Click the image to vote please

Watch this
Page:
  1. 1
  2. 2
  3. 3
parallelish
parallelish profile pic Alumni

the highlight on the umbrella looks kinda weird, maybe just put it on the left edge like the figure

soloyo
soloyo profile pic Alumni
parallelish said:

the highlight on the umbrella looks kinda weird, maybe just put it on the left edge like the figure

jeffreyg
jeffreyg profile pic Staff
parallelish said:

digsy
digsy profile pic Alumni

im getting a vibe you guys don't like the highlight... not sure though...! no really, no highlight now

PeculiarTiffany
PeculiarTiffany profile pic Alumni
1 design submitted -

Better!

digsy
digsy profile pic Alumni

thanks

parallelish

looks better but i might make it a little thiner and push it all the way to the edge.

digsy
digsy profile pic Alumni

Ill look at that, thanks. Any more general feedback other than on the umbrella

uglyducknyc

I like it better than your previous sub version. Do parallelish's umbrella tweak, throw it on a tee, and I think you're ready to go.

moosabman
moosabman profile pic Alumni

I dig it digsy

digsy
digsy profile pic Alumni

I haven't mucked about with the umbrella yet as I've been laid up with a stomach bug, so I guess just looking for any more comments in the meantime

pyr4lis
pyr4lis profile pic Alumni

I like this alot. :) I think the issue I have with the umbrella is that the highlight is a solid triangle of color and all the other areas of color are either very thin lines or broken up with texture. Perhaps just adding a bit of texture to break what looks like the only block of solid color??

digsy
digsy profile pic Alumni

okely dokely, umbrella highlight trimmed and textured... and now?

digsy
digsy profile pic Alumni

slide updates - i'm off to the inlaws for christmas tomorrow so I either sub this tonight or i wait until the new year... are people going to be voting over christmas?

parallelish

looks ready 8)

Musarter
Musarter profile pic Alumni

I like the edits. I agree that it is now ready.

digsy
digsy profile pic Alumni

thanks guys!

is it going to die a slow death over christmas do you think?

parallelish

possibly, but we need jubilation points! :P

i subbed a design last night not even thinking about that, lol oh well 8)

hobigambar

Looks better more bright colors on black :)

[+duracell-]

Isnt it the general rule that less votes equals higher score? That what I thought anyways. Plus people are happy (or very depressed) because its Christmas time. Id just sub whenever.

littlem

nice colors. i love how it looks on the hoodie!

Wharton
Wharton profile pic Alumni

I'd wait until after Christmas, theres too much peripheral junk going on for this to get the votes it deserves.

moosabman
moosabman profile pic Alumni

Wharton has a point, although, there also might be plenty of people with time off work, sitting around bored at family homes. aka maybe lots of voting afterall.

digsy
digsy profile pic Alumni

Two valid points for either side of the argument. I'm sure I made a blog about this last year, waited till January and it tanked anyway! Ha

With the jubilation drive I might push this through - got a few more hours to decide

pyr4lis

yay it's so pretty! I love it I'm not sure though.. I'm not sure about subbing during christmas. I'd be curious.. but it would seem like it could go either way.

Go for it.. Whats the worst that happens? It gets a low score and you can recolor it and try again :D Honestly I would prefer more purple & blue & pink colors and less orange personally but it looked so good I wasn't going to nitpick over my personal dislike of the color orange

Pez Banana

i like it (the final version is greatly improved)...

i would sub it now. If it's good enough and Threadless-worthy, it'll print even with less votes due to holidays. And i do think it's worthy of a high score, so i'd sub it.

Rachel Ray Gun
Rachel Ray Gun profile pic Alumni

One suggestion: alter the man's shape a little bit. I don't know what the source image is, but I've seen that exact same umbrella hat dude on a ton of subs. It might be nice to alter him a little bit so he's unique.

quick-brown-fox
quick-brown-fox profile pic Alumni

I'm not sure it'd go up in time anyway Digsy, I subbed one on monday and it's still pending. Take your time with it, maybe get your hubby to reenact the pose and use a piccy montage

Pez Banana

Do subs these days take longer to get approved for scoring? That would be another factor to consider.

But i still think that if it's good enough to print, it'll print regardless.

Wharton

Staff critiques!? That scheating!

Wharton

*Scheating is German for Brilliant.

digsy
digsy profile pic Alumni

interesting point Rachel thanks. I'm pretty sure i originally drew him from and amalgamation of images although I can't be sure any more, it was so long ago. Either way, it's obvious he's too generic - i'll probably park this until the New year now and make sure I get it right when i have more time.

thanks peeps, have yourselves a lovely Christmas!

digsy
digsy profile pic Alumni

i took rachels advice and changed him, so here he is is he even more cliched?

digsy
digsy profile pic Alumni

bump

uglyducknyc

Personally not a fan of the astronaut.

Maybe if he was walking/staring towards the moon, I would feel different.

The previous version had a tranquil, surreal charm that I liked. This has a Top Gun bravado :-\

Manupix

What if he removed his helmet and carried it under his arm?

Akaka
Akaka profile pic Alumni

Cool looking work! I suspect the astronaut version would do quite well at that one other place, if you know what I mean...

digsy
digsy profile pic Alumni

should i turn him around and have his back to us like the original... just worry it'll be hard to distinguish then, look more like a guy in oversized clothing than an astro?

i like the idea of staring at the moon too, just can't visualise how i would pull it off....

RubberDuckyUrThe1

seems like you could keep him facing us if you take Manupix's advise and put the helmet under his arm. sort of like he's coming back from the moon... like he's done and walking home.

jmeaspls
jmeaspls profile pic Alumni

this is quite good, nice work!

pyr4lis

I agree with the removed helmet idea :)

octootco

I think the astronaut facing us could work if he was smaller. It would make the moon look more epic.

littlem

Why don't you go a bit more peculiar and give the astronaut an umbrella? Just a thought

littlem

Also, one thing I really liked about your original version, was the shadows of the man as I'm a sucker for silhouettes.

digsy
digsy profile pic Alumni

Good points guys thanks, will get on it today. Littlem - I know what you mean about the simplicity of the silhouette, I'm going to try make the astronaught as bare as possible but still recognisable, can't guarantee ill succeed though!

digsy
digsy profile pic Alumni

so i made him smaller and i took his helmet off - thoughts?

RubberDuckyUrThe1

maybe it's just me, but i feel like now that he's smaller, he's getting lost.

soloyo
soloyo profile pic Alumni

yeah, bigger was better

digsy
digsy profile pic Alumni

bigger again

Page:
  1. 1
  2. 2
  3. 3
No account?
Join Us