Close
One second...

Hey!! I Need your opinions HERE! First time submission Critique!

Ok. I made this design and entered it a little hastily ( to be honest )
It's a hand drawn, original beetle drawing using only pointilism.

http://thrdl.es/~/UPV

Please PLEASE tell me what you think- what could be improved on ect.

It's my first time ever entering my art into ANYTHING so I really appreciate your help. :)

Watch this
Dreamspace

I believe you have the skill to produces good artwork. What lacks in that particular design is concept.

Briscoeta

Ok. Such as making a piece that tells more of a story? It's an aesthetically pleasing image but it just needs more. Thank you!

carlo.parodi.b

i like the size you used in the t-shirt, looks as if the bug was hugging you. still, its a design that goes well only on a white t-shirt

Briscoeta

I see what you mean... Other than the color scheme any ideas on improving the concept as well??

carlo.parodi.b

well maybe you could try making it a bit trippier, like adding more beatles inside the beatle, but thats kind of the style I like and it would definitely be more complicated with pointillism :)

Briscoeta

That sounds pretty cool! :)) ill play around with it and see how it turns out, :) thanks a ton!

taz-pie

first thing i saw was a woman on her back, legs bent, showing her weird-looking vag. do not want.

Musarter
Musarter profile pic Alumni
taz-pie said:

first thing i saw was a woman on her back, legs bent, showing her weird-looking vag. do not want.

You would see that. Now I cannot unsee that.

In all honesty, I think you have great technique and the art looks good. I don't think this needs to be reworked but you should look at what prints, come up with a good concept or make a beautiful animal design. I hope this helps.

sweet n sour
sweet n sour profile pic Alumni

I like it much more now I see it like taz :)

How about covering the whole tee in pointillist bugs temple of doom style

Briscoeta
Musarter said:
taz-pie said:

You would see that. Now I cannot unsee that.

In all honesty, I think you have great technique and the art looks good. I don't think this needs to be reworked but you should look at what prints, come up with a good concept or make a beautiful animal design. I hope this helps.

You guys are hilarious haha x) I don't see it but that's probably just because I haven't seen very many vags, weird or normal looking. Musarter- really good advice about checking out what prints! Threadless definitely favors a particular style haha :)

Briscoeta
sweet n sour said:

I like it much more now I see it like taz :)

How about covering the whole tee in pointillist bugs temple of doom style

Awwhhh yeah haha xD temple doom anything would get my vote!

dyllan.parkinson

Looks pretty nice as it is at the moment quite similar to a lot of London artwork that's hitting the fashion trends just now.

My main critique is the technique used during design to me when blown up to such proportions the image has to be flawless and even though this has a very nice tonal variation it just looks a little pixilated and blurry. Might just be me but maybe using solid shapes instead of pixled outlines would benefit you.

Briscoeta
dyllan.parkinson said:

Looks pretty nice as it is at the moment quite similar to a lot of London artwork that's hitting the fashion trends just now.

My main critique is the technique used during design to me when blown up to such proportions the image has to be flawless and even though this has a very nice tonal variation it just looks a little pixilated and blurry. Might just be me but maybe using solid shapes instead of pixled outlines would benefit you.

Also really great advice. I'll have to look into methods of transferring hand drawn images into digital ones with a cleaner, crisper final project. Thank you!!

No account?
Join Us