So I"m gonna get eaten alive by a hurricane next week

Watch this
Page:
  1. 1
  2. 2
  3. 3
BeanePod
BeanePod profile pic Alumni

i had just finalized everything for a conference that our company was holding in delaware involving months of back and forth with dover downs....signing contracts.....altering contracts...creating conference materials....blah blah f'n blah.

everything was finally f'n done.....then my bosses made me cancel because of this f'n storm....F......U.....C.....K!!!!!!!!!

jeffreyg
jeffreyg profile pic Staff

same here. my boss already told me i have monday and tuesday off cause of the storm

Twiggyhall

Lame!

Be safe, everyone!!!

nonbloggerholly

i will be working overtime because of this storm :(

[+duracell-]

Mmm yeah, I'm getting a bit skerd. I think I will actually be one of "those people" who stocks up on supplies this time.

group hug

mike bautista
mike bautista profile pic Alumni

950 megabites of pressure!

Twiggyhall

And by supplies, Chad means lots of good beer

WarDrobeInSpareOom

Brian and I are supposed to be moving during all this. So. That's pretty awesome.

[+duracell-]

Haha yeah twigs. After I get a couple water cooler jugs, it will be beer time. I am thinking Sierra Nevada Narwhal would pair perfectly with this storm.

Twiggyhall

Yowza! Get a bunker, you two!

ir0cko
ir0cko profile pic Alumni

If you don't make it, may I have your camera?

ir0cko
ir0cko profile pic Alumni

Just kidding. Stay safe, stg and everyone else!

shirtflirt

you won't die you'll multiply

[+duracell-]

Stopped at the grocery store last night. The essentials were getting way low. Water shelves - totally empty.. bread and milk - barely anything good.. TP - I have plenty, didn't check that aisle.

Think i will start making ice today to pack into a chest cooler. Can't have all my food go bad.

WarDrobeInSpareOom

Randy, that's awful!

You know Steve has more than one camera, you hog.

[+duracell-]

Attention guy raking leaves: When the storm hits, everyones leaves will be everwhere. Just sayin'.

the czar

Haha guess they can't help themselves.

Not looking forward to this , last year was bad enough. Only good thing is it has been a dry summer so the reservoirs are low.

[+duracell-]

D cell batteries becoming nonexistent

taz-pie

I would be terrified. I have never experienced anyhting natural disasterish before.

derekrigby

Please don't get eaten by the hurricane.

the czar

Jeez they are really talking this thing up. Stocked up o. Water did the food shopping, got ice, have plenty of batteries. Now I just have to wait and see. Plus lotsa candles.

tracerbullet
tracerbullet profile pic Alumni

Philly is pretty much completely shut down tomorrow. My office is closed, so I just plan on staying inside all day and watching the crazy rain. I really hope I don't lose power. I only have one book in my apartment at the moment since most of my stuff is in the new place.

WarDrobeInSpareOom

One good thing about east Tennessee:

The east or Florida gets a hurricane, Tennessee gets rain. The midwest gets tornadoes, Tennessee gets rain. The north gets a blizzard, Tennessee gets cold rain.

WarDrobeInSpareOom

It's the mountains, man. It breaks up all that weather crap.

tracerbullet

at least we don't get mountain invaders

the czar

Damn Cape May and Wildwood already have a foot of water from the surge.

tracerbullet

philly could get six inches or so of rain, which is apparently equivalent to about five feet of snow if this were a blizzard. craaaaaazy.

SnakeMan
SnakeMan profile pic Alumni

it's not even raining here because those giant computer model track lines go right over my house. the neighbors are getting it though.

[+duracell-]

WHO DO YOU THINK YOU ARE I AM

SnakeMan
SnakeMan profile pic Alumni

saying it's stronger now, 85 mph winds.

_EffinSweet_
_EffinSweet_ profile pic Alumni

Move to South Africa.. We only have Cricket Ball size Hail.. Nothing major

[+duracell-]

I live in the York area. Basically right behind SnakeMan. :(

tracerbullet

it seems like the storm has slowed down, which means it's going to probably rain even more on wednesday. this is gonna be a fun move.

TheInfamousBaka
TheInfamousBaka profile pic Alumni

Is it going to turn into snow up north or just be really cold rain and high winds? I second the yay for Tennessee weather.

nonbloggerholly

I work in an industry that profits from this shit. I will be working at least 60 hours this week if it's as bad as it is supposed to be up here.

Steve The Great

OH MY GOD IT'S RAINING!!!!!!!!!!!

(holly is a predator on society. She should quit her job and leave her husband and come backpacking around the country with me)

Page:
  1. 1
  2. 2
  3. 3
No account?
Join Us