Close
One second...

Hunting Season - 3.41!!! Thanks

all done guys and a pretty snappy 3.41 to show for it!
That's my second highest score on the new site and overall I think

Thanks for the votes!

Watch this
Page:
  1. 1
  2. 2
  3. 3
parallelish
parallelish profile pic Alumni

i like the bear idea, but i think the buggs reference would do better

cool design 8)

soloyo
soloyo profile pic Alumni

Awesome!

Can you make the hunter look morre like Elmer Fudd

digsy
digsy profile pic Alumni

I can do soloyo, I was worried that I would be pushing my luck looking too much like him, but I can probably definitely angle it more that way

dBranes

Dianne,

Very Good. In terms of selectability, winnability, and sellability (ok, not really words, taking artistic freedom here :-). I would go with suggestions of paralelish and soloyo.

Good Luck --db

littlem

how would it look to "flare out" the bunny feet to the sides?

RubberDuckyUrThe1
littlem said:

how would it look to "flare out" the bunny feet to the sides?

agreed. there's something off about them right now.

i also agree with a slightly more elmer fudd looking hunter.

digsy
digsy profile pic Alumni

I started with that but they shrunk back as I worked out the rest of the body - can prob give it a go again though, thanks

digsy
digsy profile pic Alumni

Thinking about adding a "rabbit season" sign to one of the trees - too much?

soloyo

Use the grass to make the space between the thumbs more realistic like this

Musarter
Musarter profile pic Alumni

Really cool image. I prefer not making the hunter look like Elmer Fud; I like your character, but that is just me. You may be able to make two eyes and a nose with three birds in formation; this may or may not work well in practice.

veciocoldobro

I really like this! I agree with the elmer fudd looking hunter and, despite what you said, I like the trees too.

digsy
digsy profile pic Alumni
soloyo said:

Use the grass to make the space between the thumbs more realistic like this

i wasn't aware he had a thumb - not intentionally anyway!

digsy
digsy profile pic Alumni

so wide feet and a more Elmery looking hunter... i can see the "thumbs" now but I haven't done anything about them yet - do I need to?

soloyo

you don't have to, it's just a suggestion LOL

pyr4lis
pyr4lis profile pic Alumni

hah nice design. now that i do see the thumbs though they're so big and long they kinda look weird and I see them every time I look at the design

digsy
digsy profile pic Alumni

Ill shorten the "thumbs" thanks Any other thoughts on the new version

soloyo

yeah, why not go for a skinnier bunny so it would look more like Bugs?

digsy
digsy profile pic Alumni

I could, but I think I want a more stand alone design, at the very least so that there's no chance of copyright issues. Ill give it a go though, tomorrow only though

CRTXR

A big bunny is cool, he reminds me a kind of Gruffalo, kind of monster-bunny ! Maybe the trees in the background should not be so tall ?

digsy
digsy profile pic Alumni

You are right, they should prob be smaller with the middle trees a little bigger maybe, thanks

littlem

i think the trees in the back can be tall, but maybe just thinner branches?

i like the feet like that! looking good!

Bio-bot 9000
Bio-bot 9000 profile pic Alumni

I feel like the Elmer Fudd silhouette doesn't make as much sense if the outline isn't Bugs Bunny. It sort of confuses and muddles the concept. Is it a Warner Bros. homage or isn't it?

goliath72
goliath72 profile pic Alumni
1 design submitted -
Bio-bot 9000 said:

I feel like the Elmer Fudd silhouette doesn't make as much sense if the outline isn't Bugs Bunny. It sort of confuses and muddles the concept. Is it a Warner Bros. homage or isn't it?

i am liking this a lot but if you wre to do elmer youd need a silhouette of bugs!

digsy
digsy profile pic Alumni

I totally agree - it either needs to go the whole hog or not at all, I just don't know which direction to take it at the mo. Thanks for the feedback

digsy
digsy profile pic Alumni

so i tried a full size bugs but he's just too tall and narrow to get a good effect with elmer in the middle, so i gave this a go instead (it's a super quick mock up)

i don't really know how i feel - it looks alright, but it's a big step away from the whole effect i was going for at the beginning so i'm having to get used to the adjustment

parallelish

i think it's good enough with the elmer silhouette and the big rabbit. don't make it too obvious

flaxenjasper

Pretty cool. If you are going for the buggs bunny reference, maybe you could put a booby trap in the scene somewhere... I don't know, just all the cartoons and stuff, there was always some slapstick stuff happening, and buggs was always ended up being the most clever. Maybe like a boulder about to drop on the hunter, one step away from being tripped by a wire. I don't know, just my opinion. If you have a moment, could you take a look at mine as well? How to Use Your Dragon

pyr4lis

Yeah this is tricky... I personally LOVE the more direct bugs bunny reference because I love bugs bunny :D Now I want to go home and see if I can dl any old bugs bunny cartoons from amazon or something! heheh

But overall as a purely artistic design I prefer the visual aesthetic of the big fat rabbit. It allows for more negative / positive space and more trees etc which in turn allows the viewer to focus more on the design as a whole.

The bugs shaped head really draws the attention. Which I personally love but may not be what you are going for.

Bio-bot 9000
Bio-bot 9000 profile pic Alumni

I like Bugs' face with Elmer, but it shouldn't be too hard to make a generic hunter for the big fat rabbit. Something like your first attempt, but more refined.

digsy
digsy profile pic Alumni

Thanks biobot - that was the next step and then I can go a comparison/vote between the two

digsy
digsy profile pic Alumni

so i haven't given u pon the bunny - bugs or otherwise, just thought I would throw a bear in to the mix

parallelish

i think the bear would work better than the rabbit if you can figure out a way for the trees to create the bear's face.

Musarter

I like this new direction and agree ^.

taggink

I like the last image maybe wit ha hint of bear face with the branches

digsy
digsy profile pic Alumni
parallelish said:

i think the bear would work better than the rabbit if you can figure out a way for the trees to create the bear's face.

cool, will give it a try, thanks do you reckon i could try other elements as well, clouds maybe - i'm kinda keen to get some white highlights in there somehow

TheInfamousBaka
TheInfamousBaka profile pic Alumni

I really like the bear too, and you can just rename it to "Hunting Season".

pyr4lis

hah the bear is nice too. I guess I'm in the minority about liking the Bug's version best. I just really like the humor of it.

anyways it's your work so do whichever version you love :D

littlem

i'm just gonna pipe in here and say do two versions. :D

digsy
digsy profile pic Alumni
littlem said:

i'm just gonna pipe in here and say do two versions. :D

i'm already thinking that :-) i reckon the bear and bugs are different enough that I could sub both no probs. some changes to trees, maybe colours too and it should be ok to do

Wharton
Wharton profile pic Alumni

I realise I'm entering the debate a little late (which can be massively annoying I realise) but I would change the front two layers of trees as they're symmetrical and its noticeable. I think the trees are a little dense too, if you could thin them out a little you could make some bear features easier of hide some animals in the branches.

Musarter
Wharton said:

I realise I'm entering the debate a little late (which can be massively annoying I realise) but I would change the front two layers of trees as they're symmetrical and its noticeable. I think the trees are a little dense too, if you could thin them out a little you could make some bear features easier of hide some animals in the branches.

Yes, yes, and yes.

digsy
digsy profile pic Alumni

thanks guys, you're both right todays plan is to work on the trees so you've chimed in at just the right time!

Wharton

Swish!

digsy
digsy profile pic Alumni

slight change in direction - i was struggling with the trees the way they were so i did this instead

digsy
digsy profile pic Alumni

bump

Wharton

I hope you don't mind me editing your work but I thought it would be quite nice if you got the bear face in there somewhere a little bit like this.

Wharton

Obviously that branch looks horrendous at the moment, but you get the idea.

digsy
digsy profile pic Alumni

i like that idea! he's a bit too smiley for the giant intimidating bear look i was going for, but you've done a good job of hinting at a face... thanks!

parallelish

yeah i think the bear should look intimidating

and more trees in the bg

littlem

i love this new direction for the bear.

Page:
  1. 1
  2. 2
  3. 3
No account?