Close
One second...

Looking for feedback/tips/suggestions

Hi, i'm a new user of Threadless.com and a few days ago, i've submitted this design for a t-shirt...
My submission has been declined so i was wandering if anyone could give me any suggestion to improve the quality of my work! Thanks!

Watch this
Wharton
Wharton profile pic Alumni

Although I think this needs a little work, I'm surprised it was declined.

I think the colour palette is a bit off, I realise this is a creepy clown thing and the colours should be a bit disturbing, but I think that at present they're not popping as much as they could. The greys of the face and the pink eye balls are too similar tonally and merge together and that blue is horrible.

I think the typeface and the illustration feel a bit disconnected. Either bring it down, or I think you should have a taller typeface.

Grotesquer

thank you for the help! So, you think i should change the blue make-up (yes, that's awful ;) ) and the colours of the face and eyeballs? I'm thinking about putting 'coulrophobia' under the clown... would it be better? Thank you anyway, your comment was really helpful!

Grotesquer

do you think that would be ok?

pyr4lis
pyr4lis profile pic Alumni

drawing looks better. I do not like the text. I feel like it doesn't add anything to the design. as for a monster I do wish there was like a whole body and what not rather than just a floating head

Grotesquer

i've 'cut off' the clown's head because i thought it was more suitable for a t-shirt, he had a body, do you think i should add it on the t-shirt design and erase the text?

pyr4lis

Couldn't hurt to try it out and see what it looks like :)

Designs can print taking up practically the whole front of the shirt... you're not restricted to keeping designs to right across the upper chest area.

Grotesquer

thank you for the suggestions! I'll try to put even the body too and see how it looks like...I'm a newbie and so i have a newbie question: could i submit two designs wich are very similar? ( i'm talking about a clown--head-only design and a clow-with-body one :) ) Sorry for the bad english!

pyr4lis

1- you can try but more than likely you will not get them past the approval stage. 2- even if they both make it through you will very likely make voters mad at you. people HATE scoring two things that are super similar. There are hundreds of designs for scoring at any given time and to slog through them all and have to essentially vote on the same design twice tends to make people mad.

You are best working very hard on work you believe in and then submitting the ONE version that you think is your very best work. IF the first design score poorly you can always rework your idea and resubmit it at a later date if you still feel the design merits your effort.

No account?
Join Us