Close
One second...

Threadless Size Chart

Hey guys, we're taking a look at our Threadless size chart and wanted to get some feedback. Do you regularly use the chart to figure out your size? Is your Threadless size similar to the size you wear in other brands? Is there any information you think we're missing from the chart? Your feedback is much appreciated!

Watch this
EZFL

The guys shirts fit similar to the blank Mossimo athletic fit tees that Target sells.

It would be beneficial to state what size shirt the person is wearing in the product photos, and give their height/weight and build (skinny, average, athletic, etc.) I like when that's available on other sites... it's more helpful then just giving the shirt dimensions.

[+duracell-]

No No you have width so.. I don't know, maybe add length?

[+duracell-]

whoops, forgot my spaces simulating a newline, post ruined.

Morkki

Actual dimensions would be a lot more useful than a vague size range. I wear medium tees but the medium hoodies are too tight. I'm afraid of ordering Select items because I have no idea how they would fit.

sweetassryan

Compared a recent Threadless tee to a Hanes tee. The Threadless one is about an inch longer in length. Hanes length is preferable as it does hang too low, cover pockets or my junk areas.

I don't recall the chart being very useful before. Length and width along with the chest size would be nice.

An actual schematic, like a little doodle showing 'this is here' (like chest is this line or whatever, etc.) would be good. Just a simple shirt avatar would be good.

v.calahan

Size chart is ok, not sure length is always the same with every shirt though, wearing large guys, and lately, maybe it's the new shirt cut, they are a little longer than older models? So precisions on length would be great!

pyr4lis

Yeah I feel women's needs more specific measurements. Bust, Waist, & Length.

I find Length to be an issue when shopping. I am normally a Medium but but do buy Large on occasion depending on the shirt type and cut. And I've found that some shirts cuts / brand / style are too short. Not a huge deal with the long sleeve girly slouchy select styles as I can layer them with a tank top.. but this may be an issue in the summer when I don't want to layer my shirts.

littlem
xiv said:

The guys shirts fit similar to the blank Mossimo athletic fit tees that Target sells.

It would be beneficial to state what size shirt the person is wearing in the product photos, and give their height/weight and build (skinny, average, athletic, etc.) I like when that's available on other sites... it's more helpful then just giving the shirt dimensions.

that^

LFagan

Awesome, thanks! We're definitely going to add more info to the chart and all of this is helpful. Keep the comments coming folks!

TheInfamousBaka

My one select shirt I have seems to run a little bigger than the regular threadless tees. I got a large, which I usually get to compensate for shrinking, and it feels a bit too loose. I agree with Xiv that having something like "model is wearing a medium and is 5' 9"" would be very useful.

radiomode
1 design submitted - Score now!

Yes I do use the size chart. Please provide length. Sizing for XS also not included in the current size chart.

Mantichore
Morkki said:

Actual dimensions would be a lot more useful than a vague size range. I wear medium tees but the medium hoodies are too tight.

I had the same problem, medium tees fit really well, but a medium hoodie was too tight -_-

pyr4lis

yeah each shirt type needs it's own measurements. The hoodies don't fit like the tees, tees don't fit like tank tops.. and regular tees don't fit like selects... and the womens has all sorts of "oversized" style shirts and "slim" cut shirts.

I also agree the comment about stating the height and what size the model is wearing!

pyr4lis

How does that Select Tri-Blend Dolman Cardigan Fit? Is is true to size? Is it already oversized? If I buy Medium shirts should I get a Medium? Or do I size it more like the Select Loose Raglan Thermal (I ordered a size up since I wanted it to be slouchy)?

LFagan

Thanks er'body for the feedback! Your comments will definitely help us to make a better, more informative chart.

Pyr4lis- the Dolman Cardigan has a loose/roomy fit but is still technically true to size. If you want an oversized fit, I would suggest sizing up. A lot of the girls at the company have gone up a size and have been happy with the results. Also, both models are shown wearing mediums in our product photos. Hope that helps!

tracerbullet

I've been buying a lot of baby sizes for my niece lately, and they have all been absurdly off in size according to my sister. She's a normal size 8-month-old, but the 12-month and 18-month things I've bought her pretty much fit her now. By the time she's those ages, they won't fit her at all. I've been really disappointed with the baby clothes.

pyr4lis

awesome thanks :D I'll probably swing up a size then.

irck

Definitely need a diagram with actual dimensions on it. It seems like every shirt I buy from you guys is a different shape which always makes me hesitant to buy again.

It would make it way easier just to be able to measure a shirt you own that fits and then find a similar size according to a chart with real dimensions.

montbriac

I have noticed a discrepancy in the bust area of the Women's Tee as compared to the Boatneck. Specifically, the Medium Tee is very, very tight on a D-Cup but the Medium Boatneck is so much looser it is almost a size up. It would be nice if there was consistency in the bust area of the women's shirts or as others have suggested actual measurements for women particularly in the bust, waist and length.

For instance the clothing size chart issued by a popular women's clothing and lingerie business is very accurate in terms of fitting different body-types based on measurements.

Size XS0 XS2 S4 S6 M8 M10 L12 L14 XL16 Bust (in.) 32.5 33 34.5 35.5 36.5 37.5 39 40.5 42.5 Waist (in.) 24 25 26 27 28 29 30.5 32 34

sander_p

Did Threadless change its sizes at some point? I ordered some guys tees (small) in the past - 2008 or so - and they all fit perfectly. I ordered a new batch of small guys tees which arrived today and they are all at least a few centimeters longer than the ones I previously purchased from Threadless. Not very consistent, and makes me hesistant to order again...

Is this just me, or did anyone else notice?

olamtap

Size of the actual t-shirt (hoodie, etc.) in addition to the sizing chart already available would be a great addition. I am sure a lot of people are reluctant to buy t-shirts online because of the sizing unknowns; why not give a maximum of information? On a personal note, i find that the t-shirts are too long (a bit like American Apparel t-shirt but even long i think).

Ukitake

sander_p is absolutely right the older t-shirts used to fit way better than the new ones. Apparently this has to do with your phasing out of the AA and Fruit of the Loom t-shirts from what I hear. The problem with the new tees is inconsistency as far as size is concerned and I also have to add that they don't fit well on the shoulders sometimes or the belly. They kinda feel like tight fit on the chest area and as they grow longer they get somewhat wider. I don't think it's just me... I really like the tees but I can't buy something that makes me uncomfortable to wear.

celandinestern

girls' boatneck tees are definitely way looser/ larger than the regular tees, but somehow they still work true to size for me - I get both in medium and it's all good! My hoodie has been large though, and that fits great.

I agree with everyone that specific measurements would help. With some of the select dresses I have been wondering if they are very short, or just being worn by very tall models :)

Bigmclrghuge

I've been looking at buying a hoodie for a long time now, but due to their price I've been hesitant. I have ordered plenty of t-shirts now in size Large. After a wash or two they shrink up a little too much around the chest and arms. I was thinking about buying the hoodie in XL and letting it shrink a bit.

Has anyone else experienced the same thing I did and bought a XL hoodie and had it fit nicely?

Thanks!

lily1029

I feel like the sizes for the Select items are all over the place. Since these items are so much more expensive could each item get it's own chart?
I just got 2 of the girly cardigans and either I have way thicker arms than I thought or these sleeves are ridiculously tight! I'm going to exchange for an XL in them. However, I've also tried a short sleeve select shirt size L that is almost too big! I really like these designs but I shouldn't have to debate each time I order something if I want to deal with an incorrect size or spend the extra money to do an exchange.

littlem

can anyone tell me how tall this adorable young lady is and what size sweater she is wearing in this photo? thanks!

berlynhubler

Definitely add the length of the shirt and more specific measurements! I usually order a medium, but I am short, so I find the tees are long compared to what they used to be. The AA tees used to be shorter, so that threw me off.

For Select sizing, the girly keyhole dolman & 3/4 sleeve dolman is similar to a medium tee but baggier on top.

It really depends on how you like to wear the clothes though - maybe it would be better to incorporate a feedback form so that people could provide their measurements and fit info when they buy?

No account?