Close
One second...

WIP - 'tis but a scratchcard V2!

Something I've been working on for ages but only just got round to executing. I know this needs some heavy work but I'm at a lost end, so help please!

Watch this
EZFL
EZFL profile pic Alumni
2 designs submitted - Score now!

i think this could be done on and off the computer...

illustrate everything digitally, then print it out and assemble it, then photograph and edit in ps.

_EffinSweet_
_EffinSweet_ profile pic Alumni

nice concept hahaha

staffell
staffell profile pic Alumni

Hmm interesting - you mean assemble it to make it look a bit better perspectively? The perspective is just a trial btw.

EZFL
EZFL profile pic Alumni
2 designs submitted - Score now!

like this:

staffell

Ah, so you mean layering it? Thing is, this isn't a Threadless design, so I only have 6 colours to play with.

staffell

Bump

JLK

Really fun concept! Maybe make "Ye Olde Lotterie" stand out a bit more? Maybe a background shape to hold the words.

staffell

I think I might move it down to the bottom and turn it into a logo with a medieval font.

staffell

anybody else?

quick-brown-fox
quick-brown-fox profile pic Alumni
4 designs submitted - Score now!

I can't put my finger on it. It almost looks too nice & clean, scratch cards always seem to have too much information on and look incredibly crowded. What about some symbols under the limbs or something? Like a bunny rabbit, a holy grail, a cow - a bit of a "match 3" kind of deal.

celandinestern
celandinestern profile pic Alumni

I've got nothing. I think it looks awesome.

staffell

My original design had just the scroll as the card...might revisit it.

staffell

I think I might add some extra symbols and superfluous numbers....not too sure about the symbols, but I think I'll change the background to a blue with curvy lines as you see in most cards.

staffell

Like on

quick-brown-fox

Try Thine Luck Win 20,000 groats, livestock or mud

Gar0
Gar0 profile pic Alumni

Solid idea, mate.

I think the feel you lack in yours, Dave is the smack, in yer face, you could be rich! type language. Your graphics need to be more much exuberant. The payoff - 9 bronze pieces - could change to something more simple and eye catching, like 'Bag o' Gold'.

staffell

Ah, but I want it to stay true to the actually black knight scene, so what you actually win is safe passage. Make sense?

staffell

X bronze pieces is the cost of the card :p probably not clear enough. I might change it to groats or something, but thanks for input errrbody

Gar0
Gar0 profile pic Alumni

then not have any reference to money at all, have 'Win Safe Passage!', but it would still need to be at the top of the hierarchy of the design.

quick-brown-fox

Yep, that makes sense I think. A big 'Win Safe Passage' would work well.

staffell

Win thine safe passage seems like a good bet :]

spacesick
spacesick profile pic Alumni

nice!

spacesick
spacesick profile pic Alumni

yes safe passage

staffell

thanks! one last bump before bed for ideas

staffell

still fiddling wit colours

digsy
digsy profile pic Alumni
Gar0 said:

Solid idea, mate.

I think the feel you lack in yours, Dave is the smack, in yer face, you could be rich! type language. Your graphics need to be more much exuberant. The payoff - 9 bronze pieces - could change to something more simple and eye catching, like 'Bag o' Gold'.

This

quick-brown-fox said:

(could the scroll be the card?)

And this

staffell

Just in response to those, I kind of agree with the terminology, but as I said above, the payoff is just free passage (to try and stay true to the scene).

I did try it as a scroll, but the black knight gets kinda lost...plus the etedt doesn't fit on properly :p

Bio-bot 9000
Bio-bot 9000 profile pic Alumni

I had to google Groat to figure out what a groat was:

Groat (coin), one of several coins formerly used in England, Ireland, Scotland, British Guiana, and the British West Indies.

Groat (grain), a form of processed cereal grain.

I've never heard of groats before, and I'm not sure how familiar Americans are with the terminology. You might try shilling or farthing, which are more familiar to my ignorant brain.

staffell

I've actually already changed it out for gold coin, cos I wasn't happy with groat.

I've also changed the lower text to 'expose iv fleshe woundes to win'

staffell

staffell

Bumpppp

No account?