Close
One second...

Frog Prince Dissected -- Do you like my design

My second design was just approved for scoring like clockwork. I'm looking for votes and critiques. How could I improve for my next design?

Link to Image

Watch this
Bio-bot 9000
Bio-bot 9000 profile pic Alumni

in the future, you might want to post critiques before submitting. I think the green on green color obscures too much of the detail, and color is concentrated too much in the center: the red muscles and the heart are the main things the eye goes to, while the rest sort of fades into the background. some more detail on the frog, and a non green shirt would help make this stand out more. I like that you got the number of finger and toes correct :)

Bio-bot 9000

also the left hand seems like it's on backwards.

galehaut

Thanks for the feedback bio-bot. I'll post my next design for critique before submitting it.

galehaut

Bio, I saw something on your profile saying you are a frog expert or something. Are there any printed frog designs that you've seen that are really exceptional examples?

Bio-bot 9000

There was this one, which was a clever zip-up gimmick, but anatomically incorrect since, I believe, frogs have 4 fingers at the most (they actually have 5, but the "thumb" is usually tiny and often covered in skin). I just googled a bit and saw this design, which is pretty funny. I'm not an expert by any means but I've dissected a fair amount of frogs, and don't think the face ever bends towards the front that much: Frogs don't have much of a neck, as seen in the skeleton.

For some great realistic paintings of frogs, check out the Peterson Field Guides. (should be available at your local library or bookstore).

dBranes

galehaut,

Your have a strange view of the world! Using your eyes to see the world: Maybe the crown should be tossed to the side haphazardly and his scepter used as one of the pins holding back his skin. Back in biology 101, you would see only the bottom side of the frog, so it wouldn't be staring at you. Maybe a profile would work with this piece. Go googling for frog dissections images.

What about a dainty hand (human or pig – Miss Piggy-like) with a scalpel? (implies the princess is doing the dirty deed.)

Good Luck

--db

galehaut

Thanks for the links and the feedback.

I guess it didn't come across quite right. I just thought that it would be creepier if the frog was staring at the person dissecting it, and so I took some anatomical liberties. But I guess this was not one of those happy accident situations.

And I agree that Miss Piggy dissecting Kermit would be a cool design, too! Someone should totally make that.

galehaut

Thanks for the links and the feedback.

I guess it didn't come across quite right. I just thought that it would be creepier if the frog was staring at the person dissecting it, and so I took some anatomical liberties. But I guess this was not one of those happy accident situations.

And I agree that Miss Piggy dissecting Kermit would be a cool design, too! Someone should totally make that.

No account?
Join Us