Close
One second...

Critique for Minnie the Riveter

Watch this
tarka

like the idea and design

however, the yellow gradient should be changed or deleted to match Minnie's style

Mantichore
Mantichore profile pic Alumni

I like the style, but the hand holding the arm is a bit weird. It looks like she has only two fingers.

Musarter
Musarter profile pic Alumni

^ What they said and the speech bubble shape looks a bit wonky. I would make the shape more in line with commonly seen speech bubbles.

JessieSima
JessieSima profile pic Alumni

Hmm ok. I will take all of these things in mind. Tarka, I think you're right about the yellow gradient needing to be different. I think I know what I can do with that. The hand on her arm is a product of me trying to replicate Rosie the Riveter, while changing it to classic Disney style. Minnie only has 4 fingers, so there are the 2 in the front, the one that is slightly behind, and a thumb that you can't see. The bubble too is close in shape to tthe original, but maybe that is something I should change to a Disney style. I'm not even sure if I am going to have her saying "We Can Do It", so there is definitely room for change/improvement. Thanks for the input.

ashtrashbigash

Give that girl some bigger guns!

JessieSima

:) ok awesome. Any thoughts about the text? Should it remain classic, or be changed to something Disney related?

teedubbleyoo

I would say just lose the yellow gradient. Aside from that... ace! :D

dBranes

Jessie,

Good Design. Rosie the Riveter would be proud of her rodent sister. One suggestion I have is for the line outlining the bottom of the figure. It reminds me of a tail. Maybe make it more of a suggestion of a mouse tail, i.e. re-size and blend it into the background.

Good Luck --db

JoshEck11

I think the text works well but maybe a more appealing and defined shape for the speech bubble would look even better? And you should also have the tail of the speech bubble pointing to her mouth rather than her eye.

Love this design, though! Looking forward to seeing your revisions.

JoshEck11

Ahh, but I see you're referencing the original Rosie the Riveter image with that speech bubble, so scratch what I just said. hahaha

JessieSima

Thanks for all the input. I have a revised version that I put on yellow. I still might tweak the word bubble and her tail, but other wise, what are people's opinions? Do you think it looks better on the yellow?

federico.bonelli.7

I liked the first version too but I think the yellow one is better for this message because it's more impressive, good job!

JessieSima

The final is now up for voting! Thanks for your suggestions.

JessieSima

The final is now up for voting! Thanks for your suggestions.

No account?