Close
One second...

Sloganwars 5 (Round 3: THEME: MOVIES AND TV!)

Going to try a new and I think better idea this time around (thanks Ragnampiza). Every slogan writer will be paired with a designer. Then we will do a tournament. You will get a new topic each round. This means more designing for the designers but I think it could be a lot of fun.

EVERYONE SUBMIT YOUR ROUND 3 DESIGN ON 3/31
THEME: FLYING OBJECTS

TOP DESIGNS SCORE TOTAL WINS!
RULES:
Each pair will submit one design.
Everyone will submit on the same day.

Pairs:
jeffreyg & nintechno
Boiled Fly & FRICKINAWESOME
campkatie & soloyo
Wharton & goliath72
BeanePod & rossmat8
palitosci & shadyjibes
ahmad ifan rofiyandi & bygrinstow
Theo86 & Mountain Gnome

ROUND 3 THEME: MOVIES AND TV

LOGO

Watch this
Page:
  1. 1
  2. 2
  3. 3
  4. 4
  5. 5
rossmat8

Guess not...

rossmat8

I'll give this one last bump if nobody responds I'll delete it.

bygrinstow

Whoa -- SW5!

I think I did one of these once... : )

The new site is making it tricky to be on the site -- so many things don't work, or only sorta work... Like, if I want to do this, how can I follow it, since I the forum filter isn't working?

And where are our shields and where did our prints go?

rossmat8

I'm still using the old site its what my browser goes to by default I don't like change

bygrinstow

I tried to get back to the old site for awhile, but it kept forwarding me here to the new site. Although I did click on a link and hit someone's profile in old-site-mode once, and then when I left that page, it was back to the new site.

You, I, and others were told we'd have shields. I can wait, but I do expect them to show up. Also, on the new site, as is, we don't have any print credits to our names, because ours were typetees... : ( That's wrong.

Manupix

Your persistence is admirable!

rossmat8

thanks

bygrinstow

So what's the plan here? We dream up slogans like we did back in the Jurassic, and then just post them here, waiting patiently for someone to design them and make us both/all/me famous...?

goliath72

i have slogans too!!! im in!

rossmat8

I'll post a theme and if we can't get designers interested I'll figure someway to reward my favorite. I refuse to let slogans completely disappear from the site.

rossmat8

I'm thinking maybe Holidays for the theme. Have a great Thanksgiving everyone.

goliath72

Same to you buddy!!

NEED DESIGNERS~!!

Ragnampiza

Manupix on Nov 15 '12 at 10:47pm Your persistence is admirable!

Btw, where the "War" part of this challenge go if you just post slogan to be designed without rating them? I think we should push this challenge a bit forward and make it the alter-ego of the Threadwar challenge. Here's how i just thought it could work:

1) let sloganeers and designer subscribe 2) randomly match a designer to a sloganeer 3) do different rounds with eliminations based on the score the design get and the rating of the slogan that have been previously voted (not sure about this part, maybe only the design score should count, just to not make it too complicated) 4) go on till we have a winner.

Maybe the sloganeer/designer match thing could be redone for every round. Sounds cool?

Either way this is going to be, i'm in.

Mountain Gnome

Hey I wanna be in on this... However/whatever form it takes

Mountain Gnome

Hey I wanna be in on this... However/whatever form it takes

nintechno

yes please!

rossmat8

The "war" part will be the final designs going against each other. I like that idea Ragnampiza but I'm afraid that will take a lot more commitment than we could get.

Slogans or design Boiled fly?

Ragnampiza

I think we should try that, maybe with some rules and a more challenging contest, we could have more people participating. And it's also important to spread the news.

Btw, if anyone it's up for the logo, then i'd take it.

rossmat8

We'll try it and see how this goes

Ragnampiza

Yay! Time to spread the word now! i'll do my best at it asap.

rossmat8

thanks. Are you in as a designer?

FRICKINAWESOME

When did this shindig fire up???

IN!

And maybe I'll even submit something before the deadline this time! A fella can dream...

rossmat8

Sweet!

Can you round up some of your designer friends?

FRICKINAWESOME

Those hooligans on a Saturday evening are probably getting drunk together and drawing wonderfully detailed penis shafts and labia lips on each other's passed-out faces.

I'll see what i can do though...

Ragnampiza

@Ross: of course as a designer... I'm not that good at slogan thinking.

rossmat8

Would like to get 6 more designers I think that would be a perfect setup

Ragnampiza

Wait, there's a bit of a problem: how can we have this work if sloganeers and designers are not the same number?

I think we should have a limit of people in each category (and if we're going to do a match between two teams every round, we should have 8 teams or 16, otherwise it could be a little complicated...)

Ragnampiza

Never mind, didn't see your comment when typing the above comment.

campkatie

I'm down.

jeffreyg
jeffreyg profile pic Staff

sign me up for designer

BeanePod

i'm down for designing if that's okay w/ you guys

Wharton
1 design submitted - Score now!

I would be interested but I've got so much work on at the moment I'm not sure I'd have time. Can you put me down as a 'maybe'.

Ragnampiza

Yay! seems like it's going to work!

rossmat8

Getting some great names here need at least 2 more maybe 3.

BeanePod

awesome, bump!

dudeowl

hey, me me!

Shadyjibes

yes!!! this is going to be awesome!!

rossmat8

1 more unless Wharton wants to make his maybe a yes. If this goes well we will try to get more people involved next time. Even though this is #5 this is our first time trying it this way.

dudeowl

Need more rules. About pairing the sloganers and designers, anything.

P0ckets

I'm interested, but unsure if I have the spare time to commit. How long are the rounds likely to last?

Page:
  1. 1
  2. 2
  3. 3
  4. 4
  5. 5
No account?