Close
One second...

How long before you know if you're getting printed?

I've got a question for all you genius designers who have gotten printed recently, I have a design up for scoring now, and I was wondering how long it takes for them to tell you if your design will get printed or not? Is it like a week, or like three months? Just curious.....Also, do they usually only print the top scorer, or is a combo of like the top ten or something?

Watch this
GoldenGod02

I haven't gotten printed before...but I know Threadless has 90 days to decide whether to print something or not. After that, it's pretty much up to you what you do with the design. I was told, a week after I submitted a design for a challenge, that Threadless chose the design to submit to GAP. GAP had 180 days to decide if they wanted to print it or not. Unfortunately, they decided not to print it. So a week, a month, 3 months, 6 months???...Basically, there's no set schedule when you find out.

ashtrashbigash

Hmmmm, that's kinda sucky. lol I'm more of an instant gratification kind of person....

GoldenGod02

That turtle ya got there is pretty bad ass though. I felt like that too when I first submitted my first designs (which were super horrible lol). But once you start submitting more and more you forget about the wait and just have fun with it =)

TheInfamousBaka

It really does vary, but your Patchwork Turtle is doing well! A good score doesn't guarantee a print, but it puts it in the pool for consideration. Here lately they've been printing designs rather quickly, but then there's Nick's pick that was sitting around for a good while before they printed it. So you never know. :-)

GoldenGod02

And instant gratification doesn't fly here...especially because you don't get informed if you're shirt won't print. So you're kind of in t-shirt limbo for a while lol

ashtrashbigash

Thanks, guess I just need to hit the sketch pad and forget about it for a while... lol

agrimony

a week to 3 weeks is the norm, or at least used to be, for them to notify you. After sending them the files and stuff the shirt will be printed about 90 days later, hence the 90 days rule.

there have been other cases of people being notified after 90 days (or before scoring even ended) but those are usually rare

soloyo-collabs
ashtrashbigash said:

Hmmmm, that's kinda sucky. lol I'm more of an instant gratification kind of person....

Hey, you should beware of making comment like that in this blogs LOL

soloyo-collabs
ashtrashbigash said:

craquehaus

Beat me to it.

littlem

i've been waiting like 2759 days so far. this is so exciting!!!

ashtrashbigash
soloyo said:
ashtrashbigash said:

Now that you say it, that sounded kinda bad. lol

soloyo-collabs

Pardon the double comment from earlier.

By the way some designs take 415 days to appear in the spoiler blog (you will see tomorrow)

ashtrashbigash

Spoiler blog? Tell me more...

tamarakraft

I would love to hear about the spoiler blog as well!

tamarakraft

Thanks, Soloyo! Still finding my way around.

ashtrashbigash

Hey, how often do they switch the tees up? Is it like every month or something?

soloyo-collabs
ashtrashbigash said:

Hey, how often do they switch the tees up? Is it like every month or something?

If by switching tees up, you mean: how often they print new designs? The answer would: be every week

ashtrashbigash

You are so wise Soloyo! What would i do without you! lol Thanks!

Ryder
2 designs submitted - Score now!

I always know if i'm getting printed at least a month ahead of time because i'm psychic

soloyo-collabs

I always know when I am not getting printed

digsy
soloyo said:

I always know when I am not getting printed

lol, join the club!

digsy

i just used "lol" what the hell is wrong with me

Ryder
2 designs submitted - Score now!

Can we create a club for Alumni who haven't been printed in ages?

digsy

YES! the out of fashion alumni, that would be awesome!

littlem

i'm still waiting. this is so exciting!!!

No account?