sweetassryan

I'm just a Surly Sally.

OwlsOnTheBrain
Wharton said:

Like Jeff said, its annoying (and he is too) but I'm sure its more annoying for the Threadles Jedi that have to sort out all this crap, knowing that users are pissed off and frustrated. It'll all be taken care of shortly I'm sure. Just use take some crack cocaine until your Threadless supply line can reopen and you can get your fix.

I support this.

I also support being nice to Threadtstaff-- especially when there's a glitch (there are always glitches! It's okay!) and the forums are spammed. We all know the forums aren't normally like this, and we also all know they'll be back to their less-spammy, useable form soon enough.

Threadstaffers, I love you!! <3

Ivantobealone
Ivantobealone profile pic Alumni

I'm no grudge-holder, it seems like the spam is going away as we speak, I thank the Threadtstaff for that. Now let's try to bring the community to its former glory.

Twiggyhall
OwlsOnTheBrain said:
Wharton said:

I support this.

I also support being nice to Threadtstaff-- especially when there's a glitch (there are always glitches! It's okay!) and the forums are spammed. We all know the forums aren't normally like this, and we also all know they'll be back to their less-spammy, useable form soon enough.

Threadstaffers, I love you!! <3

yes and yes and yes

adamenger

We are attending to the spam with some ninja scripts we've written as well as addressing some of them posts manually. However, the spam is being posted by a bot(and from what I've gleaned so far from our server stack it is being done by multiple locations from around the globe). This is a bit more sophisticated than your every day spammer so that is why we haven't been able to address this as quickly as we'd like.

Wharton

All for butts and butts for all!

jeffreyg
jeffreyg profile pic Staff

thanks for keepin us in the loop, adam!

Wharton

Can't Dan just become a full time spammer hitman? Parachute him into hostile spammer territory and sort these issues out permanently.

Wharton

P.s. ditto thanks for the heads up Adam.

Wharton

P.P.s. despite the initial grumbles (me included) the beta site is pretty sweet and once its finished it'll be awesome!

Dan Yingling
Wharton said:

Can't Dan just become a full time spammer hitman? Parachute him into hostile spammer territory and sort these issues out permanently.

I back this.

littlem

dan dan

he's our man

if he can't do it

nobody can

or maybe adam can. nevermind

littlem

i'm just here for the butts anyway.

littlem

i thought this blog was about my butt.

Morkki
Morkki profile pic Alumni

It is now

littlem

do you like my new shorts?

littlem

is that rosie o'donnell?^

Faymuss
Faymuss profile pic Alumni

Lets all go stream some episodes of the Big Bang Theory while we wait

adamenger

fuck yeah we fixed the spam issues. enjoy less spam, friends.

atkins
atkins profile pic Staff

Bwahahahaha! Well done Adam.

Wharton

Are they dead?

Theo86
Theo86 profile pic Alumni

YAY awesome! :)

littlem

woooot! *buttslaps all around

ivanrodero

Sweet!! *Stands up and claps furiously!

Musarter
Musarter profile pic Alumni

Did some one punch them in the nuts. I sure hope you sent Morkki on their asses.

Twiggyhall

Woot! Y'all are AWESOME :D

Montro
Montro profile pic Alumni

They're heeeeeeeere. :(

FlyingMonkeyMan

They REALLY want us to watch NBA games

ISABOA
ISABOA profile pic Alumni

I know every fucking time (rare) that I even check in here I am greeted with this shit.

fuck it all

AlanBao
AlanBao profile pic Alumni

Well then.

Watched any good shows lately?

littlem

oh ballz. D:

[+duracell-]

if I want to watch NBA games ill turn on the tv! fuck! get a real job!

FlyingMonkeyMan

Where's that spam name challenge that got started when the last big wave of spammers came through?

I'm sure advertising for TV shows and NBA games has some solid printing potential

Page:
  1. 1
  2. 2
No account?
Join Us