Close
One second...

I saw a white deer on the way to work (UPDATE Feb 15th)

What does it mean?

Watch this
ThePaperCrane
ThePaperCrane profile pic Alumni

Oh good! Well I survived the journey into work today with torrential rain and floods everywhere! This has been the wettest year ever. I work in an old wharf next to the river parrett that runs through a flood plain. The river has been high so much this year. The water is nearly up to the top of the arches of the main bridge here. Fingers crossed it holds!!

Wharton
Wharton profile pic Alumni

And I quote from the Holy book of wikipedia: The Celts believed that the white stag would appear when one was transgressing a taboo. What have you been up to?

ThePaperCrane

Tonteau I understand the science but prefer a bit of mystical significance. Preferably not what tesco said but if true please remember me fondly and perhaps Threadless could print one of my T's in honor and send the money to my many hungry children.

uglyducknyc

it means you will be seeing Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban in the near future ;-)

Tonteau
Tonteau profile pic Alumni

The Paper Crane on Nov 21 '12 at 5:28am Tonteau I understand the science but prefer a bit of mystical significance.

Oh, well in that case, it signifies impending constipation.

JonBurgessDesign

How did you know the deer was on it's way to work?

ThePaperCrane

Walking the dogs in the woods this morning I saw the white deer again but this time less then 100 yards away standing staring at me! It had 5 other brown deers following it as it walked off.

ThePaperCrane

I particularly like this bit:

White deer are special: Don’t shoot!

Many Native American tribes regarded albino deer as “sacred harbingers of good fortune”, and so did not kill them.

Ian-S
Ian-S profile pic Alumni

You saw two white deers on the way to work. Where do work? Some sort of clandestine magical kingdom. Well I saw the rare hornless unicorn on the way to my work place. Beat that!

WarDrobeInSpareOom

If you catch him, he'll grant you wishes!

But follow too long, and he'll lead you out of Narnia.

ThePaperCrane

It's funny you should say that but where I live has felt like Narnia lately. We have had loads of snow and even though the snow has gone everywhere it just stayed here - as if by magic!

No account?
Join Us