Close
One second...

Is this really that bad of an idea?..

So this is what I was trying to get through and onto the voting part for the last College submissions contest on Threadless nut didn't make the cut as they say..

Is the idea poorly developed?
Any thoughts, comments or tips on what I am doing wrong with my tee-design attempts?

Thanks for your input!

my tee design

Watch this
pyr4lis

I don't know. It kinda of looks like a pokemon.

Lutemoth

Copyright infringement? Despite being a parody, I'd imagine Threadless is keeping cautious from any likeness to another franchise.

taz-pie

also it is ugly. there is that.

digsy

Yeah, I don't think parodies or references to other subjects is necessarily appropriate for the challenge as they already have their own recognisable brands. The colours are a little harsh on the eyes as well and the shading, line work and overall flow of the shirt needs work. But in this case I think the rejection might just be the Pokemon concept i think

Wharton
3 designs submitted - Score now!

Taz, you're wonderful. You're my unmonitored inner thoughts unleashed.

taz-pie

haha i think i am actually just mean. it could be that.

Wharton
3 designs submitted - Score now!

Either way, keep up the excellent work.

nicolas.coursbarracq

ok, guys/and gals, thanks a lot for your thoughts and comments (it's always great to get this outside look and critique - an eyeopening experience indeed)! I scored all of your designs that are up for vote right now with an excellent score (I gave all of you a five) in return for your kind input - that's all I can do for now, cheers!

nicolas.coursbarracq

..oh! And I also wanted to ask all the awesome experienced designers out there if (this design being obviously quite dubious in terms of both idea and execution) at least I'm kind of moving in somewhat a right dirction.. or not at all, not even closely? ))

Musarter
digsy said:

Yeah, I don't think parodies or references to other subjects is necessarily appropriate for the challenge as they already have their own recognisable brands. The colours are a little harsh on the eyes as well and the shading, line work and overall flow of the shirt needs work. But in this case I think the rejection might just be the Pokemon concept i think

Parodies are welcome as long as they are done correctly. The design that won the Challenge for UGA (bulldogs) last year was a Snoopy parody.

Honestly, this design seems up to par with many of the designs that made it through to voting. Although I agree that the colors are a little jarring and the football is hard to look at. To know if you are moving in the right direction I would have to see previous designs.

nicolas.coursbarracq

thanks so much for the clarification (I was, myself, thinking about the whole copyright issue, etc) ! The thing is, those are my first attempts at tee-design, so.. not much to show for the comparison's sake :) but I can very well see your point about (right) directon implying some continuity and not one single example drawn out of the context :) (also, you've got my $ as you, Threadless folk say)

joffles

There are definitely elements you can work with. Agree with the comments above - pokemon parody doesn't quite work. Simplify the design and use the SCAMPER technique. You'll get there!

Substitute. Combine. Adapt. Modify. Put to another use. Eliminate. Reverse.

littlem

oh

littlem

my

nicolas.coursbarracq
joffles said:

Substitute. Combine. Adapt. Modify. Put to another use. Eliminate. Reverse.

Thanx a lot, joffles! That was really inspiring and motivational! High $! (if I may use such a pun) There are times when such comments is what one really needs to keep on going :) Also, it's for the first time that hear about that SCAMPER abbreviation cool! - works fine with me! Best of luck to all of you people as well!

No account?