Close
One second...

Pixel Design Critique Please

So... I couldn't resist doing it in the middle of the night having to study for an exam tomorrow. Those nostalgic early games were so addictive, sigh.

I guess the title could be "Move that paddle, babe". Any improvements highly appreciated.

I am hesitant about a couple of things. Please help me out.

1) Aren't numbers of score too big and fat? Should I make the score incrementing by one or by 15 like in field tennis? Should the hot chick be losing at the moment?

2) How do you like Mario-styled human? I feel like the ball is too big for her, but just the right size for the paddle. And if I make the gal bigger, she would take up most of her half of the field. I also considered Sword and Sworcery-styled humans as they are thinner

3) Should I add mark-up like tennis fields have?

Watch this
Theo86
1 design submitted - Score now!

I like it, I do think the tennis ball might be a tad too big for the racket, Have you thought about trying with a green background? The blur u have going for the ball looks perfect.

Bio-bot 9000

I think the way you drew the girl is fine. And the scoring looks fine too. You should consider how this would look on a shirt: sometimes boxes or rectangles make a design look 'artificial', but since your whole design is pixely it may work.

dudeowl

What Bio-bot 9000 said. The concept for the pixel art is good, but you must consider how this wearable or not! Imho

Dreamspace
Bio-bot 9000 said:

I think the way you drew the girl is fine. And the scoring looks fine too. You should consider how this would look on a shirt: sometimes boxes or rectangles make a design look 'artificial', but since your whole design is pixely it may work.

tatyana.skripnikova

Thanks for the idea, Theo86! I'll try moving this to green background and see if it will work on green or black tee. If it's not wearable, I'll use it somewhere else.

I didn't stop fixing the ball until I thought it was good enough. I feel like every single pixel matters when it comes to the pixel art, even if the whole pic is big enough. And that's why the girl is just recognizable, it's not a direct hit.

tatyana.skripnikova

Thanks everyone for your comments, I'll come back with some improvements in a couple of days! Gotta study for exam tomorrow.

No account?