Close
One second...

Feedback for different designs!

Hi! It would be awesome to try and submit a design, but I would like to hear what you think first!
I have a few options already, especially the three different historical cats since they are finished. There is also one with Ponyo and one with MJ. What do you think?
Which should I go for first?

/ Linda

Watch this
dBranes

Linda,

Good work. Observations, comments, and suggestions:

1. The first cat. I'm not sure what you're trying to say here. What is that little box under the cat? Its not clear. Maybe the box should be bigger?

2. Love the second cat! Sooooooo cute. Would be nice on kids/baby wear.

3. The third cat. Is this for Halloween? I might suggest a lighter moon to give it better contrast with the other items in the design. Maybe a silvery full moon?

4. In the lady design, her hand is translucent. Not sure why? If this is Mother Mary, perhaps she should be all translucent. Maybe a title would help.

5. Jacko, Excellent! Maybe a full body design?

Community please comment, what do you think?

Excellent work!

Good luck

--db

Disclaimer: I'm no expert, all comments are from the heart. I'm here to learn and grow as an artist/designer as I hope your are.

octootco

I think your style is better suited for the animals, those ones all look better to me. Perhaps because they're finished ;P I would try giving your egypitian and japanese cat a backgound, doesn't have to be complicated. Maybe like a circle in a complimentary color with some more hieroglyphs/ japanese text or flowers. They're both cute, I just think they need something to make them pop a little more :) Nice work though!

octootco

I think your style is better suited for the animals, those ones all look better to me. Perhaps because they're finished ;P I would try giving your egypitian and japanese cat a backgound, doesn't have to be complicated. Maybe like a circle in a complimentary color with some more hieroglyphs/ japanese text or flowers. They're both cute, I just think they need something to make them pop a little more :) Nice work though!

Athiraa

Thanks for the comments!

The text underneath the egyptian cat is hieroglyphs saying "Bastet", the name of the cat goddess. The see-through hand in the Ponyo picture is because she is made of water.

Could the colors chosen behind the cats be a good choice? Or should I have, as you say, a circle or something?

Athiraa

Then I guess I should go for the maneki neko first? :)

No account?
Join Us