Close
One second...

Opinions on my little monster?

Sup everyone? This will be my first submission to threadless, so I need all the advice and tips I can get. So....yeah, let me know what you think. If it were to end up on a shirt, would you buy/wear it? Any and all comments are greatly appreciated. Thanks. ^^

Watch this
ashtrashbigash

I like the tentacles, but the main body looks like a paper bag, maybe change the shape or color:) I like whatever you have as the shadow too, really nice!

gpedde

Lol, well...it actually IS a paper bag. He's supposed to be hiding under it to try to hide his hideousness so to speak.

ashtrashbigash said:

I like the tentacles, but the main body looks like a paper bag, maybe change the shape or color:) I like whatever you have as the shadow too, really nice!

Helplesslollyga

i think its cute, but i actually can't figure out what he's holding (i guessed a candle stick?), or why he's even holding it. Great 1'st design, it just needs a little development though. Maybe make the paper bag have ridges at the bottom so it looks more paper baggy? Good luck! :)

Helplesslollyga

i think its cute, but i actually can't figure out what he's holding (i guessed a candle stick?), or why he's even holding it. Great 1'st design, it just needs a little development though. Maybe make the paper bag have ridges at the bottom so it looks more paper baggy? Good luck! :)

voodazz

I could see immediately that it was a monster with a paper bag on its head, but it took me a minute to see that it is holding a marker and make a connection with the bag. Maybe making the marker more obvious would solve that issue. Good work overall and I could see this as a kids shirt.

gpedde

I clearly need to work on the marker to get the idea to be more obvious. I'm going to redesign that part and re-post something new. Thanks guys - stay tuned.

ashtrashbigash said:

Oh! I get it!~ lol

gpedde

Just a quick update. I am redesigning other things as well (which explains the missing elements from the design posted earlier)

• but I wanted to see if you guys think the change to the marker is working any better than it was before. Let me know what you think. Thanks.
Helplesslollyga

The marker looks much better now, i cant believe i thought it was a candle lol

voodazz

I agree, that's a much better improvement with the marker. Looking forward to seeing how this turns out.

teedubbleyoo

Really love it! I would say put SOME kind of face back on the bag... but somehow make it look a little more obvious that it's been drawn on in marker? Crude and scribbly-ish.

Good luck! ^^

gpedde

Alright guys, almost submission time. Here is my finalized design on the different colors I'm considering. Let me know what you think. Thx for everything, you guys have been really helpful.

gpedde

No account?