Close
One second...

3.3 for Come here you little prick! Awesome :)

Ended with a 3.3 score! My highest one yet, thanks for voting and helping with this WIP :)

it's up!

http://thrdl.es/~/DqK

Update #2:

Needle went on a diet:

Update:

Needle is more pointy. Can't make it very thin though since it will be a problem with its eyes / mouth. This ok or..?

By the way, here's the original sub

Original post:

Hi there! How are you doing?

In case you where wondering, I'm doing a little bit better. Was able to ride my bike last week for the first time in months and it was awesome! The injured foot is still deciding if it wants full blown CRPS or not, time will tell. It will be ok.. or something like that. :)

Anyway, time for a WIP! This is a redo of one of my first subs. I'd like to know what you think, and one thing I'm struggling with: Should I add text/title? Like, should the spool say 'Come here you little prick!' ? That was the original title too. Any other suggestions, critique.. tell me!

Watch this
Manupix

Lovely! No text please. You should edit the link with the old blog html, so the image can be seen on both old and new sites.

Congrats on the bike ride! =)

soloyo
soloyo profile pic Alumni

Yes and no

Love the cone of thread and the way it is using the thread as a lazo but the needle needs some work. Could use one of those half circle needle instead so it can be on the floor as if it was running away. This kind of needle

cococosy

Thank you both for commenting, will look into it tomorrow :)

cococosy
Manupix said:

Lovely! No text please. You should edit the link with the old blog html, so the image can be seen on both old and new sites.

Congrats on the bike ride! =)

thanks, fixed it :)

TheInfamousBaka
TheInfamousBaka profile pic Alumni

I can see a lot of craft nerds wearing the hell out of this. It's adorable! I liked the original version, but I think the lines help it pop quite a bit more.

cococosy
soloyo said:

Yes and no

Love the cone of thread and the way it is using the thread as a lazo but the needle needs some work. Could use one of those half circle needle instead so it can be on the floor as if it was running away. This kind of needle

Like your ideas, got stuck on making the needle 'jump' the first time around so let that idea go back then. It could work with these surgical needles except for the fact that the 'regular' needle and thread idea gets lost. These being for surgery and stuff :) But thanks for the useful tips anyhow :)

cococosy
TheInfamousBaka said:

I can see a lot of craft nerds wearing the hell out of this. It's adorable! I liked the original version, but I think the lines help it pop quite a bit more.

Ha, awesome comment! Thank you :) the lines work better over at TL, somehow

soloyo
soloyo profile pic Alumni

Those needles are not use only for surgical procedures. They are actuallly great tools when use in leather and plastic.

Anyway a regular needle might work better if it is not jumping, maybe add a bit of grass or a fence so it can look a bit more like a cow

goliath72
goliath72 profile pic Alumni

i agree maybe a regular needle but this is great!

cococosy

@soloyo oops you're right! I just looked up 'hechtnaalden' like the image's name and Dutch wiki only mentioned it for surgery purposes. Never seen them before, so learned something new. :)

@goliath72 thank you :) what do you mean by a regular needle? The really thin ones?

@celandinestern thanks! :)

Manupix

The needle might be slightly curved, just to convey movement. Diet is better!

jmberrueta

Looks cute. I'd go for the diet version too. What about keeping the head of the needle big, while making it's shaft thinner?

pkirbyart

Sew far, sew good, ya little prick!

Giggedy.

cococosy

@jmberrueta maybe I'll give it another shot, tried so many things already.. Anyhow; thanks a lot for the suggestion :)

@pkirbyart Giggedy :D

agrimony
agrimony profile pic Alumni

Hey that looks cool!

agrimony
agrimony profile pic Alumni

diet version please

Sintalento
Sintalento profile pic Alumni

diet version looks much better, go for it!

cococosy

Ok thanks everyone! Diet needle is subbed :)

spacesick
spacesick profile pic Alumni

you are my world

cococosy

Still pending :(

louisroskosch
louisroskosch profile pic Alumni

i think the original was good already.

cococosy
Dan Yingling said:

up!

Whoa! You work magic Dan, thank you :)

cococosy
louisroskosch said:

i think the original was good already.

Thanks.. but it's a little late ;)

Steve The Great

I can't vote for this, it's way too cute.

Manupix

Done!

cococosy

Steve, that is an odd but cute comment. Can I convince you to score it anyway?

Manupix, thanks.. You're awesome :)

Wharton
Wharton profile pic Alumni

How do you make everything so soft and lovely? You're like illustration conditioner.

cococosy
Wharton said:

How do you make everything so soft and lovely? You're like illustration conditioner.

We came to the conclusion in another WIP blog (ocean fresh, the whale eating soap), that I use baby fabric softener. ;)

cococosy

..last chance ;)

Wharton

For...?

cococosy

It was the last chance to.. give this girl a chance to get a shield one day.

Wharton

You're a dead cert, its just a matter of time.

What were you asking about graphic design on FB?

cococosy

:) well, let's hope so. It's good to see you're finally with shield.

Oh yeah, about that.. I was wondering what your background was, know how you got to where you are now regarding 'designing'. Just curious how other people did / do it :)

Wharton

Are you studying at the moment? I went to a fairly good university in Bath, graduated about 4/5 years ago and have been freelancing since. How about you and the letterpress business?

cococosy

Ok! It's always nice to have that degree. Did you have a regular job next to freelancing? Also, just wondering since I have the idea that a lot of people have a parttime job next to freelancing.. at least for a couple of years.

I'm studying at the moment, commercial graphic design. Started after I was (digital) drawing for a while. Seemed useful to learn about the basics and learn to work as a freelancer in the future. It's nice that I can do this study at home too.

Letterpress is going really well, but we're not working with my designs right now. Lack of time and lots of commissioned work for mr. Moetmoet. :)

Wharton

freelancing can be a tricky business financial security wise. Naturally there are no guarantees of an income and for a long time my work was very infrequent, but little by little you build up a client base and people see your work more and more.

How far into your program are you? What do you mean exactly by 'commercial' graphic design? The work over at moet moet looks great! Not to mention familiar.

No account?