Close
One second...

Feedback please!

Ok. Instead of starting a new thread every time I have an idea I want to share I'm going to stick with this thread when looking for feedback and Yoda like advice from the Threadless community. So stay tuned.

Speeding

This is a in progress shot. I would welcome any opinions, especially as regards to the background. Does it need one? I don't want to take attention away from the foreground. Obviously shading and highlights will be added later.

Ok. I've added a rough background. What do you think?

Done! What do you think.

Watch this
Page:
  1. 1
  2. 2
Ian-S

He's my first idea. It's just a pen sketch at the moment so bare that in mind when offering critique. I'm more interested in what you think of the concept. I'll worry about the design and stylistics next.

Ian-S

I forgot to mention the title. Sting.

Ian-S

Bump!

Ian-S

Bumpty bump.

Wharton
3 designs submitted - Score now!

Its funny, but not very contemporary. You don't want to feel old when someone asks you who 'Sting' is.

Ian-S

Hey Goto, you totally beat me to punch on this joke! I usually check to see if anyone's had the same idea but I completely forgot to do so this time. Thanks for giving me the go ahead on this. PS. I really liked your take on it!

Ian-S

Ok! Here's the new rough with color but still very much a work in progress. If you can give me some pointers I'd be grateful. Should I add the 80's Sting hair do or is it good as it is?

PS. Any tips on fonts would be useful as I'm not the most knowledgeable in this area and I don't want to ruin it by using a rubbish font.

Bio-bot 9000

you might want to add the blue glow, just to make it slightly more recognizable.

Ryder
1 design submitted - Score now!

ooooh... it's a lord of the rings reference? I don't know... i mean i get it now but it's kind of an obscure reference/pun... but i've been wrong before!

biotwist
2 designs submitted - Score now!

I dont get it. are there daggers in the song?

Goto75

I would like some blue glow and definetly an 80s Sting hair. Also I kind of liked it when the sword was a bit bended (like in your first sketch). Looked more alive and cartoony :)

Keep up the good work!

Ian-S

Thanks for the comments. There's no daggers in the song but it was sung by Sting and the dagger in question is Sting. See what I did there! I think I need a few elvish symbols as well so it's a little more clear. Thanks again.

late-bloomer

i also liked it more when it was a bit bent, and with hair. and definitely add the blue glow. i also think you need to work on the font in the text bubble, it seems to rigid.

Ian-S

I'm with you on the font. If anyone knows any good font resources let me know. Or would it be better if I did the font by hand?

Ian-S

I'm with you on the font. If anyone knows any good font resources let me know. Or would it be better if I did the font by hand?

Morkki

Definitely draw the letters by hand.

Ian-S

What do we think. Am I nearly there? Obviously more time will be put into the shading. This is just a tester, although I spent far too long on it!

Mantichore

this is already looking very nice. I would give the speechbubble an outline as well, to me it doesn't seem to fit

Ian-S

I think I'm going to go for a darker grey top. It makes the glow pop a little more.

Ian-S

Thanks Mantichore. I spent a stupid amount of time on what was supposed to be a color mock up. Doh!

Ian-S

Bump!

Musarter

Funny idea and great execution. I would say it's good to go if you make it a bit bigger on the tee.

Ian-S

All halftoned up and ready to go. Does anyone think it looked better without the outline around the bubble or have I made the right choice?

voodazz

I actually like this idea and it's progression. Definitely a shirt for a very niche audience, but that's what makes it geek-cool!

Ian-S

A new idea I'm working on. Any feedback would be great. Only at the rough stage!

BlancaJP

Sting looks funny, I like it on the darker gray back ground. The out line is good, it's consistent with rest of the picture so it looks nice. I do like the idea of not having an outline on the bubble, use it for an other design. The new one looks nice, don't really have anything on it. If it was mine I might play around with the size of the Marios. To see if it would amp up the funny. Turtle :D

0ana

I like the Mario's. And think Sting could use a nose, what do you think?

Ian-S

Thanks for the comments! Food for thought as they say. Whoever they are!

MrSpide

Big fan of the mario one man that is going to get bought when it's on the site... maybe not on green though... even on green. As for sting I really like the progression the only thing I would say is the speech bubble without the outline and the different text colour to match the background works a bit better as it sits a bit more in the background and allows the image to come into its own a little bit more. Otherwise another one for the "to buy" pile.

If you have a couple of seconds I have a failed submission I could use a little feedback on http://beta.threadless.com/play/forum/post/966015/failed_submission_critique/

Thanks

Ian-S

I've added the design to a blue tee color. Also I've done some quick shading. Any thoughts? All I need to do is shade it properly and it's all done.

Musarter

Funny idea and dang, that looks good.

modular colors

I like the Mario one :D Very funny and works great on a tshirt. Go for it!

TheInfamousBaka

Love the Sting one and the Mario one is so great, everyone is so expressive! You have great ideas and they're done very well. :-) You need more prints!

Ian-S

Thanks everyone! Such nice comments.

Ian-S

A new idea I'm working on. What do you think?

Ian-S

Bump

alexmdc
alexmdc profile pic Staff

hahahaha love the mario and M. Bison designs!

not feeling the first one as much.

Ian-S

A quick bump before bed. That sounded ruder than I intended.

Ian-S

Hello everyone. Is this ready to go? The title will be Pranked.

Musarter

Great idea. It would be even better, add to the joke, if it was on the back of the tee. Just a thought.

TheInfamousBaka

^That would be awesome, though I'd suggest doing a little something on the front of the tee, like they do with the zip hoodies. The idea is great.

Ian-S

Hey, great idea guys. I'll post some mock up slides and see what you think. Thanks!

Ian-S

Two of the above designs are up for voting. If you like what I've done express your appreciation with a vote. PS. Thanks to everyone who's helped me out on this thread. I've got some great advice!

Sting. Police line up.

JaneDoe123

I love visual puns...though I do think this one might be a tad tangential for some people.

carlyberry

I can't get over how great the sting one is. His face just cracks me up :p

Ian-S

I’m posting this here to get some feedback on the idea. Does it work for you? Do you get it? It came to me while watching “Goldfinger.” I thought ‘How long was Bond knocked out for?’ Odd Job had enough time to kill this woman, paint her and presumably the paints had time to dry! This is when the wet paint sign image popped into my head and made me giggle. I hope it has the same effect on you. What do you think?

taz-pie

um. nope. dead girls are never funny.

Ian-S

Bump. Any thoughts on my Iron Man competition design?

Mantichore

not bad, but first thing that annoys me is iron man's pose, looks very stiff.

Page:
  1. 1
  2. 2
No account?