Close
One second...

Rock the Vote

So I got invited to be a part of the Rock the Vote social media campaign. KEWL! I thought it could be cool to do this as more of a Threadless community project(starting with the alumni). This is basically what they originally sent me:

The Rock the Vote guy liked the idea and assigned us November 3rd, which is three days til the election. So our idea is to try to get as many of y'all involved by drawing (simply in black marker or pen) a trio of anything you see fit. It could be 3 amigos, 3 lil' pigs, 3 men and a 3 lil' babies, 3 cats with 3 legs, 3 tripods, 3 refrigerators, 3 Mary Kate Olsens... anything really... as long as it's not partisan and not vulgar and no one else is drawing 3 of what you're drawing. I'll then collage all these trios together by splitting them apart for the background of our visual countdown. This way viewers can try and search for the trios. Betsy, our copywriter is working on our slogan which will go in the foreground. Then on November 3rd Rock the Vote will throw our little piece of art all over the internet(we'll help with that too).

What do y'all think? You can start by calling dibs on what your trios are gonna be In this blog. Then you just need to post your drawings by friday if possible.

Yeah!
VOTE!

Some quick examples coming!

Watch this
campkatie
1 design submitted - Score now!

cool! can I do three threes?

betsym

Triplets.

arzie13

New rule: Let's make all of our objects have faces!

Katie: 3's with faces are cool

Philip: Rock's are also cool

celandinestern

would it be ok to use part of something previously subbed? I have three cicadas that would love to participate in this. Also I can draw three new ones if necessary.

arzie13

Sure, they just need to be sketchy looking.

celandinestern

does this look sketchy? I can do sketchier.

arzie13

Ha, yeah. Try a 60 second version of that with a sharpie marker. Rock the Vote loves the Sharpie look.

briancook

I want to draw.....pigs!

briancook

OR...I will draw CERBERUS!

briancook

Oh, nevermind...you can't split them apart if it's cerberus :/

I'll do the pigs.

agrimony

ill see about doing some 3 blind mice

arzie13

Andrea - Perfect Aaron - Go for it!

ArTrOcItY

Cool, thanks!:) Can't wait to see what everyone comes up with!

celandinestern

ahhh andrea's is adorableeee! ok I'll still do three cicadas, just sketchy.

arzie13

Some staff examples(think doodles!):

It's easy and quick! HALP!

valorandvellum

Three's Company?

Three blind mice?

Three musketeers?

Also, you should post about this in BRC!

jesshanebury
jesshanebury profile pic Staff

HEY! DRAW THINGS.

valorandvellum

All the staff drawings are mostly faces and small objects. Is this more of a face only thing? Keep the drawings simple?

jesshanebury
jesshanebury profile pic Staff

simple but not only faces! it can be absolutely anything (not vulgar) in groups of three!

arzie13

Things that make you think of the election and 'mericuh would be cool! Love to see an international take too.

valorandvellum

Cheese and bowling pins make people think of the election? Hahaha!

palitosci

Im not alumni but made it

3 plastic cups (the ball is always in the center)

briancook

GHOSTIES!

arzie13

Yes! Yeah, anyone can do this. Not limited to alumni!

agrimony

3 blind mice

arzie13

Nice! Looking great and keep em coming!

jeffreyg
jeffreyg profile pic Staff

lol did this with sharpies really quick at work..

alexmdc
alexmdc profile pic Staff

Here is mine - see no evil, speak no evil, hear no evil - zombies

ArTrOcItY

Make that into a shirt, Alex!

celandinestern

dancing ballot boxes. they look like that, right?

celandinestern

I bought a sharpie just to do this :)

arzie13

Okay... Didn't get enough stuff here. Gonna use what I can though! Big thanks, those that helped out.

celandinestern

I don't really understand anything on their fb page but I'm excited to see what comes of this :) too bad you didn't get more stuff to use!!!

pyr4lis

yeah sorry I intended to do something but I had family visiting from across the country.. then they got stranded from the hurricane and couldn't get home and I just forgot :/

No account?