What's good hipster music?

I looked at pitchfork and i've never heard of any of those bands. what's good?

Watch this
Steve The Great

There's a Ra Ra Riot album. Do I like them??

5eth
5eth profile pic Alumni

There's this one band...you've probably never heard of them though.

Twiggyhall

Noodly Boobs...always & forevah...

Bio-bot 9000
Bio-bot 9000 profile pic Alumni

There's this hip new band that's actually just a trio of field mice scrambling around in a Habitrail. It's wild!!!

Twiggyhall

It's hip to be meece

Dan Yingling

Dillinger escape plan and Converge.

Twiggyhall

Well, there's always Cat Nap...

Bio-bot 9000
Bio-bot 9000 profile pic Alumni

But seriously, Steve, I hear you. When I look at this year's Noise Pop lineup it's like every other word is in Klingon. Toro? Amon Tobin?? Jurado? XXYYXX??!!

even the names that are legible/english I'm like 2% familiar with.

Dan Yingling
Bio-bot 9000 said:

... and Botch

NICE

littlem

there's this really cool band called Hanson. so dreamy

littlem

but hmm, maybe tame impala. i dunno. wtf is hipster music?

WTF?STEVETHEGREATISDRUNK!!!

the czar

I know at least half those bands in Biobots list. Does that make me a hipster? I'm pretty sure I'm too old to be a hipster.

taz-pie

i have literally only heard of two of those bands in that list. i am so behind the times, mang :(

[+duracell-]

if you've heard of it, its shit mang

taz-pie

Has anyone heard the prerelease of the new Noodly Boobs album?

TheInfamousBaka
TheInfamousBaka profile pic Alumni

I've heard of some of them, but only because I've been listening to a lot of indie music in the last year or so. Starfucker is a great band name.

Musarter
Musarter profile pic Alumni
Bio-bot 9000 said:

But seriously, Steve, I hear you. When I look at this year's Noise Pop lineup it's like every other word is in Klingon. Toro? Amon Tobin?? Jurado? XXYYXX??!!

even the names that are legible/english I'm like 2% familiar with.

For the most part I know what you are saying. Amon Tobin, who is a Brazilian DJ, had a great album called Supermodified. Toror Y Moi and !!! had good albums a few years ago but I haven't really heard much about rest.

I generally consider anything I have not heard of as hipster, so I don't know any good hipster music.

Jordan_Bender
Jordan_Bender profile pic Alumni

In 2007 I went to a underground concert in the tiniest venue you could imagine. I walked in and the band playing was Overview, and all I heard was 30 seconds of the last set they were playing and I bought their album right there. I think they were based out of Cali but for some reason they were in Texas. They changed their name soon after, broke up, got new band members, so I've lost interest in them. But that album I bought will always be a favorite.

karaed

Can everybody stop submitting designs so Dan has more time to comment on blogs? He makes me laugh. Also, I hear he really, really likes Vampire Weekend.

Dan Yingling

"Also, I hear he really, really likes Vampire Weekend."

Yeah... Jamming that right after I rip through this Cut Copy record...

Chipmnk

Craft Spells all day.

tikitoaster

TV Girl, Local Natives, Deerhunter, Lotus Plaza, Yuck

Toro Y Moi is awesome to groove to

No account?
Join Us