Close
One second...

Threadless ruined our Christmas!

I placed an order on 12/16 and paid $32.00 for 2 day shipping. I just found out I will not receive my order until 12/26 10 days after the order was placed. By that date the people half of the presents are intended will be half way across the US so I will have to pay more money to have them shipped again. This also means no one will receive a present from me on Christmas. I will never order from here again.

Watch this
EZFL
EZFL profile pic Alumni

buy shirts from online shop ups / usps shipping issues blame online shop

palebluestar

You could always e-mail a picture of their shirt or something....

purelily1

I am sure my son will look real nice wearing a picture. My brother probably get a kick of his girlfriend taping a picture to her chest. Probably won’t cover all of her boobs though. There is still the fact I will have to pay for the stuff to be shipped again.

craquehaus

From the FAQ: "Please check the processing time estimated in your email confirmation to determine when your order will ship."

When you made your order, what was the processing time?

palebluestar

Oh, I'm sorry, I thought you would understand that I didn't expect any of your friends/family to wear the picture. One of my gifts for my boyfriend is coming late, and so he can open something regarding it on Christmas day, I'm printing him a picture. I'll be sure to elaborate more next time. You were, after all, complaining about the fact that people wouldn't have anything to open....

And jeez, chill out. I'm not your slow delivery person.

purelily1

It was supposed to ship in 1-3 days. I expected it to arrive on Friday at the latest. I also checked the website before I bought everything to make sure I would get it on time.

craquehaus

If it was supposed to be sent in 3 days max and it didn't ship when it supposed to, there's no defending Threadless on this one, kids.

Did you send an email to Customer Service? They're really good at what they do. I'm sure they'll set things right for you.

purelily1

The office is closed till the 26th.

Wharton
Wharton profile pic Alumni

Everyone at Threadless seems solid GOLD. Its no business' intention to upset customers or disappoint them, its counter productive. I understand that as a customer its frustrating especially at this time of year, but I'm sure they did their best and for all we know it could be the courier. Its not ideal but like palebluestar said you can always print out a preview which isn't the same but I've had it happen to me before.

purelily1

UPS didn't receive the package till 6:28 p.m. on Friday. 2 business days from that date is the 26th. Not their fault.

Wharton
Wharton profile pic Alumni

^Checkmate. Break out the fiery brands and pitch forks, lets march on castle Threadless.

the czar

Was it for the made to order items like the Toy Story shirts? I placed an order for standard shirts on the 20th and they shipped the same day. The made to order shirts are just estimated for when they can ship. They do have to get better with estimates and notifications though. You placed that so early you should expect to get it. If I have the tracking number call UPS and see if they can do an intercept and upgrade the shipping. May cost but at least you will have your stuff. Also, UPS will often deliver 2 day packaged in 1 day if they pick it up on a Friday.

purelily1

As far as I know the only thing that was custom was the print for my mother and it hasn't shipped yet. How can I tell?

spacesick
spacesick profile pic Alumni

it's okay to be upset, purelily. I would be upset too.

if it's any consolation, Threadless may give you a refund or something when they come back to the office. They're very friendly and helpful peeps.

purelily1

I already called UPS to see if they could change the shipping and they said it was not possible. I even tried to pay to change it to overnight shipping. They said it is in a container and they have no way of pulling it. Unfortunately everyone in shipping is off for the weekend and it has been in Indianapolis since 6 this morning and will stay there till Monday.

jeffreyg
jeffreyg profile pic Alumni
spacesick said:

it's okay to be upset, purelily. I would be upset too.

if it's any consolation, Threadless may give you a refund or something when they come back to the office. They're very friendly and helpful peeps.

opifan64
opifan64 profile pic Alumni

You are justified in feeling upset but don't let it ruin your Christmas. Life is too short and there are more important things.

ChrisDB

Sorry to hear that. But don't write off threadless. I'm all the way in Trinidad and I always get my stuff on time.

Sarcasticatbest

My second last order came on time, my last one arrived 6 days late and I had to pay duty. It's Christmas time, post offices and sorting locations are crazy busy with everyone's last minute everything.

It sucks that family and friends aren't going to get presents on time and it will cost you extra money but once the stuff leaves Threadless it's then in the hands of the postal systems they deal with. Focus on the fact that you get to spend Christmas together and everyone is healthy. If they aren't understanding, that is not something any of us can help you with.

bottleHeD

I think Threadless can try implementing something like what Amazon does, mentioning possible delivery dates during the holiday seasons.

YaaH
YaaH profile pic Alumni

Now you learned, next year you will find another ways to gift someone on time.

[+duracell-]

You can still celebrate the birth of your lord and savor.
If not then perhaps Threadless ruined your winter solstice or whatever it is you do celebrate, heathen. That sucks. You could always buy something else though, like in a store, and return the tees when you get them.

purelily1

I just checked the tracking to see where my package was because I have still not received it and I found out that Threadless requested UPS to do an intercept. The package made it all of the way to my town but now is going back to Chicago. I wanted the shipping at least refunded not to return the whole order. I found out my sister in law ordered a shirt from here on the 18th and received the order on the 21st. She didn't even get the 2 day shipping! This whole thing just keeps getting worse and worse and Threadless still hasn't contacted me. I just don't believe this...

purelily1

I will be looking forward to hearing from you. Thank you in advance for your help.

jmeaspls
jmeaspls profile pic Alumni

purelily, Tless has one of the best customer service departments ever. i'm serious, no exaggeration here. the whole company is basically a customer service department. last I heard they try to keep as many jobs unrelated to improving customer experience external, so that in the offices they can focus on what's important (psst, that's you and I; the community)

it sounds like you placed one order a few days before the biggest shopping season of the year, experienced issues, and wrote off the company. at least, this is what i gather from your resolute conclusion to your opening post: "I will never order from here again." if you check back up on this blog -- maybe after you've calmed down a little -- i implore you to reconsider. there's no denying that you've had a bad experience, but it was certainly a fluke.

yeah so I'm not sure why I'm asking you to rethink your decision, really. in my experience with them, any issue (however small) has been handled excellently. and other users, like you, don't uncommonly post their blogs on problems that come up. from what i've read, Tless' handling of those problems has been pretty outstanding given the scope of the operation they run.

I guess I'm just trying to tell you that you'll be hard-pressed to find a business that offers better customer service than Tless. from my experience they definitely get a 10/10 in that department!

their shirts, though, ehhh. they're okay i guess.

jmeaspls
jmeaspls profile pic Alumni

just kidding about the shirts.

No account?
Join Us