Close
One second...

Beta Changelog

Hey everyone, now that beta is pretty much launched, we're going to keep a changelog updated of everything we launch new to the site. We'll keep adding to it as we go. I might create a "Next Up" list so you guys can see what we're planning to fit next but that might be a few more days once I get re-oriented from my trip to Singapore :)

12/17
- Submission page altered to remove extra step in preview
- Collab links in subs now working

12/11
- Fixed default view for products in catalog

11/16-12/4
- Make login keep you on the page you're on
- Tons of holiday sale promotion stuff
- Better submission choosing tools internally for the new site
- More submission comments fixes
- A mega-ton of other random but important boring stuff that I won't bother going into detail on

The last couple weeks have been a bit of a bust for improving the site and more about getting us through the holidays. More meaty stuff to come soon!

11/15
- Changed pagination to be more smart so you can get to end of threads easier
- Added some more styles for formatting comments (though there may be issues with this right now)

11/14
- New navigation that is much smaller
- Added links to the collections within the SHOP nav
- Added direct links into the forums from the PLAY nav
- Removed the tabs from the top bar
- Added a cart icon
- Added the # link in the forum to link to last page
- Removed the aggressive click action on the forum listing page so you can open threads in tabs easier
- Fixed long product titles breaking things
- Fixed screwed up "MADE by" pages

11/12
- Fixes to Facebook login
- Fixes to submission comments
- Allow designs to be shown in addition to photos on product collections pages
- Speed up a slow query in scoring
- An issue with submission slider width

Answers to frequently reported issues

What's with the voting days on challenges?
Currently designs are allowed to be voted on for the entire challenge, so some designs can be voted on for 20+ days. We're going to change this so that each sub gets the same 7 days of voting as the old site.

Why can't I vote on all designs?
Currently you can only vote on designs within a challenge. We're going to be changing that to allow you to vote on all designs at the same time, not just on a per challenge basis.

Why's the nav so big?
We're changing the nav to be smaller.

The site's slow!
We're actively speeding up the site.

Why can't I search for anything other than products?
We're re-doing the search completely and until that is done there will only be product search. In the meantime if you add "site:threadless.com" to a google search it works quite well to search for anything.

Why can't I see the score during the voting period?
We will be adding this back in.

Watch this
Page:
  1. 4
  2. 5
  3. 6
  4. 7
  5. 8
  6. 9
digsy
digsy profile pic Alumni

I'm on an iPhone but using the full site option, not the mobile site, yet I can't open the options tab in the blogs - wont let me click on it

digsy
digsy profile pic Alumni

I also can't go back to the mobile site - I click the link at the bottom but it just reloads the full site

taz-pie

I am on an iphone. Why can't i see page 2 etc on the mobile site? Am i being dumb? I cant see a new page button :/

digsy
digsy profile pic Alumni
taz-pie said:

I am on an iphone. Why can't i see page 2 etc on the mobile site? Am i being dumb? I cant see a new page button :/

Does that to me too which is why I flip to full site occasionally.

craquehaus

I don't know if this is the best place to put a site related suggestion/idea....

but what if there was a forum interface where you could go through blog posts like how you vote now (adopted previously from powerscore)... powerblogging.

You could scroll through posts with ease.

Joe Conde
Joe Conde profile pic Alumni

Can we have an organize/delete function for our Past Submissions gallery? I don't know if I'm alone in this, but sometimes I have those "what was I thinking of" or the "i think I was high when I made that" submissions that are too embarrassing to look at now and we want them to be gone forever. :-D

Wharton
Wharton profile pic Alumni

It would be nice to have a page dedicated to winners of challenges. A valhalla full of Thread heroes. I see a lot of excitement leading up to challenges, but the results always seem a bit anti-climactic.

This might already exist, but I haven't seen one.

opifan64
opifan64 profile pic Alumni

Scoring is still broken. I haven't scored in a long time but I went and tried to score a few subs and the experience was frustrating. Comments load and post slowly, sometimes you try to score a design and it won't advance to the next design. It just generally feels buggy and unpolished.

sweet n sour
sweet n sour profile pic Alumni

I miss when threadless was about original (ish) t-shirts, these days it seems like it's just the place where gap, disney and marvel go to get their boring derivative merchandise made.

Wharton
sweet n sour said:

I miss when threadless was about original (ish) t-shirts, these days it seems like it's just the place where gap, disney and marvel go to get their boring derivative merchandise made.

I think I know where SnS is going with this, yes I'm flattered, and I wouldn't say no to another print.

hershel

you might be already aware of it, but it looks like the army of robots strikes back:

"

or is it just my computer? I have noticed it in several blogs now, certain words are linked to some kind of advertisement....and then.....the links disappear....and come back....and disappear...and come back.....and disappear.....and come back....and disappear....

Wharton

I don't see any spam.

hershel

mmmhhhh.....it´s inside the regular blogs, not these robotic " watch leeds vs. newcastle live stream"....is it really just me?

digsy
digsy profile pic Alumni

Looks like it might be hershel, I can't see any at all, sorry!

hershel

oh oh. thank you both for checking it.

digsy
digsy profile pic Alumni

Might be time to crack open the anti virus software :-(

soloyo
soloyo profile pic Alumni

another thing that is confusing is that when you are voting on a design the system shows you only the designs for scoring for that contest, when you finish scoring the designs available for scoring for said contest the system gives you a messages saying that you scored all the designs up for voting, which you really haven't since you never got to vote for the designs on the other contest. It's a confusing and missleading message.

Mantichore
Mantichore profile pic Alumni
6 designs submitted - Score now!

little bug on the main page, I scored all designs but it says there are still 32 designs left to score.

Morkki
Morkki profile pic Alumni
1 design submitted -

The Votes tab in profiles is still borked. Apparently it shows only prints from challenges... despite how I actually scored them.

digsy
digsy profile pic Alumni

there seems to be a lot of confusion amongst new members over how to post pictures and link - if this info doesn't exist somewhere obvious already, maybe it should be in the FAQ, or even better, there could be a little introductory page with a link thats included in their sign up email or something.

craquehaus

This.

opifan64 said:

Scoring is still broken. I haven't scored in a long time but I went and tried to score a few subs and the experience was frustrating. Comments load and post slowly, sometimes you try to score a design and it won't advance to the next design. It just generally feels buggy and unpolished.

craquehaus

Also: My current sub has one day left at the moment but is listed on my profile page as a past submission.

psherman42

I didn't see it mentioned in here yet, but for the people who wanted /all brought back, I just saw that it exists again

Morkki
Morkki profile pic Alumni
1 design submitted -
psherman42 said:

I didn't see it mentioned in here yet, but for the people who wanted /all brought back, I just saw that it exists again

Aww yiss

Mantichore

Sometimes I get this when entering to win if it gets printed. When I click like, I can't push the "post to facebook" button...

ivanrodero
Mantichore said:

little bug on the main page, I scored all designs but it says there are still 32 designs left to score.

Came here to say exactly this, because redundancy sometimes works.

digsy
digsy profile pic Alumni

scoring yesterday made me feel like this:

Mantichore
craquehaus said:

Also: My current sub has one day left at the moment but is listed on my profile page as a past submission.

same here

mike bautista
mike bautista profile pic Alumni

dunno if this was mentioned, but when I click the "score now" link on anyone's comments from a submission page, it links me to some other blogger's profile page.

SteveOramA
SteveOramA profile pic Alumni
1 design submitted -
mike bautista said:

dunno if this was mentioned, but when I click the "score now" link on anyone's comments from a submission page, it links me to some other blogger's profile page.

Yeah, it links to my own page when I click on someone else's "score now". weird.

SteveOramA
1 design submitted -

It would be cool if we could search for blogs and artists like before. I was thinking that in addition to that if there could be a way to search for designs created by an artist categorized by contest.

For example: If I have 3 designs up for scoring in the same contest I would do a search for my profile name, the designated contest and then the results would come up on one page. I would then use that url to send to my followers/fans/friends on social networks for promoting.

digsy
digsy profile pic Alumni

is this still happening for anyone else when they try score?

the slides slip too far over and you end up with the sub you're meant to be scoring half way off the screen to the left and greyed out, with the numbers all the way over on the right hovering over the next sub to score. There's no way to go back and actually see the full design on the let and it only takes about 4 or 5 scores for it to get to this stage for me. Otherwise if i want to keep scoring I have to go back and start again - it's unfuriating and it's been going on for months for me, so I'm really hardly scoring at all these days.

Wharton

'unfuriating', thats so infuriating.

EZFL
EZFL profile pic Alumni

The /all page is back.

T H A N K Y O U !

digsy
digsy profile pic Alumni
Wharton said:

'unfuriating', thats so infuriating.

the u and the i are next to each other, you'll forgive my wayward fingers

taz-pie

Unpinned

Mantichore
ivanrodero said:
Mantichore said:

Came here to say exactly this, because redundancy sometimes works.

I figured out why I had this problem: it's because of the absolut vodka challenge, which is sort of hidden. When I entered my birthday to vote, the designs suddenly appeared when I clicked the 'haven't voted' filter.

SteveOramA
1 design submitted -

1.) When I attempt to delete a thread that I posted by clicking on the "Delete" link it doesn't delete the thread. It takes me to the main forum page instead.

2.) With the voting numbers slowly dwindling down (from roughly 2,000 a few years ago to 250 on a design currently) have you thought of implementing a system where people that are coming to the site do not need to log in to vote on submissions?

For example: I post a link on my Facebook, Twitter, and Tumblr accounts saying "Hey, my design is up for scoring at Threadless, click the link to vote." I get replies back like "Why do I have to log-in to vote?" or "I have to create an account to vote? Not doing it." or "Nice design but it's confusing to actually vote."

I feel it would be easier and make for a more pleasant user experience if someone could come to the site and click on a number to vote for a submission then to log-in or create an account to do so. I personally am fine with it because I've been on here for a number of years and I have been accustomed to the voting system but for an outside user it may be difficult to grasp.

the czar

Can we get the participated filter to work for the mobile site? I can't delete old blogs either.

gebe
gebe profile pic Alumni

something is wrong with scores

PeculiarTiffany
PeculiarTiffany profile pic Alumni

Like this one... I know this got more than a 3.00. More recent stuff looks okay, but it appears to be that stuff that ended yesterday got messed up.

taz-pie

when oh when will we be able to search designs by "only those commented on" or whatever?

littlem
taz-pie said:

when oh when will we be able to search designs by "only those commented on" or whatever?

yeah, i wish the designs i participated in/on would show up on my participated everything tab.

bortwein
bortwein profile pic Alumni

Curious: When might the Critique section get up and running? Seems a lot of n00bs need this option now. With a good explanation on how to post and image as well.

osaze

i cant start a thread. if i click on the start a thread icon,it redirects me to the threadless homepage. is this a general problem?

[+duracell-]

Really getting tired of looking at the same We Think You'll Like These designs month after month. NO, I dont want skeleton carnival guy.. I dont want orange fox shirt. Give it a rest already.

BlancaJP
BlancaJP profile pic Alumni
2 designs submitted - Score now!

I've been wondering about the stumple upon share link on submitions. It shows up for a second while loading the page then it's gone not to bee seen again.

Also commenting on designs is way slow, checked my internets and it works nice and fast. I can wait it out or surf else where in the mean while and it's still way slow just here no where else.

Also I would second the ideas of having a winner page or some larger notice for winners, like said it's very anti climatic :(

and the idea of open voting seems to have merit. I hear the same song of "would like to vote, but can't it wants me to login" I'm not sure if you have to log in to buy stuff ass well, but I feel there would be voters and buyers that would come in if they didn't need an account.

thanks for the updates :)

laurxy
laurxy profile pic Alumni

Page:
  1. 4
  2. 5
  3. 6
  4. 7
  5. 8
  6. 9
No account?
Join Us