Close
One second...

Unequal scoring period..

Some designs in the same contest have between 7 or 20 days of total scoring period.. Kind of unfair, isn't it?

Watch this
_EffinSweet_
_EffinSweet_ profile pic Alumni

i saw that.. if you submit early you have plenty time to be scored, if you submit on the last day you only have a week

TheInfamousBaka
TheInfamousBaka profile pic Alumni

I think I'll start submitting later. I feel like the longer a design is up the more the score is going to go down.

_EffinSweet_
_EffinSweet_ profile pic Alumni

if only you could submit so that there is only 1 minute for scoring and then you give yourself a 5 and BAM! scoring closes..

that would suck though

EZFL
EZFL profile pic Alumni

then theres this:

they hold those little "score 100 designs, win a GC" contests near the end of the submission deadline. People jump all over that and vote on the first 100 designs they see... those 100 designs are the last/most recent designs put up. They get a crazy amount of votes and everyone else gets shit.

celandinestern
celandinestern profile pic Alumni

hahahah.

yeah, it's the way the atrium has been working all along. I think it's kinda lame too.

another site i sometimes post to has a submissions period for each competition, while the pieces are just being amassed somewhere, and then they all open for scoring at the same time and score for the same amount of time. It's not a bad system if you ask me.

ArTrOcItY
ArTrOcItY profile pic Alumni

I was going to open the blog with a same topic. I have six designs in running and it seems the scoring will never end, the first one I submitted was more than two months ago and it's still in running?!

spacesick
spacesick profile pic Alumni

oh no. I don't like the sound of this.

gumbolimbo
gumbolimbo profile pic Alumni

How can I take cunning advantage of this, is the first question that comes to mind..

Free_Bee
Free_Bee profile pic Alumni
gumbolimbo said:

How can I take cunning advantage of this, is the first question that comes to mind..

speaking of which, has anyone noticed the glitch that lets you see other peoples scores on designs still in the running? lol

dampa
dampa profile pic Alumni

I hope threadless will be more fair, by choosing a design:(

ArTrOcItY

Now two of mine finally finished scoring, it was for Worn in challenge and now they disappeared and I can't find them, I didn't even get to see a final score..:(

ArTrOcItY

I've goggled a name of my designs and I found them, I see the score but I don't see comments...

eyejacker21

My submission (still scoring for 2 weeks now) was steadily in the top 10 designs (average score), until those promo score 100 emails went out. It had roughly 500 scores then amassed in a period of 7 days roughly. Once that email went out it jumped to about 1000 scores within 3 or 4 hours and dropped about 10 places. Today it is at 1700 scores and at around position 50. I'm not saying it still deserves to be in the top 10, only that those emails really affect the final score of a tee. The problem is that this jump in scoring might be the result of someone hastily scoring 100 tees, in order to take part in a competition to win some headphones, and not taking the time to look at the designs. This is also facilitated by the new ability to quick score 30 tees on one page in less than 10 seconds... :-/

filgouvea
filgouvea profile pic Alumni

I don't like this. Do you know what else is nuts? Most of the designs in the Warn-in first page (average score) have the same 2.92 final score. So weird, both of my designs have the same score too one was up for the normal 7 days period (202 votes) and the other for I don't know how long (751 votes). Is this a bug too?

palitosci
palitosci profile pic Alumni

I saw 25 design with 2.92 score on worn-in ... It's ok?

I think that should equal days for all submits (in each contest) it'll be equal

Farnell
Farnell profile pic Alumni

I am not subbing anymore until comments start appearing again on safari - new site is driving me mad

maphisto

I have noticed this few days ago and was very surprised. It seems to be really unfair, later posted works have minimal chance, I guess.

Colorful Medley

celandinestern

that's a lot of weird stuff happening, really. the 2.92 score is really strange, no way that can be natural. I saw other people commenting about it too.

I also think - but this is an issue as old as the Atrium - that somehow all pieces should score for the same amount of time, even in contests. One solution would be to have a 2 month submitting period for a contest, during which no pieces go up, and then have a week-long scoring period when they are all released for voting. And regular subs would still work the regular way, one week from when they're subbed. It would even out the field.

speakerine
speakerine profile pic Alumni

One solution would be to have a 2 month submitting period for a contest, during which no pieces go up, and then have a week-long scoring period when they are all released for voting. And regular subs would still work the regular way, one week from when they're subbed.

total agree with Lidija..

celandinestern

haha I actually meant to write 'two week' as opposed to 'two month'. But I do think the principle is sound.

Goldendust

That recurring 2.92 score seems particularly strange to me...

celandinestern

also a lot of last-minute entries to contests have been popping up really late. Mathiole's two additions to Taking Leaps only showed up yesterday, with just three days of voting left.

No account?
Join Us