Close
One second...

Win a ticket & airfare to Coachella by gettin’ a little trashy.

Hey artists,

You’re all invited to participate in a very special challenge for Global Inheritance called TRASHed : Art of Recycling, celebrating the beauty of recycling.

Global Inheritance is a non-profit that oversees educational and environmental programs at major festivals and events across North America, and the Coachella Music Festival have created TRASHed.

TRASHed invites artists from all over the world to take ordinary recycling bins and turn them into interactive art pieces. Now you have the chance to design a recycling bin to be presented in Think Big, a special showcase in the Wynwoods arts district in Miami this December during Art Basel, and possibly win a trip to Coachella in 2013!

Here’s the deal:

Global Inheritance has provided us with 100 mini recycling bins like the one pictured below (Yea, mini kind of understates it, ha) for you to design for Think Big.

(Please forgive my terrible nail polish.)

Any designer can participate. Just email community@threadless.com with the subject line “mini recycling bin” with your shipping address, and we’ll ship you a bin. Paint it, sculpt it or do whatever you’d like to create a unique work of art from your mini bin. Check out some past examples:

Better hurry, though, because time is limited! Once you’re done, mail your mini bin to the folks Global Inheritance:

Global Inheritance
1855 Industrial St. Suite 613
Los Angeles, CA 90021

You are also required to email Lisa@globalinheritance.org to let the Global Inheritance folks know your bin is on the way.

Your bin must arrive at Global Inheritance NO LATER THAN December 4th! Only bins received by that date will be included in the Think Big exhibition. You are wholly responsible for mailing your artwork on time and to the right place, so get on it!

From December 6th-8th your redesigned miniature recycling bin will be part of the Think Big exhibition in the Wynwood arts district of Miami. There will also be a special viewing for the media and all the artists involved on the evening of December 7th.

Here’s where it really gets good: Global Inheritance will photograph each mini-bin. Via a Facebook album, we’ll ask the community to vote for their favorites. The top ten liked designs will each get a $50 Threadless gift code!

One extraordinarily talented bin designer will win the opportunity to design a full-sized, 65 gallon recycling bin for the Coachella Music & Arts Festival along with free airfare, hotel accommodations and a VIP pass to Coachella!

Other artists submitting redesigned mini bins may also be selected to design full-sized recycling bins for the festival.

The deadline for this is super tight, so send out your email ASAP and we’ll ship you a mini bin!

Watch this
Page:
  1. 1
  2. 2
  3. 3
valorandvellum
valorandvellum profile pic Alumni

This looks really cool!! Not very much time though... if we sign up for this, how soon would we get our bin?

valorandvellum

Oh what the heck, I'll just sign up for this anyway :-P

radiomode
radiomode profile pic Alumni

But the mailing alone will take weeks

valorandvellum

Yeah, I hope it doesn't arrive on December 1st, haha.

skaw
skaw profile pic Staff

Bright side if you can't do it in time you'll get a sweet mini garbage bin

EZFL
EZFL profile pic Alumni
1 design submitted -

I'll give it a shot. Email sent.

danrule
danrule profile pic Alumni

cool

Rachel Ray Gun
Rachel Ray Gun profile pic Alumni

We'll send these out as fast as humanly possible! We didn't want to turn down the opportunity to do this challenge because some people may not get their bin in time, though.

valorandvellum

skaw on Nov 13 '12 at 6:20pm Bright side if you can't do it in time you'll get a sweet mini garbage bin

I'm already thinking of all of the mini trash I can put in it!

briancook
briancook profile pic Alumni

email SENT! C'MON USPS :D

Raulio
Raulio profile pic Alumni

Awesome, e-mail sent!

gumbolimbo
gumbolimbo profile pic Alumni

mailed, not sure if makes in time to EU countries and back but mini bin as consolation always nice

goliath72
goliath72 profile pic Alumni
1 design submitted -

awesome

Rachel Ray Gun

Everyone who has emailed so far, your bins have been shipped!

To everyone else, we have PLENTY more bins! This is an awesome opportunity, and the sooner you sign up, the better!

pyr4lis
pyr4lis profile pic Alumni

I'd love to try one but I'm not an alumni.

Rachel Ray Gun

Bump! We need more participants!

goliath72
goliath72 profile pic Alumni
1 design submitted -

yes bump!!

ArTrOcItY
ArTrOcItY profile pic Alumni

Email sent!

Haragos
Haragos profile pic Alumni

This seems fun... But my ideas are rubbish (Get it?)

Rachel Ray Gun

I'm just going to keep bumping this until my inbox is overflowing with signups.

DontCallMeBlanket
DontCallMeBlanket profile pic Alumni

Yeah, I wish there was more time :(

Haragos
Haragos profile pic Alumni

I'll sign up and try to get something done but I'm slow.

Rachel Ray Gun

I'm opening this up to everyone now!

Manupix
3 designs submitted - Score now!

I'm tempted, but I don't see how it could possibly make the round trip to/from Europe in time, and I'd hate to deprive someone else of their chance. So I email you, but only send me one if no more murricans are on it, right?

Rachel Ray Gun

I just sent you an email!

christian

[ahem] threadstaff can participate too.

jeffreyg
jeffreyg profile pic Staff

sweet, i'd like to do one!

shirtflirt

sorry jeff they don't want you to

pyr4lis
pyr4lis profile pic Alumni

yay! I've got an idea already :)

Montro
Montro profile pic Alumni

I would really like to try, but regular mail takes SO long to the Dominican Rep, even if i'ts super close to the US.

Montro
Montro profile pic Alumni

ok, done

Dawnshmawn

I've Just sent my email... Fingers crossed im not too late!!!

[+duracell-]

its for beer bottle caps right?

palitosci
palitosci profile pic Alumni

Email senttt

palitosci
palitosci profile pic Alumni

Bump

dudeowl
dudeowl profile pic Alumni

sent and bump!

Musarter
Musarter profile pic Alumni

Sent an email. Sounds like fun.

cogigoc

Sent! I hope it gets here in time and back..

cogigoc

Sorry for the spam, I've sent another one with complete address...

Rachel Ray Gun

Bumping this. Still plenty more!

Rachel Ray Gun

(Don't forget, posting in the blog doesn't get you a bin. You must email!)

Steger
Steger profile pic Alumni

bump.

Dawnshmawn

I emailed last night... Is there a confirmation email if we're able to get a bin or anything?

Moonfae

I've signed up ! I hope I'm able to participate ,I would be more than happy to promote recycling and I love a good craft challenge,I've already got a few ideas :D

ISABOA
ISABOA profile pic Alumni

Hey, I am participating in a community endeavor!

sndrblzd

Hey! Email sent. :))

picolor

Email sent! Good Event!

Musarter
Musarter profile pic Alumni

Got my mini-can today. Buying some sculptee tonight.

Dawnshmawn

Got my mini can today!! Yay!!

Page:
  1. 1
  2. 2
  3. 3
No account?
Join Us