Close
One second...

WIP: "Mole Engagement"

This is an idea that came into my mind recently.
I just started working on it so every suggestion for improvement is well accepted.
Thank you!

Latest update:

Watch this
Bio-bot 9000

it doesn't make a lot of sense. why would a mole be giving glasses instead of a ring? (yes I know moles have tiny eyes, but still.) If you can refine the idea enough so that the text isn't necessary, you should aim for that.

veciocoldobro

Thanks for the feedback! In Italy moles are always made fun of because they are blind (that's why the glasses for the marriage proposal), but now I wonder if it is like that all over the world.

One of my main problems here is I can't make the male look like he's on his knees. Also, is the texture too heavy?

Bio-bot 9000

yes, the texture is too heavy, and contrasts too much with the non-textured parts. And your lines are too rough: can you smooth out the pixelation? You should try working in a program like Illustrator or Inkscape (a free vector program similar to Illustrator)

veciocoldobro

Worked on it a bit. Tried to work in vector graphics, anyway, I'm a complete beginner for either program, but it should look a bit smoother now.

Bio-bot 9000

looks a lot better already. The moles seem awfully dark and monochromatic. You might add some pink noses and/or white highlights to brighten it up a bit. You might also put one or both of them in a mole hill, to further reinforce the concept.

veciocoldobro

The next step will be the body that is, like you say, flat and dark, I must figure out something to give the idea of the fur. The mole hill is a thought that came into my mind too, even if I'd lose the feet it would probably make the desing cuter. Anyway to try all this I'll have to do some color economy since I am already at the count of seven, maybe change and use better the background. Thank you so much for giving me all this feedback and advice, I need to learn :)

veciocoldobro

On the go update: added bellies and tails.

veciocoldobro

And another little progress, I'm done for today.

Ro1979

You could add some eyelashes and/or lipstick to the female maybe. Making the concept a little cuter.

veciocoldobro

Haven't had much time to work on this lately (since I'm just a designer for personal challenge :). Anyway, I tried to make the mole-hill as bio-bot suggested, but I can't make it work right for me. So for now I'm stuck here, do not know what I should add. Some floor shadowing maybe? Do you guys think it is still too dark?

veciocoldobro

Just had time to add a very little floor shadow, I'm not sure of it being/working right. This is slowly turning in a conversation with myself :D So I may decide to try to submit this and see how it goes.

ashtrashbigash

I would just move on to a new concept. I like your style though, maybe pose them differently or something...

veciocoldobro

Aww, I've already submitted the design, let's see how the scoring turns out. I understand that the joke is not popular in the U.S.A. or other countries besides Italy. Anyway, thank you very much, I'm learning. I'm no professional designer nor I have arts instruction, but hey, this is fun to do and try!

No account?