Close
One second...

My First chosen design with the new payment & right system

I'm glad finally one of my design has chosen. But i don't know have to be glad or sad with the new payment & right system. It's a bit confusing and shady for me. But at least I got the awesome alumni kit.

Check it out :

Thanks

Watch this
danrule
danrule profile pic Alumni
1 design submitted -

what was the payment / royalty & rights for this?

radiomode
radiomode profile pic Alumni
1 design submitted -

i believe it is $250 with 10% royalty

Steger
Steger profile pic Alumni

No more $250. Just 10% per shirt straight up on DTG.

WijanaTata
WijanaTata profile pic Alumni
drewski79 said:

No more $250. Just 10% per shirt straight up on DTG.

That's it.. and no giftcode & free t-shirt

WijanaTata

But at least I'll get the alumni kit

Goldendust

That's crazy... It feels kinda unthreadlessy without a fixed cash prize IMHO. But I guess for the fact that they're selling exact quantities with DTG, 10% is pretty reasonable. I hope it sells well!

louisroskosch
louisroskosch profile pic Alumni

why is it like this?

louisroskosch
louisroskosch profile pic Alumni

dont worry i've read the thread about it now haha.

WijanaTata
heykimby said:

That's crazy... It feels kinda unthreadlessy without a fixed cash prize IMHO. But I guess for the fact that they're selling exact quantities with DTG, 10% is pretty reasonable. I hope it sells well!

Things changes on threadless lately, maybe they have a good reason to do that. Even though it will decrease spirit of the competition (in my opinion)

radiomode
1 design submitted -

Tdk ada dp-nya? kalo kmu baca2 thread di forum alumni, sblmmnya ada program, namanya Threadless Lab. Hasil dr prog DTG ini lumayn minim, jd org pada komplen.

AlanBao
AlanBao profile pic Alumni

I had no idea there's a new payment system... Can anyone explain to me what's changed exactly? (And also, why the submission section still promises up to $2000 upfront?)

Also, not to be a doof or anything, but what is a DTG?

Jordan_Bender
Jordan_Bender profile pic Alumni
1 design submitted -

Where's the thread that explains it in full detail? I can't find it.

bottleHeD

That link returns a 404.

Anyway, am I right in assuming that the 10% is only for the addition challenge prints? Regular prints and challenge winners would still get the cash upfront, right?

danrule
danrule profile pic Alumni
1 design submitted -

yeah, those aren't good terms. shame because it's a great drawing

briancook
briancook profile pic Alumni

Did you have a choice? Cause they way the blog is written it sounds like it's your call...

1: Cash + Royalty for inventoried items on Threadless.com. There are tiers here that depend on what the product is. We'll keep an updated chart up on the site to describe which products are currently in which tiers. There are $500, $1,000 & $2,000 tiers that each include a 3% royalty on net sales after the Xth unit is sold. The fourth tier is a $250 option with 10% royalty starting at unit 1. This covers the core Threadless.com product opportunities you guys are all familiar with. To be clear, in this category you'll still earn the same up-front payment for your designs like always. No up-front payment amounts have changed.

WijanaTata
radiomode said:

Tdk ada dp-nya? kalo kmu baca2 thread di forum alumni, sblmmnya ada program, namanya Threadless Lab. Hasil dr prog DTG ini lumayn minim, jd org pada komplen.

Sy sudah tnya & tdk ada. Payment dilakukan stlh royalti mncapai min $250. Iya sy sudah baca, isi kontraknya sdikit beda dgn yg mereka rncanakan.

WijanaTata
bottleHeD said:

That link returns a 404.

Anyway, am I right in assuming that the 10% is only for the addition challenge prints? Regular prints and challenge winners would still get the cash upfront, right?

I don't know about the other contract.

WijanaTata
Chengui said:

Did you have a choice? Cause they way the blog is written it sounds like it's your call...

1: Cash + Royalty for inventoried items on Threadless.com. There are tiers here that depend on what the product is. We'll keep an updated chart up on the site to describe which products are currently in which tiers. There are $500, $1,000 & $2,000 tiers that each include a 3% royalty on net sales after the Xth unit is sold. The fourth tier is a $250 option with 10% royalty starting at unit 1. This covers the core Threadless.com product opportunities you guys are all familiar with. To be clear, in this category you'll still earn the same up-front payment for your designs like always. No up-front payment amounts have changed.

Nope, I thought it's no.2:

2: On Demand items on Threadless.com. For these opportunities, we're paying 10% royalties on net sales starting at unit 1. This is for things like the iPhone cases and wall art. It will also cover any on demand printed clothing.

BurritoGoblin
BurritoGoblin profile pic Alumni

Are you guys suuure ? Seems to me like the 10% royalty with no $250 thing is just for wall art and iphone cases, but t-designs still get $250 in addition.

celandinestern
celandinestern profile pic Alumni

I think there is in fact a new 'on demand only' category that gives only royalties and nothing else.

radiomode
1 design submitted -

Kalo gt mrk yakin stdknya kmu pasti dpt lebih dr $250 (walau g tau kpn pastinya). Kalo gak, mn mngkin diminta tnggu smp 250.

Gak tau jg ni, Threadless mkn menyedihkan aj. Sy mati2an nolak pas ada posting di alumni forum soal perubahan system, krn sy yakin, n mmg scr logika, prog baru ini tdk akan menghslkan uang lbh bnyk untuk desainer. Yg ada Threadlessnya sendr sj yg mkn gd.

Tp mo gmn lg.

briancook
briancook profile pic Alumni

Ahhhhhh....gotcha!

eQuivalent
eQuivalent profile pic Alumni
1 design submitted -

:(

jeffreyg
jeffreyg profile pic Staff

celandinestern on Nov 11 '12 at 4:00pm I think there is in fact a new 'on demand only' category that gives only royalties and nothing else.

^

WijanaTata

Ya, di kontraknya dtulis periode itung-itungan royaltinya 3 bln sekali, & paymentnya antara 45harian stlah periode.

Keliatannya sih skarng mrk cari aman, mungkin sistem sblumnya krg mnghasilkan atau malah merugikan. Mskipun hasilnya krg memuaskan desainer. Ya mau gmn lagi mrka yg pnya aturan.

dudeowl
dudeowl profile pic Alumni

Ini berarti penjualan mereka menurun.

Steger

My Pinball Countdown shirt is DTG (Direct To Garment) printed. No up front payment. It's also being printed on the wrong color shirt, but currently trying to figure that out with the Artist Liasons.

jeffreyg
jeffreyg profile pic Staff

@drewski they sometimes change the shirt color if they see it fit better on a diff color

Steger

Yeah, but I wish they would at least communicate that before hand instead of just finding out when it's printed. Plus the design i did was made to have the shirt color come through. Here's how I submitted it originally. If I had known they were going to put it on white I would have put the cream into the design file i sent them. It looks too stark with the white coming through and goes against the vintage poster feel I was trying to give the design.

Here's how it looks on black too, which would have been a better alternative than white I think.

WijanaTata
jeffreyg said:

@drewski they sometimes change the shirt color if they see it fit better on a diff color

No account?