One second...

Medicinal Marijuana Finished scoring 2.86 Thanks

Collab with V. Calahan

Update 1/4/2013

version 1 outline banner

version 2 colored banner

Hi

Once again I need your help.

I have benn working with Victor Calahan on my idea for the illustration of Medical Marijuana
we started by wanting to do a design that wasn't too cartoonish and this idea of medical marijuana seemed to be perfect for a more graphic illustration.

As of now we have two choice to make and we cannot seem to make up our minds on which is the best way to finish this up

VERSION 1
a doctor (medical marijuana) with the leaf forming the head and hands

VERSION 2
A doctor with a regular face ( hands made up of either leaves or roll up marijuana leaves) the hair will be either as leaves or the mash up stuff, the skin of the doctor would have teh texture of the leaves.

This is how we feel about it right now:

Version 1 is easier to read ( it send the message across, straight to the point)

Version 2 seems more wear friendly, might need a few second to be understood but it might also be something that won't make you feel to uneasy while wearing it..
We would love to hear your comments, opinions or ideas for improvements. Thanks

update 1/2/2013

v.calahan on Jan. 2, 2013 at 15:48:06
Ok pals, so here's the latest update. Still got some detail stuff to do on the character n' all but we are close from closing this one. Btw thx to Ragzy & Jordan who's ideas pointed to the vintage add/label (I luv those) idea. YET… We are still working on a good baseline for the lower banner. Sorta like "Hemp & Sons established since ???" "Doctor's Choice or recommended by doctors in 18 states", "Can & Abis Company…" And, Would it be smart to add (in tiny letters) the full list of states where medicinal m. is ok? If anyone comes up with a great baseline/slogan he'll get a free shirt!! ( as long as this 1. : goes through and is accepted and 2. : it gets printed! :P ) Ragzy n' Jordan, are in for a free one as well

Also, my other WIP for Clowns have big shoes to fill

Watch this
Page:
  1. 1
  2. 2
  3. 3
  4. 4
PeculiarTiffany
PeculiarTiffany profile pic Alumni

I really like the first version, it communicates the idea a lot more clearly.

halfgotten
halfgotten profile pic Alumni

badass doctor version 2!

v_calahan
v_calahan profile pic Alumni

V1 : 1 - V2 : 1 tight score! Thx guys

soloyo
soloyo profile pic Alumni

back to square one LOL

samalope

i like first version , but what if more simple, only marijuana leaves with eyes and stethoscope I think it can represent a doctor :D

v_calahan

mmm… I'm not against that, could do, but would threadless go with that, not that the message would be very different?… V1 : 1,5 - V2 :1

Musarter
Musarter profile pic Alumni

I also like the first version but I don't know if I would, personally speaking, wear an obvious pot leaf on my chest. That said, I think the character looks really cool. I might make him holding a joint instead of having a thumbs up if I were to push the concept further.

speakerine
speakerine profile pic Alumni
1 design submitted -

Ahahha V 1!!

samalope

you are right .. may be unclear, because it does not use regular doctor clothes, so there is the possibility doubt a good or bad doctr, but interesting :D :D

soloyo
Musarter said:

I also like the first version but I don't know if I would, personally speaking, wear an obvious pot leaf on my chest. That said, I think the character looks really cool. I might make him holding a joint instead of having a thumbs up if I were to push the concept further.

That's what I am worry about, The point is not only to make something cool but actually something cool That people WILL Wear, not to mention something Threadless would actually print.

parallelish
parallelish profile pic Alumni

i think the 2nd would work best.

and title it Dr. O (pot heads will get it)

v_calahan

Yep, true enough, every subject related to pot is touchy, we could do Dr. Ginger or Dr. Garlic then? ;P

v_calahan

Agreed that the human leaf textured face would be an easier sell… Maybe the leaf hands would also be redundant, just regular hands with same texture than the face? I like the idea of him holding a (medical) spliff, would look better but again maybe too ambiguous?

parallelish
parallelish profile pic Alumni

i feel like medical marijuana is topical and in the news enough nowadays for it to be not so touchy of a subject.

and besides who cares, design whatever you guys wanna design.

that being said, i feel like the chances of something like this printing here aren't very high, but... FUCK IT 8)

v_calahan

We'll sell it to High Times then…

jeffreyg
jeffreyg profile pic Staff

prob not printable here

filgouvea
filgouvea profile pic Alumni
1 design submitted -

Yeah, I prefer version one but I don't know if they would print something with a huge pot leaf on it. I think in the submission terms they say "no drugs". But they printed my design with a few discreet pot leafs on it. Who knows?

soloyo

Yeah, I wish the Threadstaff would give me some opinions

soloyo

soloyo

. . .

soloyo
filgouvea said:

Yeah, I prefer version one but I don't know if they would print something with a huge pot leaf on it. I think in the submission terms they say "no drugs". But they printed my design with a few discreet pot leafs on it. Who knows?

Is not a drug !!! It's Medicine ;-)

v_calahan

Let's do something about herbal tea then!

v_calahan

mind you…

craquehaus

Version one. I dont think Threadless would go for this but for sure someone else would.

filgouvea
filgouvea profile pic Alumni
1 design submitted -

That little bud coming out of the leaf anomalie is just too cool!

Bio-bot 9000
Bio-bot 9000 profile pic Alumni

Version 1 is better.

And just go for it here. Weed is now legal in Washington and Colorado, and is pretty casual (so I hear) in California. Sometimes edgy, topical stuff is just what's needed. good luck.

soloyo

Fuck, let's sub both versions, Threadless can decide which one to print.

AlanBao
AlanBao profile pic Alumni

I prefer #1. Go for it either way, worst that can happen is it doesn't get printed - and even then you could do a run at shirt-a-day sites like Qwertee and stuff.

StevenLefcourt

also, I dont even like how version 2 looks...version 1 is appealing and id wear it

soloyo
StevenLefcourt said:

also, I dont even like how version 2 looks...version 1 is appealing and id wear it

It's a sketch , but I understand your preference. You are not the only one , Thanks

eQuivalent
eQuivalent profile pic Alumni

V1 yess

Jordan_Bender
Jordan_Bender profile pic Alumni

V1. And if this printed, my husband and I would both wear it, and also all of our friends.

soloyo

THANKS ^

v_calahan

Then it'll be V1 for the for the worse for the better! Back to work…

soloyo
v.calahan said:

Then it'll be V1 for the for the worse for the better! Back to work…

V1 it is

soloyo

X-mas bump

opifan64
opifan64 profile pic Alumni

V1 for sure. If you're going to go with a concept better to go all the way than water the idea down

ragzy

I was hoping the shirt was going to be an old school advertisement like a snake oil cure-all elixer traveling salesman

Jordan_Bender
Jordan_Bender profile pic Alumni

LOL or a vintage "All doctors recommend marijuana" like those old cigarette ads... but better.

soloyo

Thanks for your suggestions

soloyo

Work in progress

v_calahan

yep…

thomas callahan

Version 1 ALL OR NOTHIN (also It look's a lot better)

soloyo

Let's just hope it doesn't get declined

kimkong1014
kimkong1014 profile pic Alumni

V1 if you can work on the details more. :-)

v_calahan

These were just basic line work… no worry… :) as Nestor said, just hoping the final version won't get declined…

v_calahan

Ok pals, so here's the latest update. Still got some detail stuff to do on the character n' all but we are close from closing this one. Btw thx to Ragzy & Jordan who's ideas pointed to the vintage add/label (I luv those) idea. YET… We are still working on a good baseline for the lower banner. Sorta like "Hemp & Sons established since ???" "Doctor's Choice or recommended by doctors in 18 states", "Can & Abis Company…" And, Would it be smart to add (in tiny letters) the full list of states where medicinal m. is ok? If anyone comes up with a great baseline/slogan he'll get a free shirt!! ( as long as this 1. : goes through and is accepted and 2. : it gets printed! :P ) Ragzy n' Jordan, are in for a free one as well

Page:
  1. 1
  2. 2
  3. 3
  4. 4
No account?
Join Us