Close
One second...

Beta Changelog

Hey everyone, now that beta is pretty much launched, we're going to keep a changelog updated of everything we launch new to the site. We'll keep adding to it as we go. I might create a "Next Up" list so you guys can see what we're planning to fit next but that might be a few more days once I get re-oriented from my trip to Singapore :)

12/17
- Submission page altered to remove extra step in preview
- Collab links in subs now working

12/11
- Fixed default view for products in catalog

11/16-12/4
- Make login keep you on the page you're on
- Tons of holiday sale promotion stuff
- Better submission choosing tools internally for the new site
- More submission comments fixes
- A mega-ton of other random but important boring stuff that I won't bother going into detail on

The last couple weeks have been a bit of a bust for improving the site and more about getting us through the holidays. More meaty stuff to come soon!

11/15
- Changed pagination to be more smart so you can get to end of threads easier
- Added some more styles for formatting comments (though there may be issues with this right now)

11/14
- New navigation that is much smaller
- Added links to the collections within the SHOP nav
- Added direct links into the forums from the PLAY nav
- Removed the tabs from the top bar
- Added a cart icon
- Added the # link in the forum to link to last page
- Removed the aggressive click action on the forum listing page so you can open threads in tabs easier
- Fixed long product titles breaking things
- Fixed screwed up "MADE by" pages

11/12
- Fixes to Facebook login
- Fixes to submission comments
- Allow designs to be shown in addition to photos on product collections pages
- Speed up a slow query in scoring
- An issue with submission slider width

Answers to frequently reported issues

What's with the voting days on challenges?
Currently designs are allowed to be voted on for the entire challenge, so some designs can be voted on for 20+ days. We're going to change this so that each sub gets the same 7 days of voting as the old site.

Why can't I vote on all designs?
Currently you can only vote on designs within a challenge. We're going to be changing that to allow you to vote on all designs at the same time, not just on a per challenge basis.

Why's the nav so big?
We're changing the nav to be smaller.

The site's slow!
We're actively speeding up the site.

Why can't I search for anything other than products?
We're re-doing the search completely and until that is done there will only be product search. In the meantime if you add "site:threadless.com" to a google search it works quite well to search for anything.

Why can't I see the score during the voting period?
We will be adding this back in.

Watch this
Page:
  1. 3
  2. 4
  3. 5
  4. 6
  5. 7
  6. 8
  7. 9
gebe
1 design submitted - Score now!

how long is pending time on this new site? 4 days and nothing yet

SteveOramA
2 designs submitted - Score now!

Two bugs I've noticed lately:

1. When you're on your profile and looking in the "I HAVE # DESIGNS OPEN FOR SCORING" section it is reporting the scores for the designs but the comments portion remains 0 when there are comments.

2. At the top right of any comment it shows "# designs submitted - Score now!" When I click on the link it takes me back to one of my own designs or my own profile instead of the member's design.

Mantichore

the point system is back for some reason...

gebe

Suggestion: reintroduce "0" button for voting please! And also, there's no great visual difference among Alumni and Non-alumni, and this is too pop to me :(

Morkki

Could we have a button for gut punching the spammers through the Internet?

veciocoldobro
Morkki said:

"Watch damn free movies, pay damn nothing!". I totally agree, it's an overnight flood (european time)

nickv47

The "play" link just disappeared. The formatting is messed up when you go to the scoring page, "score" is in a thinner text.

gebe

Today is not my Bday! You have to review the age-counter-system

[+duracell-]
Morkki said:

Seriously. I mean, do you guys want people to chat in this forum or no?

Montro

Will this nightmare ever end?!

andyg

Bring back the old site!

BurritoGoblin

My Alumni Points are on the fritz

tragos

I miss threadless

taz-pie

bloody hell! over 8 full pages of spam!

YaaH

YaaH

digsy

The spam is out of control. You guys really need to do something ASAP, even if it means shutting down the blogs while you figure out and fix the problem. They're dead as it is currently anyway

ivanrodero
digsy said: ...even if it means shutting down the blogs while you figure out and fix the problem. They're dead as it is currently anyway

True.

Musarter
[+duracell-] said:
Morkki said:

Seriously. I mean, do you guys want people to chat in this forum or no?

This combined with not being able to search previous chats spells the end of chat.

soloyo-collabs

Stupid People Advertising Mindlessly

soloyo-collabs

Stupid People Advertising Mindlessly

[+duracell-]

It's Make Great Together, right?

Hence, community is essential, don't lose that! Please someone take 20 mins out of your day and delete all this spam/spam accounts. Block registration temporarily if you have to.

[+duracell-]

oh... must have been looking at old pages or something. Thanks for fixing it mostly. :)

YaaH

I can't place an order, can you?

YaaH

Last day for an extra 10% off sale items. How can I make it in time if you don't fix the order system. I still can't place the order. :(

gebe

Bring back the old site! This one's too sad :(

JadenKale

I just had a friend vote for my entry, log in, hit the number he wanted to vote for, and it crashed his entire computer. He wasn't doing anything else. His entire windows explorer crashed, then the screens went black. Now he's working on trying to do a start-up repair.

I've had problems where it takes forever for pages to upload through firefox and Chrome.

jeffreyg
jeffreyg profile pic Staff
JadenKale said:

I just had a friend vote for my entry, log in, hit the number he wanted to vote for, and it crashed his entire computer. He wasn't doing anything else. His entire windows explorer crashed, then the screens went black. Now he's working on trying to do a start-up repair.

I've had problems where it takes forever for pages to upload through firefox and Chrome.

lol I highly doubt that this site alone did that...

GoldenGod02

Some of my past designs still aren't showing up on my profile or after you click on their links

aled

I came in here to suggest @mention system like Facebook or Twitter - linking to accounts and alerting users, but it seems like that would be far down any to-do list having read through the other comments. I hope you can fix all the things soon.

Much love x

digsy

Does anyone else get random internal server errors? I had last night and this morning (UK time) and I won't be able to get into the site at all for about 10-15 minutes. Not the end of the world of course, just curious if anyone else had noticed as I'm getting it on different devices and different networks. Also this mornings turned into a redirect error too where the address bar flicked between beta.threadless and normal www.threadless loads of time before safari popped up with a too many redirects error.

Just maintenance?

digsy

Nevermind, just saw the switchover blog, glad that worked

skaw
skaw profile pic Staff
aled said:

I came in here to suggest @mention system like Facebook or Twitter - linking to accounts and alerting users, but it seems like that would be far down any to-do list having read through the other comments. I hope you can fix all the things soon.

Much love x

Love it and it is on the list.

Dreamspace

I am no techy. I believe the the users and the staff equally agree that we all hate the spams. I just thought what if we have report spam button somewhere so that users can report a blog and user as a spam and 25 repots on a particular blog/user. Poof...

May be 25 is small so you could keep it 50 or something and a better control to make sure new bees dont misuse it keep a criteria as only a member more who has been with threadless for more than a year alone can report such activity.

If only we have it i guess we will do that job. And it could become more of a fun thing too. Say we give a badge call spam-buster or something.

skaw
skaw profile pic Staff

i really dig the idea. we have a few things in the works to tackle the spam. sorry we can't just flip a switch immediately to fix it, might take a moment!

Dreamspace
skaw said:

i really dig the idea. we have a few things in the works to tackle the spam. sorry we can't just flip a switch immediately to fix it, might take a moment!

Oh! I would be damned to think that it would be as easy as flipping a switch. :-) I just thought it would be cool idea to suggest. We just need something to throw at the damn spammers :-)

EZFL

Any chance we can get the /all page back up or have something similar to it created? Being able to see all past and present prints in one place was extremely valuable. It was a great resource for inspiration, examples of color palettes and styles as well as other things.

mechanicalrobotpower
xiv said:

Any chance we can get the /all page back up or have something similar to it created? Being able to see all past and present prints in one place was extremely valuable. It was a great resource for inspiration, examples of color palettes and styles as well as other things.

seconded

ChrisDB

Just this week the 'all' page worked for me. Right now nobody's profile is opening, not even my own. Also, I saw the bit where it says you can only vote on designs within a challenge. Does that mean the 'regular' subs aren't going up or anything?

Morkki
mechanicalrobotpower said:
xiv said:

seconded

thirded

Dreamspace
Morkki said:
xiv said:

seconded

thirded

Want. Want. Want

TheInfamousBaka
Morkki said:
xiv said:

seconded

thirded

Fourthed. This was also a great way to show noobs what prints around here.

ChrisDB

I'd like to suggest a 'watched artist' section. Something where I can add a quick shortcut on my profile to the artists' profiles that I like. I guess almost like a friends list sort of thing.

pyr4lis

Posting here too....

Ok so I'm having a weird bug.. basically it's not letting me edit or update past blogs. I can type everything in and the preview looks good but when I hit the submit button Threadless redirects me to a wikihow page on how to eat spam :P

Steger
TheInfamousBaka said:
Morkki said:
xiv said:

seconded

thirded

Fifthed, and now we've reached Inception.

On a side note. according to everyone's profile page, no one has been printed.

ivanrodero
drewski79 said:
TheInfamousBaka said:
Morkki said:
xiv said:

seconded

thirded

Fifthed, and now we've reached Inception.

Sixted, because it looks cool as an even number.

taz-pie

when will the search function be up and running? i want to be able to search for persons or things or old retired designs and stuff...

GoldenGod02

Holy spam junkies are back

psherman42

I didn't read through this thread, so these might have been mentioned, but a few things I've noticed

• When you add an item to the cart where the change ends in a 0, in the popup that 0 is cut off. Not a big deal, but seeing $23.5 looks strange.
  • There are quite a few product pages that don't link to their submission. They have an "about the design" section, but all it lists are the tags. eg fatheed's spiderman shirt
  • Subs from closed competitions still show the next sub arrow, but clicking that does nothing.
  • There is no robots.txt page
  • This is probably not something anyone using the site like a normal person would come across, but if I try to access a new style submission's page with the old submission url style, the page loads correctly, but the url gets changed from submission/id/slug to submission/slug and on refresh that 404s.
digsy

I'm on an iPhone but using the full site option, not the mobile site, yet I can't open the options tab in the bl

Page:
  1. 3
  2. 4
  3. 5
  4. 6
  5. 7
  6. 8
  7. 9
No account?