Close
One second...

Shirt or Bag?

Hello,
I'd like to make this design as strong as possible before submitting. Would love to hear your thoughts! 4 color print on light grey shirt... Or as a pattern for bag or other.

Thanks a lot!

cheers,
Jonathan

Watch this
ashtrashbigash

I like the conept, but all the wrinkle lines on it really distract from the design. I would love to see some more skeletal strusture in the front of the dog too, like a ribcage or something, and maybe lose the grey tones and really commit to a darker black and grey concept. Hope that helps!

ashtrashbigash

I like the conept, but all the wrinkle lines on it really distract from the design. I would love to see some more skeletal strusture in the front of the dog too, like a ribcage or something, and maybe lose the grey tones and really commit to a darker black and grey concept. Hope that helps!

Bio-bot 9000
Bio-bot 9000 profile pic Alumni

I don't understand why the dog's skull is shown. The concept is a bit confusing.

Jonathan Moskaluk

I didn't want to lean towards "zombie dog" or anything that would take over the image. Just a dog biting his own tail. The skull instead of a regular head is just more visually appealing to me.

Jonathan Moskaluk

Do you think it works better as a pattern?

Jonathan Moskaluk

considering submitting as a pattern. Also need a name. Any feedback helps! thanks!

Bio-bot 9000

like the first poster said, the wrinkles seem distracting. try to refine the lines and shading, go for somewhat stylized rather than realistic.

Bio-bot 9000

also, match the tail color more closely to the body, and simplify/smoothe the curves.

Jonathan Moskaluk

Im thinking of doing just black, with white highlights on grey background. Also considering having the dog spinning in a tight circle on the front of the shirt, instead of wrapped around.

roball

The wraparound is very cool. I'm not sure about the light grey shirt though, I'd love to see it on gold or light blue.

Morkki
Morkki profile pic Alumni
1 design submitted -

About the wraparound: I've seen more than a dozen wiener dog wraparound designs submitted to Threadless and they never get printed. It's not really technically possible. The front and back of the shirt are printed separately and aligning them so that the design goes seamlessly around the shirt is nearly impossible. Also all shirt sizes are printed with the same screens.

But the style is pretty strong and I think just the front portion of the dog printed big on the front could work.

Jonathan Moskaluk

I emailed them and they said they could print it, but don't do it very often. I'm guessing it's too much work to line up. Maybe I could have it wrap around still, but not link up... so the tail of the dog ends on the back of the shirt. OR could submit it as a pattern print? Might look awesome with all the dogs on a bag

mynameischelsee

i totally dig this as a shirt. i would wear the crap outta that.

No account?