Yay, this is up for voting!
Click the image to vote please

Watch this
Page:
  1. 1
  2. 2
  3. 3
Manupix

Better =) He's probably holding the helmet/himself in too casual a way. I'd see him awed by the place he finds himself in, 2001-way. Also he might be almost all shadow/negative space, except his face and a few highlights. Needs a (dark) reflection in the water too. Looks weird where legs join the water.

Manupix

Also trees are probably not necessary.

octootco

These changes are great. I feel like people can connect with your character in a deeper way!

pyr4lis
pyr4lis profile pic Alumni

I do like the vibrant coloring in the original. My comment about colors before was not about muting the colors.. just more of the purple at the bottom (I really find those colors appealing)

I also like the helmet off.

Too bad Rachel didn't like the umbrella dude. I personally like him better than the astronaut. But that's just personal opinion.

I do like where it is at now though. Just tweak the brightness of the colors back to original.

littlem

I say sub both versions in different color ways. How do you like dem apples???

digsy
digsy profile pic Alumni

Interesting you say that littlem... I was wondering whether this was better suited to dbh maybe, was considering throwing the original there if I couldn't figure the changes out

digsy
digsy profile pic Alumni

Interesting you say that littlem... I was wondering whether this was better suited to dbh maybe, was considering throwing the original there if I couldn't figure the changes out

littlem

I wasn't even thinking of the other site but whatever you think is best, go for it!

digsy
digsy profile pic Alumni

No I know, it's just interesting you say sub both when I was thinking about how best to sub this anyway

littlem

Follow your gut. And good luck!

digsy
digsy profile pic Alumni

so i've changed the colour back and put as much shadow into the astro as i can... i've also redone dude with an umbrella although i'm not sure if that good enough - do you think rachel didn't like that dude, or is just sick of guys with umbrellas???

anyway, here they both are - there's definitely a simplicity in the original that the astronaut is missing but i don't really know which would be better to sub

Manupix

I just noticed, you picked a very special photo of the Moon. You might want to make sure you use a public domain image ;)

I think Rachel is just sick of guys with umbrellas.

digsy
digsy profile pic Alumni

i thought i had used a creative commons image - i definitely downloaded a bunch for this purpose - i'll double check though, thanks for pointing that out!

digsy
digsy profile pic Alumni
RubberDuckyUrThe1 said:

Honestly... I prefer the original umbrella man...

Manupix said:

I think Rachel is just sick of guys with umbrellas.

this is what concerns me slightly - i think i'm making an inferior image because i don't think the original is going to get past threadstaff no matter how well it does... which is why i thought maybe i should be subbing it elsewhere. i don't want to but i also want to give myself the best shot....

NOTBlowingSmoke

well worst case scenario you can always submit to other sites after 90 days, right?

i think you should just go for umbrella man.

littlem

Stop for a minute. Listen to many pix regarding the moon first.

Then take what you like the most and go for it. If it doesn't get through, then you move on from there. I really think you can trust your heart here.

littlem

Stupid phone! *Manupix not many pix. Haha

digsy
digsy profile pic Alumni

ok, so this is where I'm at:

• I've fixed the moon - thanks for that Manupix, i thought I had used a CC image, but I had actually got them confused and used one I shouldn't! I appreciate the heads up. It looks a little different but I like it none the less
  • I by far like umbrella man over astronaut, although I'm presonally not fussed which one, would appreciate opinions.
  • I'm certainly in the minority, but if I'm going astro, I personally prefer him with a helmet. I don't know why, i think I like the anonymity of it as opposed to a face, regardless how shadowed it is

Anyway, here's the latest moon with all four versions - thoughts/opinions welcomed.

A - original

B - new umbrella dude

C - astronaut with helmet

D - Astronaut without helmet

digsy
digsy profile pic Alumni

i didn't think the trees worked with the new moon and the rain should be there, it is in the newer guy anyway, i may have forgotten to add it to the original dude.

This photoshop file is getting out of control!

digsy
digsy profile pic Alumni

yeah, it is a lot subtler, i could probably make it denser if i decided to go with an umbrella guy, thanks

littlem

I like original umbrella guy, original colours. And astronaut with helmet, subtle colours. Am I completely confusing you?? ;)

digsy
digsy profile pic Alumni

not at all, littlem, i appreciate the feedback, especially as i'm in full agreement with you! Not certain about the lighter colour on the astro, but i'm not certain about anything at the moment!

bzyglowi

I like version A the best. I don't know anything about how frequent a theme the umbrella guy might be on Threadless, but I think that one has the best overall design. It's mysterious and intriguing.

littlem

they're ready, dianne. doooo itttttt. you know what to doooooo! haha :p

digsy
digsy profile pic Alumni

Ha, I appreciate the vote of confidence littlem but really, I have no idea what to do!

digsy
digsy profile pic Alumni

Any other thoughts? The consensus seems to be A but when thread staff say they don't like something it seems foolish to push it through anyway :-s

dBranes

Dianne,

Nice design. Suggestion: What about an image of a man's face with light and shadows/mountains and craters on the surface of the moon?

Good Luck,

--db

digsy
digsy profile pic Alumni

last update I promise!

here is a new man who, imo, is different enough to original man but better than the other man I did... thoughts?

digsy
digsy profile pic Alumni

right so i made an adult decision all by myself and I'm going with this... now I just need a name! anyone with a flair for the dramatic got any suggestions?

slide1

slide2

TheInfamousBaka
TheInfamousBaka profile pic Alumni

Lunar Traipse Amore Moon Vagabond

I can't think of anything but "When the moon hits your eye, like a bigga pizza pie~"

TheInfamousBaka
TheInfamousBaka profile pic Alumni
  • Lunar Traipse
  • Amore
  • Moon Vagabond

Stupid new site formatting.

littlem

illuminata sayonara

digsy
digsy profile pic Alumni

i like these thanks. using a couple of them I though maybe celestial journey?

0ana

Great work, although I don't personally like the astronaut version more than this other one:

Just the opinion of someone who doesn't know much in the field.

0ana

Sorry, I forgot about the title suggestion: "One way to the moon".

digsy
digsy profile pic Alumni

So you like that one more than the astronaut? good to hear as thats the one I'm going with!

digsy
digsy profile pic Alumni

so i subbed it as lunar vagabon... i'm not even certain that makes sense but I like it.

Thanks for all the help, titles and otherwise :-)

Page:
  1. 1
  2. 2
  3. 3
No account?
Join Us