Close
One second...

2013 THREADGOALS/ PRAISE Wharton

I've missed making one of these for the past couple of years, so its high time I ante up and declare my goals for 2013. I'm expecting plenty of "you go, girlfriend" comments and jazzy giffs to keep me on the straight and narrow.

Here we go:

Make the first Threadgoals thread Check

Draw jeff like one of my French girls Check

Collect one more Threadless Facebook stalker Check Annie and Jeff

2 adult prints

enter at least half the contests This is going to be next to impossible, whats going on with all the challenges?

sub 2 designs a month

break my collab virginity

submit a hand drawn illustration (scary)

Score 5,000 subs

**2.69Avg Score

357 scores
64 fives
123 ones**

**2.75Avg Score

395 scores
64 fives
130 ones**

Watch this
Page:
  1. 1
  2. 2
  3. 3
quick-brown-fox
quick-brown-fox profile pic Alumni

I think they still work. The theme wasn't explicitly stated, or at least I didn't see it until Leigh responded to Ste7en in the other blog. I guess it was implied with the pintrest and mood boards, but I thought it was Geeks verses Jocks, or science and sports. Stripes and stuff threw me a bit.

Preppy kids go yachting or boating or whatever, leaves and acorns are biology related, and autumnal.

mip1980
mip1980 profile pic Alumni

Wharton I really admire your work and it will only be a matter of time before you land those two adult prints you deserve :-)

unicorndinosaurs
unicorndinosaurs profile pic Alumni

"submit a hand drawn illustration (scary)"

Do it! I'm so terrible with computers... i hate them, they hate me, we have an understanding. At some point in the future I would love to collab with someone who's more compooter savvy. I'll handle the pencils lol

TheInfamousBaka
TheInfamousBaka profile pic Alumni
Wharton said:

Celebrity endorsement by Eric Fan, doesn't get much better than that.

I like the patterns too, but according to the select thread designs have to conform to a college/ school theme (I basically didn't read the brief), so not sure if these really work.

College/school theme? Guess I should pay attention to that thread because there goes my ideas out the window. Yours are really great and I think fit well enough. :-)

Wharton
Wharton profile pic Alumni

Thanks guys, wow this is turning into a gushy Threadgoals/ praise Wharton blog.

QBF. I'm glad you think they're ok, you seem to be dominating things over at the Select blog. I'm really digging your subs for the challenge. How come you didn't sign up for the Threadwars?

mip1980. Thanks man, thats really kind of you. I'm going for all out total scatter gun strategy this year, just pebble dash Threadless with as many and as varied subs as possible.

unicorndinosaurs. I reluctantly came over to computers about 7 years ago and now its pretty much all I do. I always start with preliminary sketches, but the bulk is Mac work. You should just check out some Youtube tutorials and ease yourself into it, you'll be hooked I'm sure.

Baka. I could sit and trade compliments with you all day. *Sigh.

jeffreyg
jeffreyg profile pic Staff

you're alright. i like you

do you like me?

[ ] yes

[ ] no

quick-brown-fox
Wharton said:

How come you didn't sign up for the Threadwars?

<

Pressure. I never know when I'll get an idea, or the time to do it or something I'm confident that I'll be able to do. I tend to avoid anything that feels too much like work.

Wharton

Jeff. You're a narcotic, I can never get enough, I just want to chop you into dust and rub you on my gums.

QBF. Really? But you're Mr Prolific, I like to imagine you as a Clairvoyant or Shaman channel ideas morning noon and night, tower blocks of notebooks and journals crammed full of concepts. Don't tell me you're a lazy scroat, hollyoaks watcher.

littlem

incredibly edible!

the patterns. THE PATTERNS, you nincompoop!

quick-brown-fox

Most of my ideas start as doodles on the back of beermats and anything else near by, but many of them get put to one side because I'm not so good at drawing. I mean I can draw, but it takes way too long.

Hollyoaks brings shame on my county. It's never been the same since Jambo left and started flogging funky pigeon cards.

Wharton

Dribble? Nope, I've started far too many online profiles I can barely juggle what I have now. Its like Behance right?

gebe
gebe profile pic Alumni
Wharton said:

Dribble? Nope, I've started far too many online profiles I can barely juggle what I have now. Its like Behance right?

Yes, but with a restriction, you need an invite for upload your works! I got no invite to give by now, but you could be a potential one of those I could invite when it's possible. Forgive my english ._.

jeffreyg

I just saw a TinTin/Adventure Time mashup in scoring and thought of ya lol

Ian-S
Ian-S profile pic Alumni

Well it beats the hell out my 2013 goals. All I've got so far is make and eat a really really really big sandwich. I haven't got round to it yet and now I'm starting to the as goals go I'm selling myself short. Mmm. Anyway, good luck.

Ian-S
Ian-S profile pic Alumni

"I'm starting to think as goals go I'm selling myself short." I need to proof read more!

Wharton

Jeff. Yeah I saw the mash-up its a good one. I'd rather not anger the Herge gods though.

Ian. Its never too late to upgrade your goals.

Musarter
Musarter profile pic Alumni

Your Select patterns look dope.

My Threadgoal is to get more people to see my art. Any print would be nice but I will not make a goal that I have little to no control over.

ir0cko
ir0cko profile pic Alumni

Annie and Jeff know everything that happens on fb. They're always watching. ALWAYS...

littlem

i don't worship false gods.

unless you bribe me

littlem
ir0cko said:

Annie and Jeff know everything that happens on fb. They're always watching. ALWAYS...

i

hahah i'd better change my settings again, to include everyones' posts that i've deleted off my news feed. lolol

jeffreyg
ir0cko said:

i dont even have a facebook!

jeffreyg
ir0cko said:

i dont even have a facebook!

Twiggyhall

lol @ updated Wharton avatart

Wharton

Twiglet. I'm woking on having a hundred headed avatar, full of perverts.

Rick. Thanks man, wheres your latest sub? I signed up to your charity whatsit the other day. My girlfriend has a load of friends that work for a whole bunch of charities I'm going to get her to try and sign them up.

Mr Morkki. I hear tell he's an enigma wrapped up in an enema, smoothered in Jeff and consumed by littlem. He's pretty gross.

littlem

oh my aching ballz

Twiggyhall

Mr Morkki. I hear tell he's an enigma wrapped up in an enema, smoothered in Jeff and consumed by littlem. He's pretty gross.

creamy or chunky Jeff???

fightstacy
fightstacy profile pic Alumni

cool goals brod. I might borrow your 'sub a hand drawn thing' for my current threadgoal list.

littlem

infinitely foxy

littlem

the DESIGN, you ninny

Ian-S
Ian-S profile pic Alumni

The new sub looks good man!

Wharton

Hey Rick, Yeah I'm still chasing my girlfriend on that (nightmare).

Off to the approval lords.

ThePaperCrane
ThePaperCrane profile pic Alumni

Oh man I love ping pong! Really great job Chris. You are not very good at chasing girls then?

Working on redesigning the homepage and completing the jobs/volunteers section at the mo so should be some cool changes coming. Then its marketing and securing some partnerships next...

Wharton

Rick. Me and girls? Disaster, I mean you're aware of littlem right? It seems like your facebook page is building momentum, lots of activity.

Wharton
mechanicalrobotpower said:

So much display of the Ski I L L Z's up in this Bpiece.

No dude, YOU'RE awesome.

soloyo
soloyo profile pic Alumni

break my collab virginity.

About that collab, sent me an e-mail would you?

Page:
  1. 1
  2. 2
  3. 3
No account?
Join Us