First Try at Submitting, NEED Advice!!!!

I am working a few different designs for threadless, I need to critiques to know if my stuff is "up to snuff" and whether or not I should add more. Any help is MUCH appreciated!

Watch this
ashtrashbigash

I'm thinking maybe its too understated.... IDK

jeffreyg
jeffreyg profile pic Alumni

its looking a bit flat at the moment... the flatness is taking away from the movement of the flowers.. and right now im not sure ur little watercolor brushes are adding anything..

ashtrashbigash

any tips? Should I make it just one bigger leaf? and go in and add color in the spaces?

Sam MacGregor

I think the color selection is really nice. What if you tried lightening the leaves, the black color kinda muddies up the nice watercolors. I think that white instead of black leaves might work, but they may get lost in the yellow. If so, try a sage green or maybe grey. Nice job.

NOTBlowingSmoke

i'm actually kind of a fan of the watercolor look. and i do like your style. my advise would be to increase the size of the designs so the small details don't get lost.

but my main concern is that this design doesn't have a concept of any kind, and is a little bit boring just on its own. it needs a focal point, something more dramatic.

also don't put it on a white shirt. ick.

digsy
digsy profile pic Alumni
RubberDuckyUrThe1 said:

but my main concern is that this design doesn't have a concept of any kind, and is a little bit boring just on its own. it needs a focal point, something more dramatic.

this, it looks nice enough but it needs a point i like the new colours btw

ashtrashbigash

okay... hmmm. What about a type of color wheel with leaves

NOTBlowingSmoke

not a huge fan of the "color wheel."

i like the yellow version you did a lot, it shows the details much better.

talk it out. that usually helps. what were you thinking when you made this? what was your goal?

Tom Henderson

I like these, though perhaps the lines are a bit too thick in some places within the leaves, let some more of that colour and texture be seen, and maybe leave thicker lines to the edge of the leaf?

No account?
Join Us