Close
One second...

So my mom died this weekend... (Week later update)

And she was such an awesome woman that it's hard to find words to express how much I'll miss her... and how awful I feel about living in another country and couldn't find a flight until tomorrow to get there on Wednesday... I'm just waiting like a moron, hopeless and grieving by myself...

Watch this
tragos

:(((( I'm so sorry for your loss, Ivan. It must be really difficult to be far away from it too.

What are some of your best memories of her?

ThePaperCrane
ThePaperCrane profile pic Alumni

Man I am so sorry mate!

squintygirl

That's terrible news, I'm so so sorry.

v_calahan
v_calahan profile pic Alumni

Virtual hug man, so sorry to hear that. Words are of little help but take care of yourself and yours. & double hug again from a stranger friend.

ivanrodero
ivanrodero profile pic Alumni

I appreciate it Becca, it is just sadder being away right now... I don't even know If I'll get there on time...

Best memories of her? hmm when I was little she was the most cozy and maternal mom you could ask for, I remember her singing to me so I could fall sleep, reading me stories and changing the sad parts to make them merrier.

I have this strong image of her cooking and me sitting on a bench near her in the kitchen, I should have been 3 or 4 years old, sitting there telling her stories... and she listening my kid ramblings.

As a grown man we learned to see each other as friends, and I became her confident... after the death of my dad I heard a lot of stuff about her and her life, things probably a son never has a chance to know about his parents, but she confide me with her story, and I'm very grateful to had the chance to really know her...

We used to hang out, my friends adored her probably everyone did, she was lovable and never afraid to be tender and supportive for everyone...

ivanrodero

Thanks guys, I seriously appreciate it...

PeculiarTiffany
PeculiarTiffany profile pic Alumni

That's terrible. :-( Was it sudden or a long term thing? Very sorry for your loss.

Here's a silly gif.

ivanrodero

It came from nowhere, I spoke with her on Friday and she sounded full of energy and very positive, but she was a very holistic person so it was hard to convince her to go to a real doctor for a check up, so it's hard to know if it was something boiling around her for a while...

Man, that cat is awesome.

jeffreyg
jeffreyg profile pic Staff

I can't even imagine what you're going through, dude. My thoughts are with you and your family

jeffreyg
jeffreyg profile pic Staff

and always remember that you are awesome ;)

nickv47
nickv47 profile pic Alumni

Really sorry to hear man. My thoughts are with you.

Shadyjibes
Shadyjibes profile pic Alumni
1 design submitted -

it's always hard to deal with the loss of such an important and wonderful person in your life, but that's how it is. she must be a very proud of you and she'll always live in your memories.

robotwaste

Sounds like you had a great mom. So sorry for your loss.

ivanrodero

Hehehe thanks Jeff and I appreciate the sentiment Nick thanks.

Gulshan, wise words, I'm grieving but I accept death as part of life so even if I'm sad I accept it and treasure her memory from now on.

She really was Tony, she really was, thanks man.

littlem

oh, ivan, so sorry to hear about this.
losing a loved one is never an easy thing to go through.
it's neat that you were able to get to know her pretty well. not everyone experiences such a close bond like that. always hold her close in your heart, in whatever you do and she will be there to guide you the rest of your life. *hugs

quick-brown-fox
quick-brown-fox profile pic Alumni
9 designs submitted - Score now!

So sorry man, I know how you feel having lost my mum a couple of years ago. My only advice is don't let the grief eat you up, but let your mom's memory drive you on, achieving everything you've wanted to knowing that she'd be as proud as anything looking down on you. I found Threadless after she passed away, but I know she'd be my keenest follower!

My mum frowned on my inability to spend money wisely, so there's a picture of her, my dad and me in my wallet reminding me not to spend my money on crap!

Daviisilva

Sorry for your loss Ivan, this is such a difficult moment, specially when it's someone so close... stay good, you and your family.

Montro
Montro profile pic Alumni

very sorry to hear about your loss. much love.

Twiggyhall

HUGS

I'm so sorry for your loss, Ivan

I recently lost my Father. It's tough. I'm glad you are focusing on the good memories of your loving Mother. It really does help some.

I also find that wabbits help in most situations :)

RicoMambo
RicoMambo profile pic Alumni
4 designs submitted - Score now!

sorry, sorry, sorry

ivanrodero

Thanks Annie and yes, I feel really lucky for the bond we had and her memory will stay with me for the rest of my days. :^)

John, lovely words... she was really happy when I decided to pick again illustrating and that always made me happy too.

Davi, Montro, Rico, thanks for the sentiments I really appreciate them.

Twiggy I'm so sorry to hear from your dad, let's share a nice virtual hug for missing cool parents but yes, the good stuff is what matters the most and in this case the only thing I want to focus on, because she was a cool mom and that's that.

And look at those wabbits, first on it's so adowable :^)

soloyo
soloyo profile pic Alumni

sorry for your loss dude.

I can't imaging life without my mom,our family would fall apart . She is the reason me and my brothers still talk to one another.

so good to know that you have so many awesome memories of her. Those will always be with you, so a small part of her will always be by your side.

palitosci
palitosci profile pic Alumni

Lo siento mucho dude... Debe ser un momento muy dificil. Te envío todas mis fuerzas para que puedas seguir adelante. Un abrazo

Wharton
Wharton profile pic Alumni

Hey Ivan,

So sorry to hear this news. Not everyone gets to really know their parents and it sounds like you're one of the lucky few. I know I don't know you very well but what i do know is pretty awesome and I can only imagine just how much she must have thought of you too.

All the best.

Mountain Gnome

Aww man, I really feel your loss. I too lost my mom some years ago and know how you must feel. I was also in a similar predicament being in a distant country and having to wait to get home.

Keep her memory strong in your mind, focus on moving forward and always know she is still watching you from above.

All the best with going through the coming days,be strong.

A BIG HUG from me.

ivanrodero

Thanks Nestor from the heart and please give your mom a big hug and tell her you love her, I tried to remind mine every time I could that I did, now I don't have that feeling of "I wish I have said" and I think that's cool.

Gracias Lucas, lo haré te mando otro abrazo.

Thanks for your kind word Chris, you're pretty awesome yourself :^)

Gnome, being away it's just awful I just keep doing stuff to keep my mind off... today I have just installed a new shower, some shelves an finished a design to sub here and I still have tons of time until my flight, it's heartbreaking...

I'll keep going...

FRICKINAWESOME
FRICKINAWESOME profile pic Alumni
1 design submitted -

Dude so fucking sorry to hear this!

Hope you get home soon to grieve with your family, I'm not a praying guy but I'll send good thoughts out your way to help you through your time of pain :(

WanderingBert
WanderingBert profile pic Alumni

Man, really sorry for your loss.

I am the praying type, so i'll collab with FA to give you the best of both good thoughts and prayers for you and your family. Stay strong dude, all the best.

againstbound
againstbound profile pic Alumni

Oh man, so sorry about that :(

Best wishes to you and your family.

Cumix47

So sorry for you loss man, Couldn't imagine that if happen to me :( I just loss my Grandma last month, My thoughts are with you and your family...

taz-pie

oh man i am so sorry. my dad died a few years ago, and i was also in another city. it was such a terrible shock, and i wish i could have been there in the moment for my mom. it sounds like your mom was a wonderful lady. i hope you can treasure the good memories and not be overwhelmed with too much sadness. it is hard at first, but definitely gets better. know that you were loved.

speakerine
speakerine profile pic Alumni
1 design submitted -

I'm sorry..

Sintalento
Sintalento profile pic Alumni

sorry for you loss, Best wishes... Un abrazo enorme y mucho ánimo.

ivanrodero

Thanks Evan, praying is just a way and your good thoughts are comforting too.

David, I'm glad you are the praying type thanks for your thoughts and prayers.

Hector, Cumix47, speakarine and Sintalento, thanks guys I appreciate it, gracias en serio.

Taz, I'm sorry to hear about your dad and I'll take from your experience, now is hard, being so away was hard too, but even if this is very sad, I still think of her and her love and smile... I'll just miss her, but I know she will be always by my side.

Ok this is an small update, so after taking to long flights and waiting in an airport for more than nine hours I finally got here just in time to get to the ceremonies, it was hard to see my family in such an event, my sister was devastated a lot of people went, she was loved by a lot of people which pour their affection and grief on us, it was very moving seeing how special she was for so many...

Now my sister and I have to confront and organize all of what she left behind, it's not easy but that's what I'll be doing for the next month or more, I'll probably not be around here that much because there's so much to do here, I'll miss you guys and thanks again for your support, you are all awesome.

Have fun.

ivanrodero

Hector, Cumix47, speakarine and Sintalento, thanks guys I appreciate it, gracias en serio.

Taz, I'm sorry to hear about your dad and I'll take from your experience, now is hard, being so away was hard too, but even if this is very sad, I still think of her and her love and smile... I'll just miss her, but I know she will be always by my side.

Ok this is an small update, so after taking to long flights and waiting in an airport for more than nine hours I finally got here just in time to get to the ceremonies, it was hard to see my family in such an event, my sister was devastated a lot of people went, she was loved by a lot of people which pour their affection and grief on us, it was very moving seeing how special she was for so many...

Now my sister and I have to confront and organize all of what she left behind, it's not easy but that's what I'll be doing for the next month or more, I'll probably not be around here that much because there's so much to do here, I'll miss you guys and thanks again for your support, you are all awesome.

Have fun.

ivanrodero

Have fun.

maddingo

I am sorry for your loss

v_calahan
v_calahan profile pic Alumni

Sad update, take care of yours and yourself and hang on pal!

littlem

ivan, thanks for the update.

it won't be easy sorting through what she has left behind. don't feel bad to take mementos such as her favorite articles of clothing, etc. you may find they are comforting over the years.

my dad passed 15 years ago and i'm so glad that i kept some of his shirts, eye glasses, etc.
they are warm reminders of what an amazing person he was. my mom still has some of his old cologne at her house and i like to smell it when i go over there. :)

i've also learned that it's comforting to my children to allow them some items from loved ones who leave us.

never feel bad for missing her. there is no set time for us to be allowed to grieve. it can take forever. but your life will go on in many special ways! :)

sebastianblonde

Fuerza loco, todo el apoyo para este momento dificil. Buenisimo que rescates lo positivo.

Abrazo

ivanrodero

Thanks maddingo, thanks Victor I appreciate it.

Annie, you made me think a lot on what I should do sorting all this stuff she left behind... at first I didn't knew what to do and I had a really hard time throwing all... I'm now just reliving memories, trying to keep the best ones and move forward... I saw her glasses too and after reading you I felt it was a nice thing to have from her, I smile every time I see them...

Gracias Sebastian, lo positivo es lo importante :^) Abrazo.

narwhals14

I wish you the best. Shes in a better place now.

soloyo
soloyo profile pic Alumni

Ojala y que pronto el dolor que sientes sea reemplazado por sonrisas cada vez que la recuerdes. Cuando murio mi padre yo no podia verme al espejo pues me paresco mucho a el fisicamente y eso me deprimia y me asustaba un poco. Ahora veo en el espejo un poco menos de el y un poco mas de mi y mi hijo (que se parece a ambos y a la vez es si mismo) la magia de la genetica.

Recuerda siempre a tu madre con amor y nunca olvidez que ella seguira siempre viva en tu mente y en las enseñanzas que te dejo inculcadas para el resto de tu vida. Te mando un fuerte abrazo.

littlem

i'm so glad you are keeping some things! i regret not keeping more things, but i have plenty of memories. :)

No account?
Join Us