Close
One second...

Is my design ready? HELP!

Hey guys, I created a Threadless account just last night and I'm really keen on submitting something!
I've attached an image I spent last night and today making and I'd really appreciate some feedback and perhaps some hints on how to get people to vote for my design!

I'm looking forward to getting involved with the community as much as possible!

Thanks guys!

I have named the following image 'Naughty Thoughts'

Watch this
cafayzieg

Cool. it is beautiful. i like them.

maeshanne

Cool, but I would leave the shadow behind, that way it would look more stylized and I think better. I would also change one of the female's facial expression because now it looks copy pasted. But nice idea

Shy Ronnie
IzirAtig said:

Nice desing tho. I'd fix those shadows and male's left side of the mouth.

Thanks mate! just fixed up the mouth and shadows. I think it's ready to be submitted! Do you have any tips on the best ways to gain attention from others in the community and get them to rate my design?

Shy Ronnie
maeshanne said:

Cool, but I would leave the shadow behind, that way it would look more stylized and I think better. I would also change one of the female's facial expression because now it looks copy pasted. But nice idea

Okay, I'll change the face expression and I'll upload the image without the shadows as well when I'm done, but I reckon It looks cleaner and nicer with the shadows.

Shy Ronnie

Here is the updated version, with shadows.

And here is the updated version without the shadows. Thoughts?

X-Sight

i like it more without shadows, but you can make his look more horny by showing his tongue hanging out of his mouth

maeshanne

I agree with x-sight!

Shy Ronnie

Haha great call on the tongue idea X-Sight!

I also now actually like it better without shadows, though I added some darkened edges around the faces to give them more depth.

anybody else have some more ideas as to how this design could be improved?

veciocoldobro

I would try to add some shadowing on the rest of the shapes too, to give some body to it. Not the gradient shadowing you had before, just like you made on the faces.

taz-pie

do you want honesty, or a bunch of circle-jerk comments?

cos honestly, it is a poor idea with poor execution. it will never print.

Akaka
Akaka profile pic Alumni

Illustration skills aside I feel like the concept is borderline offensive... I mean, if you really break it down and think about it it's promoting the idea that lesbians are around to entertain male fantasies. That was probably not your intention but I want to give you a heads up that it can be interpreted like that.

taz-pie

^ EXACTLY. a shit-poor concept.

Shy Ronnie
veciocoldobro said:

I would try to add some shadowing on the rest of the shapes too, to give some body to it. Not the gradient shadowing you had before, just like you made on the faces.

How's this?

Shadyjibes
Shadyjibes profile pic Alumni

I don't mean to discourage you, but you got to accept this is a poor concept. Ignoring the fact won't help you get better. Look around this site, i'm sure you'll find what a good concept means.

Shy Ronnie
Akaka said:

Illustration skills aside I feel like the concept is borderline offensive... I mean, if you really break it down and think about it it's promoting the idea that lesbians are around to entertain male fantasies. That was probably not your intention but I want to give you a heads up that it can be interpreted like that.

Fair enough! I also had two other ideas using the same basic concept, which I have linked below. Do you think It would be worthwhile for me to pursue any of these other ideas? I mean, I understand that two of my ideas could perhaps be perceived as misogynistic...

Do you think I'm just flogging a dead horse here and I should move on to other ideas?

taz-pie

seriously. just stop.

Shy Ronnie
taz-pie said:

seriously. just stop.

Play nice sweetheart :)

Sam MacGregor

I like your latest version. I'm not crazy about the color shades, I would maybe consider the a pastel version of the blue used for the 'post comment' tab and then find a pink to complement it. FInally, I like your concept minus the drop shadow, seems a lot cleaner. Nice Job!

pyr4lis
pyr4lis profile pic Alumni

I'll be honest.. it's just not a "Threadless design". The idea is poor. I'm not trying to be mean.. I've been a part of the threadless community for over 7yrs. It's honestly just not right. The design will score poorly and probably drop early due to low voting scores.. and thats IF the design even gets accepted. At this point you're flogging a dead horse. I'd suggest you move on. Go look at the stuffTthreadless has PRINTED not just whats available to score.

pyr4lis
pyr4lis profile pic Alumni

And don't go around calling women "sweetheart" unless they're your girlfriend. If some strange guy called me that I'd break his nose and then his nuts.

Seriously "Play nice sweetheart" is such a stupidly sexist comment....

Ro1979

He's right about the "play nice " part though. People should be nicer to one another on the internet. Honesty is good and all but be constructive. Burning people doesn't help....

digsy
digsy profile pic Alumni

of the lot, the last one if the best, but even then I don't think your concept is strong enough. It's cute and all but I'd expect to find it for £5 on a shirt stall in Camden, not on Threadless. This place is one of the pinnacles of shirt design - you need to come up with something that meets those standards and doesn't look like you could buy it anywhere else.

Sorry to put your stuff down, but cruel to be kind and all. Take it in your stride, work hard on the next idea but most of all KEEP GOING! (and definitely don't call taz sweetheart!)

Vodkalyn
Ro1979 said:

He's right about the "play nice " part though. People should be nicer to one another on the internet. Honesty is good and all but be constructive. Burning people doesn't help....

Agreed. The comments he was responding to gave me pause when I first read them. Be honest, but no need to be mean and crap all over people's ideas. Sheesh.

taz-pie

I aint no sweetheart and this isn't preschool. All you ass creepers are doing this guy no favours.

Ro1979

It's not about ass creeping. If I don't like it I will say so (or not comment at all) or give pointers on how I think a design could be improved.

But you can say a design is of poor quality/ execution/ concept without calling it piss-poor or other expletives.

taz-pie

OH YEAH? well YOUR MOM.

Shy Ronnie

haha well cheers to those that have given constructive criticism, without just calling the design shit :P

And thanks for the honesty in whether you think it will be printed. There's no point in me working on a design that has no chance of being printed!

I think I will move on to something else. After all, this was only a random first idea that I threw up for the sake of getting a clue as to how things work around here!

No account?
Join Us