Close
One second...

what the heck just happend with my most recent sub?

Watch this
Page:
  1. 1
  2. 2
EZFL
EZFL profile pic Alumni

Oh man, so much hate. It's extremely fatphobic haha

PeculiarTiffany
PeculiarTiffany profile pic Alumni

Yeah, they posted it on Facebook with a "Should we print this?"

PeculiarTiffany

I'm guessing the answer is a "No."

PeculiarTiffany

P.S. Looks like they removed that post, so must have gotten a lot of hate on there.

EZFL
EZFL profile pic Alumni

I dont get all that hate for it though... everyone is so damn oversensitive.

jeffreyg
jeffreyg profile pic Staff

LMAO oh man those comments are fun to read

jeffreyg
jeffreyg profile pic Staff

threadless posted it on facebook but later removed it after people were offended

PeculiarTiffany

I wish I could have read those Facebook comments. Though there are some people posting to their page and Threadless is having to do copy/paste apologies.

biotwist
biotwist profile pic Alumni

awwww i'm sorry. someone at threadless must have loved this because it was approved in like a day when it my last 4 subs took a week for approval each, I thought plus sized women would wear this ironically...

celandinestern
celandinestern profile pic Alumni

sadly people just don't get sarcasm. or humor. I posted a 'do not rape' thing which is a sort of play on those posters that give women bullshit advice for avoiding getting raped, like 'don't wear short skirts', 'always go in pairs' and that stuff, and some lameass dude who I didn't even know was on my friends list was all like 'that's offensive to men because it suggests that we are all rapists'. I was like, that's offensive to you because you were born without a brain. But anyways, yeah, everything's a frikkin sensitive subject these days. I thought it was adorable. That poor fat chicken :D

BeanePod
BeanePod profile pic Alumni
1 design submitted -

people need to relax the fuck up

although the comments are awesome

soloyo
soloyo profile pic Alumni

People get offended very easily, too easily

Manupix

Haha!

Well tbh, the first half-second I was like NO WAY then OK JOKE!

Musarter
Musarter profile pic Alumni

A surprising string of hate for a non-offensive design. What is it with the thin skin everyone has these days.

filgouvea
filgouvea profile pic Alumni

Bad joke with bad art. It seems to me that you just want some attention, no need to be a dick tho. It really surprises me threadless posted this shit on their page.

Jordan_Bender
Jordan_Bender profile pic Alumni
1 design submitted -
filgouvea said:

Bad joke with bad art. It seems to me that you just want some attention, no need to be a dick tho..

Thems fightin' words.

heldenstuff
heldenstuff profile pic Alumni

Why do you think it is non-offensive? Just curious. I can see a lot of douchebags wearing a design like that and really mean it.

ImAGoldenGod
celandinestern said:

...'that's offensive to men because it suggests that we are all rapists'. I was like, that's offensive to you because you were born without a brain.

That made me laugh. Everything is so politically correct now and I guess fat chickens have now made it into that sensitive category as well. If you can make a joke about bacon but you can't make a joke about the effects of said bacon...then I have no idea what's going on =)

heldenstuff
heldenstuff profile pic Alumni

I thought plus sized women would wear this ironically...

That would be funny!

celandinestern

I like how "fatphobic" is now an actual word.

I have no problem with people being fat or with people being thin. I bust my ass at the gym every second night and work out like a crazy person because I think I weigh more than I should, as most women seem to at some point in their lives. So fuckin what.

The tee is funny, and that poor goofy obese chicken is bloody hilarious. I don't see how this can be seen as any more offensive than that thing that was going around FB recently about "how to pick up chicks", with a three-image illustration of a guy bending down and taking a little chicken in the palm of his hand.

Yes there is wordplay, and yes some tool might wear it because he really wants to tell all the fat girls around him to stop throwing themselves at his feet (which they're unlikely to be doing anyway), but the whole PC thing where we have to be so fucking sensitive about anyone who has "image issues" is beyond me. Are you fat and cool with it? Great, stay that way. Are you fat and not cool with it? Lose weight. It's what I'm doing. Yes I know how fucking hard it is, tough titty. Are you not fat? Good for you. Unless you want to be fat, in which case go binge on all the stuff I wish I was eating. But whichever way you slice it, don't get your knickers in a twist over a joke, because it makes you seem like a stick in the mud.

celandinestern

that, by the way, is not directed at any particular individual, just at the rabid sub commenters in general, or more accurately at everyone on the internet who runs around in a state of frenzied outrage every time someone manages to "offend" them. By breathing or something.

ImAGoldenGod

Oh my goodness you've filled my "hilarious" quota for the day Lidija

PeculiarTiffany

People are too busy being offended to see the humor in things.

celandinestern

I think I'm a pretty regular person with reasonable moral standards, but I genuinely cannot remember the last time I was offended at something. It's like there's a horde of internet people who have decided that running around being offended somehow earns them a superhero badge that says "Defender of Moral Upstanding". I wish they'd all keep their moral outrage to themselves and go actually do something with that pent up energy, like feed some stray dogs or donate toys for some homeless children or something. Or heck, go do some exercise.

BeanePod
1 design submitted -

"I wish they'd all keep their moral outrage to themselves and go actually do something with that pent up energy,"

^ YES

biotwist

because mine is a parody of that duschebag shirt... none ofthos bros would wear a shirt with a cute fat chicken on it

C Kid said:

Why do you think it is non-offensive? Just curious. I can see a lot of douchebags wearing a design like that and really mean it.

kimkong1014
kimkong1014 profile pic Alumni

lot's of haters there. wait, are they really haters? your score is on fire!

filgouvea
filgouvea profile pic Alumni

I do apologise for calling Jonah a dick, no need for that part. As soon as I saw the gif Jordan posted I remembered how pointless it is to get into this kind of thing. I'll go exercise a bit now or maybe donate some toys... for sure is a better use of my time.

EZFL
EZFL profile pic Alumni

quick... submit one with the chick replaced by a piglet and the type NO PORKERS

Musarter
Musarter profile pic Alumni

^Awesome idea. No Porkers is sexless so you can offend both genders equally and I am all for equality.

biotwist
kimkong1014 said:

lot's of haters there. wait, are they really haters? your score is on fire!

cool. I'm going ot make money of this design one way or another

Twiggyhall
celandinestern said:

I like how "fatphobic" is now an actual word.

I have no problem with people being fat or with people being thin. I bust my ass at the gym every second night and work out like a crazy person because I think I weigh more than I should, as most women seem to at some point in their lives. So fuckin what.

The tee is funny, and that poor goofy obese chicken is bloody hilarious. I don't see how this can be seen as any more offensive than that thing that was going around FB recently about "how to pick up chicks", with a three-image illustration of a guy bending down and taking a little chicken in the palm of his hand.

Yes there is wordplay, and yes some tool might wear it because he really wants to tell all the fat girls around him to stop throwing themselves at his feet (which they're unlikely to be doing anyway), but the whole PC thing where we have to be so fucking sensitive about anyone who has "image issues" is beyond me. Are you fat and cool with it? Great, stay that way. Are you fat and not cool with it? Lose weight. It's what I'm doing. Yes I know how fucking hard it is, tough titty. Are you not fat? Good for you. Unless you want to be fat, in which case go binge on all the stuff I wish I was eating. But whichever way you slice it, don't get your knickers in a twist over a joke, because it makes you seem like a stick in the mud.

Lidija always says it so well :) You're an articulate broad.

I mean chick.

I mean young lady.

pyr4lis
pyr4lis profile pic Alumni

Well I'll be 100% honest. My first 1 second knee-jerk instinct was to be offended. Like most women I feel insecure and "fat" and work my ass off to try not to be..

My second reaction was that I DO get the joke, and I like the simplicity of the cute little sad overfed chicken. I get that it's parody and has multiple meanings.. between the overfed chickens produced by the food companies to try to make an extra buck to making fun of those douche bag guys (who are usually ass ugly anyways) that truly "believe" that sort of trash and will end up lonely and alone.

Lidija did hit the nail on the head though. Women are sensitive over their weight. Most women who do feel insecure about themselves will lash out at anything they can grasp at. They go after fashion designers / runway models / tv and movie actresses... / magazines etc. And YOU are a much easier target for them than if they tried to go after a huge name like Vogue. I think what you're getting is the back lash of ignorant people who are going with their first 2 second reaction without actually LOOKING at the design.

I do hope that threadless chooses to print it.

ArTrOcItY
ArTrOcItY profile pic Alumni

Unfortunately there is lot of humor-impaired people out there...

Twiggyhall

Yeah, the media is constantly telling women they're too fat (or too skinny), their boobs and butt should be bigger while their waist should be smaller, yadda yadda yadda, etc etc etc and all the while airbrushing every model into oblivion...even the ones who are already "perfect" looking by society's standards

What the fuck ever

Have confidence and just be yourself, that'll always be sexy and in style

RubberDuckyUrThe1

lol, wouldn't it be funny if it got printed just from the sheer amount of attention it's received? i mean it looks like a ton of people signed up with threadless just to comment about it. isn't that the mark of a 5? lol.

don't worry, haters gonna hate.

StrayTangent

Someone needs to make an "Assholes fuck off" submission so assholes everywhere can get pissy and post angry things in response online.

Twiggyhall

I'm pretty sure that's happened before, RubbyDucky :)

Akaka
Akaka profile pic Alumni

Ooookay. I don't think I've ever seen a "no fat chicks" shirt before (not common around here? that's good lol) so my reaction was confusion - I didn't realize it was parody so I got weirded out and didn't know how to feel. So basically I didn't get it and that's why it seemed kind of offensive to me (to clarify, I wasn't offended personally but I could see that reaction coming...)

Maybe this happened to some other people too? shrug

biotwist

you don't kneed to know about the orginal. its just works on a shity. this is a cute chicken and if you were cool with your self image you would were this cute yet sad and clearly obese chicken ironically. this shirt does not say no fat girls....

BeanePod
1 design submitted -

Gonna go out on a limb here and guess that all of this nonsense was probably the last thing on your mind before subbing this.

[+duracell-]

what threadless should do is print it but only sell it in XXL+ sizes

evyc

I would redo it and try to reference it to the whole "farmers are over feeding and giving growth hormones to chickens to make that extra dollar." I'm only saying that because then people wouldn't lash out at it so much. Instead they would buy it and think they are representing "a cause." All in all, this shirt needs to be printed! Haha.

RubberDuckyUrThe1
[+duracell-] said:

what threadless should do is print it but only sell it in XXL+ sizes

haha

biotwist

haters gana' eat

Morkki
Morkki profile pic Alumni

To be honest, I wouldn't wear it but I don't find it offensive either. But I saw that someone tried to start a downvoting campaign on Tumblr and that's just fucked up.

biotwist

and they always have to point out that they aren't fat... and all plus sized girls tell me they love it

craquehaus

This is what happens when Bizzaro Facebook Threadless World interacts with regular Threadless.

Page:
  1. 1
  2. 2
No account?
Join Us