Close
One second...

Need your advice on declined submission

Hi guys, I am quite new to Threadless and so far I have only 2 submission, which were declined, 1st in Spider-man challenge and this time in Iron Man challenge.

I was advised that my design this time is not up to standard, and unfortunately I am not able to resubmit my design as I was only informed after the deadline, of course that is because I submitted my work 2 days before the deadline and Threadless needs time to response.

So guys, I really can use your critic/suggestion so that I dont get declined for 3rd time, I need to know what is at fault and what can be improved (too complicated/too plain/too lousy/etc)

Thanks in advance!

Iron Man

Watch this
Manupix
  • no clear concept

• looks like a nazi salute

• boxy design (a teeshirt isn't a square canvas)

• poor execution: inconsistent lines, impossible anatomy, clipart-looking copy-pasted silhouettes.

Sorry :(

moosabman
moosabman profile pic Alumni
Manupix said:

looks like a nazi salute

^ this
kuang3

hey, manupix, pls dont be :)

I also noticed that it can be easily linked to Hitler's well known gesture (just came across such photo today), my initial intention was to show off Iron Man's repulsor arm, guess I chosen a wrong way to represent it.

inconsistent lines= do you mean the drawing on the Iron Man figure? impossible anatomy= the posture of Iron Man? silhouettes= I have to admit it is copy-off-the-internet-and-filled-in-black

Noted on the shortcoming of boxy design.

whereas for no clear concept and poor execution, I got nothing to say except to blame it on my skill and ability.

Thanks!

kuang3
moosabman said:
Manupix said:

looks like a nazi salute

Hey, moosabman, noted with thanks! :)
Manupix

inconsistent lines= do you mean the drawing on the Iron Man figure?

Yes, the lines of the head are thinner, as if you had drawn it larger then downsized it.

impossible anatomy= the posture of Iron Man?

His forearm attaches directly to the shoulder. Other things look wrong but I can't pinpoint them, not good enough myself ;)

silhouettes= I have to admit it is copy-off-the-internet-and-filled-in-black

Booooo! :(

kuang3

silhouettes= I have to admit it is copy-off-the-internet-and-filled-in-black

Booooo! :(

haha, will take note of that!

octootco

Yeah you can't just take stuff off the internet and paste them in to a design. It's plagiarism, and it could have been one of the reasons why threadless declined it. It's illegal! Someone somewhere has the rights to those original photos/drawings.

kuang3
octootco said:

Yeah you can't just take stuff off the internet and paste them in to a design. It's plagiarism, and it could have been one of the reasons why threadless declined it. It's illegal! Someone somewhere has the rights to those original photos/drawings.

yup, I am aware about that.

I didnt really copy entirely though, I mean it is not a simple copy and paste.

e.g. the patriot tank (what it is known in Red Alert game), I combine the image of patriot missile launcher with a truck

but I do get ur point, thanks for the heads up!

No account?
Join Us