EXTINCTION EVENT FUN: feedback please!

"The beginning of the end."
I thought I'd do something cutesy for girls and toddlers with enough of an edge for manly men to wear.

Still a WIP, so any feedback is more than welcomed!

Watch this
Bio-bot 9000
Bio-bot 9000 profile pic Alumni

Nice! The arms of the T-rex seem too stiff, like he's in a zombie trance. His expression also seems a bit odd, almost like he's sleept rather than startled. The line of the triceratops frill could be a bit thicker to match the rest of the drawing.

voodazz

Thanks for the feedback! I agree.

Mantichore
Mantichore profile pic Alumni

great! one tiny detail I would change: the grass behind the triceratops horns seems a bit awkwardly placed, I'dd put it higher. apart from that you should submit this, so I can give it a 5!

voodazz

Thanks again for the feedback, people! Great observation on the grass placement, Manichore. I did not notice that at all. Gotta love that feedback! :) Keep 'em coming, ya'll!

Mantichore

and maybe you should place the dinosaur in the front even more to the right, so it looks less like he is sniffing the other one's behind :p

voodazz

Haha okay good point about moving the right dino. Now all I see is a butt sniffing reptile. Thanks again!

voodazz

I guess it would help if I posted the revision.

voodazz

blue version

voodazz

shirt test

voodazz

Normally I don't bump for the sake of bumping but apparently I've been pushed down by spam threads. yay... : /

voodazz

Feedback anyone? :(

Bio-bot 9000

The clouds get lost on the creme/beige colored shirt. If you choose that color, maybe add some gray shading to better define the clouds.

obi.aris

The t-rex is hilarious. I would suggest smoothing out the curve on top of the sun. The dip is kind of sharp like a wide "V"- doesn't seem as consistent with the other curves. Funny concept tho.

voodazz

Thanks again for the crits and suggestions, especially concerning the clouds and sun!

I made a few tweaks to the latest revision, namely giving the grass a more "organic" look as well as adding a little more alarm to the t-rex's face and more joy to the sun (sadist) by just tweaking their eyes a bit. Amazing how a couple of curved lines can totally change the mood like that. :) Thanks again! Keep 'em coming if you got 'em.

voodazz

Oops... I forgot to resize the bottom right dino. Looks like he's sniffing dino butt again. :P

DElyon

Light blue and creme are really beautiful! The design is nice too!

Fredthecow

Its cute and a bit sadistic. I would wear this design :) buuut I would go for the blue shirt design-or a color that doesnt blend in with the sun. The light cream color shirt is blending in too much with the sun.

Fredthecow

on second thought I do like the cream color- it goes well with the colors you used in the design... just change the sun rays to a deeper color that will contrast with the cream tshirt color?

voodazz

I see what you mean. I'll give it a shot. Thanks!

voodazz

Another version

Bio-bot 9000

I don't like the thin outline on the clouds and sun. If you keep outlines, make them thicker to match the other outlines. I think you should go with the gray shading on the clouds, but think the shadows should be more towards the bottom of the clouds, and a bit lighter in color so they're not as "heavy". (You might also make the cloud shadows a darker shade of the shirt color to help it blend in better).

voodazz

Yeah, I'm not a big fan of the outlines myself. I like your suggestion better. Thanks!

Fredthecow

I didnt mean add outlines :) The color around the sun (the light yellow) should be a darker yellow (or even a more saturated yellow) that contrasts enough with the tshirt color.. and since you outlined the clouds I also realized the white blends in too much with the light tan color as well. I love the none outlined look going on with the landscape (sun and clouds included) but the color of tshirt presents a big problem when it comes to the light yellow and white you've chosen :)

Have you tried messing with the saturation of the yellow? I don't know what program you're using but most have a simple tool that makes playing with a colors saturation easy. Photoshop even has a handy "Color replacement" tool.

Dreamspace

The glow of the sun is a bit hard on the eyes. I think you could do subtle line work at the bottom of the cloud than the block of shade. Like the subtle highlights you have done for the mountain range. I also notice that the shadow of the Dinasours are not in the correct angle. The shadow now would be appropriate if the sun is placed vertical at the top. Really love the expressions going on their faces. And the color except the glow of the sun is great.

voodazz

Very cool advice as usual, people. I noticed that the pics were coming out a lot brighter than they're supposed to be so saved this as a jpg rather a png and now it looks a lot like it's supposed to be. Keep 'em coming!

Mantichore

can you move the front right dino (again) even more to the right, just to compare? (so he's not overlapping)

voodazz

here's the latest

voodazz

Welp, I made a couple more final changes and finally submitted it. Now we wait.

Many thanks again to everyone who for their tips and suggestions!

No account?
Join Us