Close
One second...

Beta Changelog

Hey everyone, now that beta is pretty much launched, we're going to keep a changelog updated of everything we launch new to the site. We'll keep adding to it as we go. I might create a "Next Up" list so you guys can see what we're planning to fit next but that might be a few more days once I get re-oriented from my trip to Singapore :)

12/17
- Submission page altered to remove extra step in preview
- Collab links in subs now working

12/11
- Fixed default view for products in catalog

11/16-12/4
- Make login keep you on the page you're on
- Tons of holiday sale promotion stuff
- Better submission choosing tools internally for the new site
- More submission comments fixes
- A mega-ton of other random but important boring stuff that I won't bother going into detail on

The last couple weeks have been a bit of a bust for improving the site and more about getting us through the holidays. More meaty stuff to come soon!

11/15
- Changed pagination to be more smart so you can get to end of threads easier
- Added some more styles for formatting comments (though there may be issues with this right now)

11/14
- New navigation that is much smaller
- Added links to the collections within the SHOP nav
- Added direct links into the forums from the PLAY nav
- Removed the tabs from the top bar
- Added a cart icon
- Added the # link in the forum to link to last page
- Removed the aggressive click action on the forum listing page so you can open threads in tabs easier
- Fixed long product titles breaking things
- Fixed screwed up "MADE by" pages

11/12
- Fixes to Facebook login
- Fixes to submission comments
- Allow designs to be shown in addition to photos on product collections pages
- Speed up a slow query in scoring
- An issue with submission slider width

Answers to frequently reported issues

What's with the voting days on challenges?
Currently designs are allowed to be voted on for the entire challenge, so some designs can be voted on for 20+ days. We're going to change this so that each sub gets the same 7 days of voting as the old site.

Why can't I vote on all designs?
Currently you can only vote on designs within a challenge. We're going to be changing that to allow you to vote on all designs at the same time, not just on a per challenge basis.

Why's the nav so big?
We're changing the nav to be smaller.

The site's slow!
We're actively speeding up the site.

Why can't I search for anything other than products?
We're re-doing the search completely and until that is done there will only be product search. In the meantime if you add "site:threadless.com" to a google search it works quite well to search for anything.

Why can't I see the score during the voting period?
We will be adding this back in.

Watch this
Page:
  1. 2
  2. 3
  3. 4
  4. 5
  5. 6
  6. 7
  7. 8
  8. 9
Morkki
Morkki profile pic Alumni
1 design submitted -
digsy said:
digsy said:

Also, trying to use the # to get to the last page of this blog is giving me a server error

That happens in all threads that have exactly 50, 100, 150... etc. comments. Once you post a comment that begins a new page it works again.

BUT! Even though the "participated" filter is still under construction, the "watched" filter actually works! Huzzah!

Morkki
1 design submitted -

weird quoting accident

Manupix

Looks like "participated" works, cool! However the "all" filter doesn't: remains on "participated". Also it's sooooo damn sloooow.switching between them.

skaw
skaw profile pic Staff
Manupix said:

Looks like "participated" works, cool! However the "all" filter doesn't: remains on "participated". Also it's sooooo damn sloooow.switching between them.

it should be waaaay faster now

Manupix
skaw said:

it should be waaaay faster now

Wow, it is! =D "all" still doesn't work but that's ok, clicking 'everything' instead does the trick easier.

Manupix

Also single returns still don't work, whatever preview says :P

Single return

Doouble

return

Oh, and no preview now?

skaw
skaw profile pic Staff

all should work now too

Manupix

single return

Manupix

almost ;_;

Morkki
1 design submitted -

Yay for filters!

skaw
skaw profile pic Staff

oh no i mean the "all" filter... not sure about single returns hmmm weird.

skaw
skaw profile pic Staff

single return

micheleficeli

No way, can't believe it!!!

littlem

where'd the PLAY button go?

micheleficeli

^Yep, what's up there? Btw, the names of the buttons right now speak more clearly what they're linking to. I'd replace the "play" with just "forum".

Manupix
skaw said:

oh no i mean the "all" filter

Oh! It does work =)

So I just checked my profile 'votes' tab. Out of the 3 designs I supposedly helped make sure they got printed by scoring them highly, I actually scored 2 of them very low...

Mountain Gnome

woah participated filter works!!

but now I can't get to the forums without a play button!

celandinestern
celandinestern profile pic Alumni

where has the forum gone from the nav bar? It's, like, the one item I need up there :)

digsy
digsy profile pic Alumni
2 designs submitted - Score now!

scoring sucks at the mo, i've managed three and given up

soloyo
soloyo profile pic Alumni

missing play Tab

Bio-bot 9000
Bio-bot 9000 profile pic Alumni

Can confirm missing Play tab on Firefox and Chrome.

Akaka
Akaka profile pic Alumni

I can see the Play tab just fine (Chrome)

jeffreyg
jeffreyg profile pic Staff
Akaka said:

I can see the Play tab just fine (Chrome)

TheInfamousBaka
TheInfamousBaka profile pic Alumni

The Play tab shows just fine on my desktop computer (using Chrome), but doesn't show on my tablet. Weird.

Manupix

Scoring sucks, again ;_;

New unwanted Twitter tabs constantly open, it's making me crazy. Sometimes it's G+ instead. Scoring slows down and gets erratic after 15-20 votes. The back/forward arrow is terribly unreactive, and half the time ends up moving 2 designs back or forward, with no way to reach the one in the middle. The whole thing seems far too heavy on TL's servers / the internet / my computer. Why does it have to be so? Obviously all those non-essential scripts do more harm than good. Yes, I'm there again.

Whenever I get to the end of a challenge to see 'you've scored them all', there is a last unscored design on the right that never comes up.

Now I have *-4 designs left to score* in the college challenge. Not counting that other one on the right side.

Manupix

Oh, and whenever going to a design page from a link chances are it won't open right away. If the 'loading' wheel isn't there, nothing happens forever: no swapping slides, no scoring, no clicking next design arrow. And by forever I mean forever. Several refreshes might be needed.

L-M-N-O-P
L-M-N-O-P profile pic Alumni

Average score would be a nice thing to see again.

celandinestern
celandinestern profile pic Alumni

scoring sucks.

my page has my sub has xxx votes and zero comments.

when I try to click on the 'now scoring' thing in the corner of someone's comment from regular blogs, it takes me to their pieces. But when I do the same from the comments on my sub, it doesn't work - takes me back to my sub. It's annoying if you want to do the people a favor by way of thanks for taking the time to comment on your piece, and you have to go the long way round.

StrayTangent

Play button worked earlier today, then suddenly stopped working a couple of hours later (chrome).

the czar

Options does not drop down on the mobile site (iPad)

the czar

No play header either.

jublin
jublin profile pic Alumni

i just started subbing designs again since way back when and I find it really frustrating that there is no preview stage before officially submitting a design. I've had to submit, then DELETE a sub several times because one of the jpegs wasn't properly loading. And after it's submitted there is no way to view or see your subs that are waiting for approval which is also frustrating.

I just had my latest design submitted twice so I currently have two submissions of the same design in the running.

Bio-bot 9000

There's a glitch when I try to filter submissions by scores I've given: regardless of what i select (Scored a 1 or Scored a 5), I get a page with dozens of copies of the most recent submission.

FRICKINAWESOME
FRICKINAWESOME profile pic Alumni

^I hate that glitch Sam! I've tried to filter and the same thing happens: whatever design is the last one that went through the approval process is the one repeated over and over...

Also, I have a collab up right now that has my name at the top, but when I comment ,there is no (I have 1 design submitted, score now!" next to my comment.

Also also, thank you for fixing how many prints we all have had on Threadless, but I was told the elusive two 12 club prints I've collabed on (Historical Superheroes and Natural Transformation) would finally be included in this tally...is that still going to be implemented so my correct printed tally is finally all under one roof?

soloyo
soloyo profile pic Alumni
FRICKINAWESOME said:

^I hate that glitch Sam! I've tried to filter and the same thing happens: whatever design is the last one that went through the approval process is the one repeated over and over...

Also, I have a collab up right now that has my name at the top, but when I comment ,there is no (I have 1 design submitted, score now!" next to my comment.

Also also, thank you for fixing how many prints we all have had on Threadless, but I was told the elusive two 12 club prints I've collabed on (Historical Superheroes and Natural Transformation) would finally be included in this tally...is that still going to be implemented so my correct printed tally is finally all under one roof?

skaw on Jan. 14, 2013 at 11:51:50 Staff Quote it looks like there is a bug where collabs aren't showing up in profiles.

jess4002
jess4002 profile pic Alumni

i want achievements and trophies! :D

taz-pie

yeah i want a trophy for the fact that i have bought about 300 tshirts, no lie

FRICKINAWESOME
FRICKINAWESOME profile pic Alumni

skaw on Jan. 14, 2013 at 11:51:50 Staff Quote it looks like there is a bug where collabs aren't showing up in profiles.

b-b-b-b-b-but....we were PROMISED that glitch would be fixed from the past site, and now it's called a bug and not a glitch? Does that mean it's eventually going to get fixed? I know there's a ton of important things to get up and running properly first, but....

squintygirl

I'm also curious if the discrepancy in the personal vote tally from the old site to the new will be ironed out. When scoring ceased on the old site, my count dropped at least 8,000 votes.

:(

briancook
briancook profile pic Alumni

Most of my printed designs are now showing up on my profile - EXCEPT my 12 mo. club design :/

Getting there!

macdoodle
macdoodle profile pic Alumni
1 design submitted -

I havent been on in a while and now that the new site is in full swing I cant seem to do anything (vote, power score, browse through designs, see my pending designs).

When I try to vote the loading/wait thingy comes up and never moves on to the next design.

Im sure Im doing something wrong or I missed something??

ndstillie
ndstillie profile pic Alumni

hey haven't been here for a bit....is there any way to non beta this? I really don't like the redesign at all. Damn kids need to get off my lawn.

Mickey Zaza

Always appreciate a nice upgrade with an update...

mathiole
mathiole profile pic Alumni
3 designs submitted - Score now!

the voting period isn't 7 days anymore? Designs that have been up since a loves competition started stays opened for voting till it end it. And designs that are submitted on the last day, ends up having 3 of 4 days for score only (considering the delay for approval). That's extremely unfair. It happened with me two other times and i felt i was being harmed. Do you guys plan to fix this?

speakerine
speakerine profile pic Alumni

very agree with what mathiole said. It happened me too

speakerine
speakerine profile pic Alumni

I would like to be able to "watch" my scoring designs!

digsy
digsy profile pic Alumni

is anyone having mobile access probs? was fine earlier but i can't get any threadless pages to open on my iphone at the moment. all other internet works fine and i can access from my pc

Bio-bot 9000
mathiole said:

the voting period isn't 7 days anymore? Designs that have been up since a loves competition started stays opened for voting till it end it. And designs that are submitted on the last day, ends up having 3 of 4 days for score only (considering the delay for approval). That's extremely unfair. It happened with me two other times and i felt i was being harmed. Do you guys plan to fix this?

Looks like all of the challenges right now have current subs lasting 13-22 days, unless that's a glitch/typo. The challenge submission pages clearly say "For 7 days, the Threadless community scores your design 1 to 5 and leaves comments." So what's going on?

I feel like there's a lot less transparency and honesty regarding how to submit, how challenges work, how payment works, etc. I imagine it's even more confusing for brand new users of the site.

nyenyerejunior

if i click on fe. Shop->Guys i'll see the reprints if i want to browse the new tees i have to go to the frontpage and go from there right?

emanoelmelo
emanoelmelo profile pic Alumni

You guys really need to improve the voting system for visitor who don't have Threadless account. When I ask votes for friends and family they just wanna click the link, click the number and done. But then that login screen appears and they just get lost! I keep saying "just click Login with Facebook down the bottom of the page" but now I realized that when people login they are REDIRECTED to the home and they vote is NOT computated! I just lost SO MANY votes because of this! C'mon guys, this can't be that hard to solve...

Page:
  1. 2
  2. 3
  3. 4
  4. 5
  5. 6
  6. 7
  7. 8
  8. 9
No account?