Close
One second...

Love is a Bumpy Road - Scoring Ended - thanks to those who voted

02/04/13

Sub finally went up :D Yay! heheh I was driving myself nuts hoping it would up up the 2nd half of last week. But Dan's been doing a great job of filtering stuff it must have taken longer to get to my submission.

Anyways it's up and if you all would like to vote or comment it would be much appreciated!
It's a bit of a new style for me... I started playing with the tablet in photoshop more and using the Frenden pencil brushes (which I really sort of love) I'm still having difficulty with the inking brushes in not getting a smooth "inked" line but I really love the simple and pretty effects of the pencil.

http://beta.threadless.com/threadless/love-is-a-bumpy-ride/

THE FINAL VERSION - Slightly smaller palcement on the shirt as suggested...

Original Post:

Any thoughts before I set this up on a submission template?
I was going for the super cute simple sketchy look.. :D

Text? No Text? Too Simple?

Watch this
Twiggyhall

That is adorable!

littlem

so cute! did you try spokes?

pyr4lis
pyr4lis profile pic Alumni

spokes?

littlem

i love 'em.

pyr4lis

Heh thanks Annie :) so i guess it's the version with the spokes?

littlem

which do YOU prefer?

Musarter
Musarter profile pic Alumni
1 design submitted -

Great idea and cute design. Text is needed. I like the spokes but I would probably like them more if they were gray, or even black, so that they would be more subdued.

goliath72
goliath72 profile pic Alumni

ahh nice!

pyr4lis

Ok Grey Spokes hehe

soloyo
soloyo profile pic Alumni

road or ride?

littlem

oooooooo good call, musarter!

Twiggyhall

looks great! these guys is so helpful!

littlem
soloyo said:

road or ride?

i think 'ride' fits better here.

pyr4lis

Hahah did you guys see my file names from flickr? lol

Some images are called "Love is a bumpy road" and some are "Love is a bumpy ride" I wasn't sure which way to go. I was kind of playing off of the phrase "Life is a bumpy road" which is why I went with road. But maybe Ride is more apropos? since it's a bike?

Twiggyhall

I think ride is better, too

Good call, Nestor :)

soloyo

Ride fits better, otherwise you are blaming the road (other people outside the relationship, for how bumpty it is) by saying Love is a bumpy ride you aknowledge that a relationship might have it's up and down but it's still work the try . . (sorry, kind of got really into the message there)

pyr4lis

no totally I completely appreciate it :D thats why I do these blogs. Critiques help alot.. especially when I'm on the fence myself over details. I'm totally into the message and want it to come off the way I'm trying to get it to. Ride fits better hehe I'll fix it. No worries! I appreciate all the help.

Now I just have to try to finish my East meets West sub. I got sidetracked with this since I was feeling "inspired" lol

pyr4lis

Revised to say RIDE not Road :D

Musarter
Musarter profile pic Alumni
1 design submitted -

Looking good. I might make the placement slightly smaller. Besides that, I think it is good to go.

pyr4lis

Thanks. I'll tweak the size a little bit on the submission template and get it sent in. :D

I appreciate your help and critique... and everyone else who took the time to look and comment too!

Fredthecow

I agree with the placement being slightly smaller- but its the large bike that is bothering me, not the text above it :) If you could make the bike a little smaller on the shirt I think it would be better. Anyways I really love the design.

pyr4lis

bump... scoring is up!
Reduced placement size a teeny bit too :D

Twiggyhall

done and voted for youse :)

pyr4lis

Thanks twiggy! :D Morning bumps

soloyo

LOVE IT

Wharton
Wharton profile pic Alumni

This is looking great! Congratulations on the Threadless tumblr spot too!

pyr4lis

Evening bumps :) Thanks for the comments I'm stoked for the threadless tumblr. Not sure if it helps but it makes me super happy anyways

soloyo

Blogs are a bumpy road, so much spam

pyr4lis

Haha yeah.. So much trash in the blogs these days. Seriously... between the spam posts about battery chargers and hacked movies :p it's almost ridiculous.. If it wasn't so obnoxious

soloyo

pyr4lis

hahah :D thanks Nestor

Theo86
Theo86 profile pic Alumni
2 designs submitted - Score now!

really great idea, hope it makes it to print. :)

pyr4lis

morning spam free bumps :D

pyr4lis

Sunday afternoon last 24hrs (I think hehe) bump. Back from camping and trying to warm up ;) hehe it was freaking cold outside last night.

ChrisDB

looks great!

pyr4lis

thank you!

So I got a 2.98 ... I had hoped perhaps this might be my first 3.0 but whatever :) It still seems like a good score even with the lack of zeros to pull it down.

242 votes
47 fives 42 ones

soloyo

This has great chances to print!

Theo86
Theo86 profile pic Alumni
2 designs submitted - Score now!

I can hear the printers starting for this one!

pyr4lis

Thanks! That would be amazing heh if it happened. I've really no idea what "printable" stats are now.

I really appreciate the support and wonderful comments :) makes me very happy and motivated to do more

No account?