Close
One second...

Workin' on a little somethin' somethin'

As I said, someting I'm working on at the moment.

Mario & Luigi as a couple hipsters just chillin'

What do you think so far? :)

I'm thinking of adding Peach in between them. We'll see how it goes.
Do you think this would be a good concept for the East Meets West?

First Draft:

New draft:

Final Result:

Watch this
Theo86
Theo86 profile pic Alumni

I def dig the style of it so far, and seems like a good idea, can't wait for an update.

skever

Thanks Theo :)

skever

Anyone esle?

skever

BUMP

skever

bump

Bio-bot 9000
Bio-bot 9000 profile pic Alumni

I like it so far. I can't see the tattoos too well but if they're things like turnips, mushrooms, and coins that'd be pretty swell.

skever

Thanks :) Yeah the tats are all those and more ;D On the next update I'll upload some close ups :)

skever

Just added the image of how its looking no :) Thoughts?

skever

Now*

skever

Click on the image for a close up (sorry for the bad resolution on the close up -.-)

soloyo
soloyo profile pic Alumni

Does Peach represents the EAST????

soloyo

or all of them represent the east?

skever

Well, it wasn't really a piece for the East meets West challenge, but then I thought.. They're characters from an eastern origin represented in the very western "Hipster" manner, or even like a Vintage vs. Modern theme? So, maybe it could work for that challenge? As it does say that you can use 2 opposing ideas... Do you guys think it would be a good candidate? If not then I'll sub it as a normal Threadless design :)

pyr4lis
pyr4lis profile pic Alumni

Well first off i love your illustration style on this one... the sketchy line work is great :D I've been trying to achieve that effect for awhile myself but with varying degrees of success to failure lol.

I do personally see this as more of a regular threadless print but as long as you state in your submission WHY you think this is East Meets West go for it. I also like that it's a break from 98% of the other E meets W submissions about Suns and Samurais and Ying Yang things...

Also just because it's submitted for a challenge does not exclude it from being chosen as a regular print if it does not win the challenge. Threadless does pick regular winners out of challenge submissions too.

I think Peach looks so super hipster :P love the ugly leg tattoo and stupid high waisted shorts pulled all the way up. I get the joke and think it's funny and cute... although I'm personally over mario based mash ups... I would score it a 5 anyways.

soloyo

Bio-bot 9000

I the coloring so far, but it could be just a little bit brighter: the dark scheme kind of dulls it in my opinion.

skever

Pry4lis, Thank you fr the great advice and comment :) I might change the eyes to a more manga style actually like soloyo has pointed out And i think I shall also work on brightening the colours a little

Thanks guys!

FreedomFeathers

I like the version with peach in the middle best! I think it would be more likely to print if you submitted it as a traditional threadless design.

Bio-bot 9000

I don't think you should bother changing the Manga eyes. I think you risk stretching too much too fit the theme, and risk confusing the viewers. I think you should do a normal sub and not try to bend over backwards for East Meets West.

skever

I think what I shall do then is as @Pyr4lis said, make a couple of changes, then sub it with the description I mentioned earlier for the E meets W challenge, it may not win, but as they also may choose it as a regular Threadless sub, there's no harm :) Thanks fellow Threaders!

skever

Just uploaded the final result of the design :)

skever

Tittle suggestions? :)

endoxo

Ye$$$$$

skever

Subbed :) Just waiting for confirmation now :D

No account?
Join Us