Close
One second...

Guess who got laid off?

It's me. I did. Maybe you did too but this blog is about me. I got the phone call while on my vacation, Merry Christmas, btw. Laid off with a possibility of a call back in 3 months. The laid off the whole department though... so It wasn't just me. Fun times... Suppose its time to search for something new and better with the sexy co-workers.

In the mean time, I suppose this gives me much more time to do designs. Which is good for me and bad for Threadless and the t-shirt community.

Watch this
littlem

:(

littlem

good things will come from this. don't worry.

Haragos
Haragos profile pic Alumni

Will I get superpowers? I want superpowers!

littlem

i hope so!

Twiggyhall

Boo hiss to holiday lay-offs :(

BeanePod
BeanePod profile pic Alumni
8 designs submitted - Score now!

damn, that sucks dude :( here's to finding something better.

we all need to find a way to get paid doing goofy shit....that doesn't involve clown shoes.

littlem

what's wrong with clown shoes??

moosabman
moosabman profile pic Alumni

Sorry to hear that man. But hey, at least you got skills, maybe take whatever package they gave you and make a run at freelance? join the local AIGA network and go pro. I BELIEVE IN YOUUUUU

pyr4lis
pyr4lis profile pic Alumni

That sucks! I'm sorry :( and such a shitty time of year to spring that kind of news on people. I've been there though (the being laid off before christmas thing) and you'll get through it.. sometimes things are hard but you just have to keep trying! You're an really talented guy so I'm sure something better is out there for you! With sexy co-workers even! ;)

Haragos

pyr4lis
pyr4lis profile pic Alumni

Here have a cheesy motivational kitten :)

Haragos

I hope bone soup tastes good

BeanePod
BeanePod profile pic Alumni
8 designs submitted - Score now!

that eew was intended for those awful clown shoes

Twiggyhall

Well they're some sad things known to man But ain't too much sadder than The shoes of a clown When there's no one around

Bio-bot 9000
Bio-bot 9000 profile pic Alumni

The title of this blog is good news until the last word. I hope you find work soon.

Twiggyhall

Bwahahaha Sam

Haragos

I know how to title my blogs

Manupix

Man that sucks. Thinking of freelancing?

Also, I might or might not suggest an appropriate response.

jeffreyg
jeffreyg profile pic Staff

dang, sorry to hear phil. hope things work out

Haragos

I'll survive. Thanks for the support though.

soloyo
soloyo profile pic Alumni

Damn, layoff during the holidays, what a bunch of jerks you were working for!

RubberDuckyUrThe1

I got laid off in August (and by laid off I mean my job was literally so awful I laid myself off) and have been freelancing and searching since. So I feel ya. If it hadn't been for that though I wouldn't have discovered the Threadless community and developed a passion for improving my stuff!

RubberDuckyUrThe1

Moral of the story... Something good will come of this. :)

Haragos

Hopefully cake

Thomas Orrow

Aw, sheesh that sucks. Not cake though, that's usually good unless it's a boring sponge cake or something. Good luck with the job hunt.

Thomas Orrow

Ugh......It seems mean spirited to end people's work around this time of year. Hopefully you'll get some nice cake out of this situation somehow.

nickv47
nickv47 profile pic Alumni
1 design submitted -

Yeah, holiday layoffs are the lowest of the low. I'd find work elsewhere. Good luck sir! Creative staffing agencies are a good way to find work. Just a thought.

Dreamspace

Damn if you really liked the job. Glad if you didn't like it much. Hey what the hell get more designs in and get few more printed :-)

No account?