Close
One second...

Feedback on Monsters Inc design requested

Hi All,
Here goes for my first submission. I thought I'd re-interpret the scare door in the same vein as the graphic doors that appear during the title sequence and of course have Boo poking her head through into the Monster dimension. Then further inspiration struck and I thought why not have a front and back design and show the back view of the scare door with Mike and Sully peering into the human dimension.
How's the double-sided design received? I don't see too many. I suppose it's viewed as double the work, which, well, it kinda is.
Would appreciate any feedback...
Cheers

Watch this
Mantichore

cool, very nice design. I think the double doors might work. I would put mike lower though, because he isn't that tall

clairedepalma
Mantichore said:

cool, very nice design. I think the double doors might work. I would put mike lower though, because he isn't that tall

completely agree with this. :)

slaterock

haha, cute!

anim8rich

Fair point on Mike's positioning folks. I'd positioned him up so that he was in a different relative position to Boo (even tho she is on the other side) It's an easy enough tweak tho.

McJamie

If they're looking through two sides of the same door, wouldn't it make sense for the back side to be Boo's bedroom?

ashtrashbigash

I love everything but Boo's face. It kind of has a Japanese feel.

a17dy

it is good design, but maybe, just maybe, any a bit shadow make it waow...:)

the czar
McJamie said:

If they're looking through two sides of the same door, wouldn't it make sense for the back side to be Boo's bedroom?

This

anim8rich

Just got word that my design was declined "because we feel your idea could use a little more work to be up to standard" @McJamie and @the czar - yeah, I thought that too but that it might be difficult to convey on a t-shirt. My idea was to have the door as a stand-alone piece and show its magic portal qualities with the different views from either side. If i were to show the inside of Boo's bedroom, I think that'd work better as a separate design. @ashtrashbigash - I can't say that I've ever had that said about my work. I doubt I'm going to have to to rectify it in time for the dealine now... Bugger

No account?