Close
One second...

Cut it out! - Pending

Update 2:

Tried several things with film & the alka seltzer stuff but ended up with this. Both hands to its head to make the headache more clear. What do you think? :)

link

Film less visible:

link

Update1:

What about.. something like this? I'd like to know what you think before working more on one of those, or something totally different. :)

1:

2:

Hi there,

New WIP blog for a clapperboard / film slate with a terrible headache.
Input welcome!

Things I'm thinking about: should it be angry or frustrated instead of dizzy and confused?
And adding text or not is always an issue. I prefer not to add text, but maybe it will make it more clear. Just something simple like 'ouch' or 'cut it out'.

Let me know what you think!

cut it out

Watch this
Wharton
3 designs submitted - Score now!

Cuteness incarnate! I think your characters are super SUPER cute, but I think that the one thing missing from your subs is some sort of interaction, I feel like he needs either to be placed within a concept (perhaps some other cute film related characters are gathered around), or there is some direct link between his head ache and a situation, then

KAPOW print worthy TNT.

spacesick

I love it. also marry me.

spacesick

I have a lot on my plate.

spacesick

I haven't fed my cat in like 3 years

cococosy

@wharton thanks! Good to know it's worth working on :) Trying a lot with interaction/scenery but haven't found 'it' yet. Maybe some props vaguely in the background..

cococosy

Oh, checking this post after 2 days was quite a surprise. I remember someone posting a certain Beyonce video in an earlier post about that.. ;)

Btw spacesick: feed your cat, save the mouses & birds. My cats would eat me alive if I wouldn't feed them for a day.

jamesnotjim

Maybe have him holding a glass of alka seltzer (aspirin) fizzing away for his headache?! Cute design for a cute girl :)

littlem

super cute!

littlem

also, yeah, spacesick. get in line. she's mine! :D

BeanePod

stop hitting yourself, stop hitting yourself....

it's awesome, lovin' it so far :)

soloyo-collabs

It's very cute but like other have said already it needs more than the title to make it work

Manupix

Agree something's missing, can't point what right now.

Also guys Hector was first. Jus' sayin'

spacesick

I'm kidding! I don't have a cat. I'm a grown man.

cococosy
jamesnotjim said:

Maybe have him holding a glass of alka seltzer (aspirin) fizzing away for his headache?! Cute design for a cute girl :)

Thanks for the suggestion! Thought about a painkiller too, to make the headache more clear looking :) wasn't sure about how to draw it though, but fizzing aspirine would be a good idea!

cococosy
littlem said:

also, yeah, spacesick. get in line. she's mine! :D

Milkshakes in my yard? It's a big compliment coming from you, Miss Littlem..

cococosy

Beanepod, Soloyo & Manupix: thanks guys! Viva WIP blogs, when you're in search of that 'extra' something :)

@spacesick Grown men & cats are a plus. You don't have a dog do you?

littlem

Ooo I like version1. And I also like the fizzing aspirin idea.

And miss kim, complimenting you is easy since you're so alluring. ;)

cococosy

Ha! You make me blush (irl) :)

Manupix

1: no

2: yes, with lots more film that looks more like film (this one doesn't really). Maybe he's all entangled in film. This makes sense as more film = more takes = more claps = headache!

cococosy

Ok! Thanks for giving your honest view, again :) both are not 'finished' so I could decide which one to work further on.. I like #2, the film-mess the most atm

Wharton

Ahem, I've got a cat.

Just sayin'

littlem

I have two cats, a dog, and a tortoise. Go to the back of the line, Wharton. Hahaha!

ICREATENOVELTY

I like #1 better. The film strip in #2 look rather superimposed, rather than in the same room as him. (He's really well drawn, BTW. I love his expression.) I would change the film strip to look more like it's piled on the floor around him, perhaps by reducing the space it takes up vertically to account for our POV/perspective. That was difficult to describe with words... does it make sense?

cococosy
ICREATENOVELTY said:

I like #1 better. The film strip in #2 look rather superimposed, rather than in the same room as him. (He's really well drawn, BTW. I love his expression.) I would change the film strip to look more like it's piled on the floor around him, perhaps by reducing the space it takes up vertically to account for our POV/perspective. That was difficult to describe with words... does it make sense?

Makes sense, thanks for the help! Somehow I overlooked your comment, but I worked with the film anyway :) The cutting board itself is somewhat finished, the area around it is kind of a struggle to make it work, hehe. Thanks again!

cococosy
Wharton said:

Ahem, I've got a cat.

Just sayin'

Extra points for you Wharton! Sorry littlem, I'm scared of dogs (suprise attack once ;) )

littlem

the filmstrip looks nice. i like both versions. :/

also, it appears i will have to jello-wrestle mr. wharton to win your affections. :P

Wharton

Swish 3 points to Wharton, zip littlem. Surprise Annie attacks are the WORST!

cococosy

I'll take the pics!

littlem

it's not going to be pretty. have you ever seen a grown man with jello stuffed into underpants? ;)

spacesick

if a cat was dying, I would sit and watch

spacesick

I mean I wouldn't kill a cat

spacesick

but I'm not gonna get my hands all full of that fur and shit. it takes forever to get it out.

cococosy

Ok, now seriously.. Which version? I'd like to sub it tonight because I won't be home for a few days. :)

littlem

how does the top version look on a greyscale background?

cococosy

Like this:

Extra points for Littlem by posting a 'serious' comment when needed!

cococosy
spacesick said:

but I'm not gonna get my hands all full of that fur and shit. it takes forever to get it out.

Wearing black and having a cat is just great.

littlem

i call technical foul on wharton. i made all my extra shots, all net! *takes a bow

hmmm i still like both versions, though i'm leaning toward the crisper version on the left. only because i can see the detail of the filmstrip better. thanks for the grey mock-up!

cococosy

Subbed it Wednesday, the left version.. More crisp indeed :)

littlem

awesome! good luck!

cococosy

Thanks! Can't wait until it's up. Preferably on a tee, but the scoring page will do for now :)

Btw, littlem, bought an art print of 2 turtles with party hats in London. Made me think of you, hehe.

littlem

aww how fun! i'd love to see it!

Wharton

Geez, get a room you two.

No account?