when last did you poop?

Watch this
Page:
  1. 1
  2. 2
  3. 3
  4. 4
taz-pie

i am reading Oryx and Crake by Margaret Atwood. so far it is mystifying and kinda depressing.

i need to poop. brb

PeculiarTiffany
PeculiarTiffany profile pic Alumni

I love mystifying yet depressing books. Have you ever read anything by John Connolly? I highly recommend his works! Also, from what I've read of Abarat so far, it seems along those same lines. I haven't read too much... trying to catch up on my comic book reading!

I'm supposed to be working. Meh.

plop plop

taz-pie

i just finished "sputnik sweetheart" by haruki murakami. it was ok.

i also read "the man who mistook his wife for a hat" by someone someone. that was a fascinating read!

am about to start "the beauty myth" by naomi wolf.

taz-pie

NEW QUESTION:

what was the last book that you read that you loved?

Wharton
Wharton profile pic Alumni

i've read Oryx and Crake, it is pretty bleak and some of the back story is quite disturbing too. It has some really interesting ideas in it though about natural selection and genetic engineering. Haruki Murakami is one of my favourite authors too. I'm reading 'wild wood' at the moment, which is a book about trees and a naturalist.

Morkki
Morkki profile pic Alumni

I can't remember the last time I finished a book

PeculiarTiffany

I think the last one I actually finished was A Wizard of Earthsea by Ursula Le Guin. I've started a few books since then but haven't had the dedication to finish them.

taz-pie

yay chris! he is mine too. my favourite so far of his is "kafka on the shore"

taz-pie

morkki can u read r u dum?

Morkki

NO U

taz-pie

has anyone read any of jonathan safran foer's books? I LOVE HIM

or cloud atlas (i know i know the movie is coming out soon)

or "a heartbreaking work of staggering genius"?

Morkki

Right now I have half-finished Neil Gaiman's Anansi Boys and a couple of Discworld novels

toopersent
toopersent profile pic Alumni

I just re-read The Einstein Intersection for the umpteenth time. Its a quick read, but one of my favorites.

PeculiarTiffany

I didn't know Cloud Atlas was a book. Dang, I need to read that. The movie looks amazing.

toopersent

How do you have half-finished Discworld novels? I can never put those down.

taz-pie

the book was soooo incredible. i have NO idea how it will translate into a good movie.

taz-pie

YES gaiman! we can talk again, MORKKI

toopersent

Speaking of Neil Gaiman and Discworld, have you read Good Omens? Another one of my favorites.

Morkki

Sheeeit, Good Omens got me into Gaiman and Pratchett. It's so good

taz-pie

don't all stone me, but i have never read any pratchett. i tried once when i was a teenager, but felt he was just trying to damn hard to be funny. so i gave up.

Morkki

Speaking of Pratchett, I need to pick up The Long Earth. I read a preview and it seemed interesting.

Also there's a new Iain M. Banks novel. Dang!

toopersent

See, I feel the opposite. I've always felt that i must just come so naturally for him. I've always be jealous of that.

taz-pie

i have just come off a murakami binge (sputnik sweetheart, 1Q84 and the windup bird chronicle all after each other.) before that i reread life of pi just for fun.

taz-pie

by the way, my poop was quick and satisying, thanks for asking.

PeculiarTiffany

1Q84 is one of the ones I started then just stopped reading. It was interesting, but progressed so slowly. I do want to finish it though.

taz-pie

1Q84 actually resolved itself quite nicely, unlike most of his oher books. finish it, it is quite satsifying.

d3d
d3d profile pic Alumni

just read The Rum Diary, currently reading Walking Dead. Listening to Alabama Shakes and Black Keys. how's it going?

The Paper Crane
The Paper Crane profile pic Alumni

Just read the Hobbit again ready for the movies this December!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I tried Pratchett and did not like his writing style either.

Wharton
Wharton profile pic Alumni

The Rum Diary is one of my favourite Thompson books, its such a well rounded book

1Q84, is a slow boiler and I'm not sure how I feel about it after the first read, I might have to go back to it. Kafka on the shore is probably one of my favourites too.

I love reading the Hobbit this time of year, I always think of it as a winter book.

taz-pie

i have never listened to either of those bands, leon. will youtube em now.

taz-pie

also, for all those murakami readers, what is with the endless sex scenes of mysterious strangers like sucking off the main character. i am always like, AGAIN?

taz-pie

hey leon you get to see stu and vicky soon! what lovely people. i had a blast with them here :)

taz-pie

holy crap alabama shakes is wonderful on first listen!

SJ27

I am on the couch.

Technically I am reading Orlando by Virginia Woolf but my Kindle battery is dead so I haven't looked at it in a week. I got the preview on The Long Earth by Pratchett and the other guy and I want to get that but Orlando is free and new books are not.

I pooped this morning. It was a good clean poop. Really didn't even need to wipe.

I don't remember the last thing I read and loved.

taz-pie

yay for clean poop!

SJ27

It really starts your day off right!

Morkki

ghost poop!

taz-pie

you know what is the worst? \ poop backsplash.

MAKES ME WANNA BATHE IN BLEACH

SJ27

Ugh. And if that happens in a public toilet. It's usually gross enough just being there, but that just makes me want to die!

taz-pie

why don't we all die of cholera? at least you boys don;t have a vag nearby :/

taz-pie

tmi?

taz-pie

definitely tmi :/

tragos

I really liked Sputnik Sweetheart.

I'm reading too many (well, not actually reading enough of them) books for school.

I'm playing with my puppy & parents' dog. they both pooped this morning.

taz-pie

have you read kafka on the shore yet? BRILLIANT

taz-pie

new question for today: without trying to sound cool (you hipsters)... what cd is in your car RIGHT NOW?

i am currently listening to elbow

Mountain Gnome

Taz I dunno about Murakami. I find his work very annoying to read sometimes. So much pointless information and also super weird sex scenes (not that its bad or anything) just extremely random as if its just plonked in there.

and in the car a.t.m. its pink floyd - best of

Twiggyhall

I didn't read any of this except the Pink Floyd part ^5

toopersent

I'm excited for Ken Follet's new book, Winter of the World. Its the second of a planned trilogy. The first book, Fall of Giants, was marvelous.

His other series, Pillars of Earth and World Without End, are two of my favorites. Also, World Without End TV miniseries premiers on Wednesday (tommorow!)

tracerbullet
tracerbullet profile pic Alumni

DeeAnn keeps trying to convince me that my cat smells like poop, but she DOESN'T. DeeAnn is a lying jerk.

The Paper Crane
The Paper Crane profile pic Alumni

CD in car = Devendra Banhart - Crippled Crow (My all time fav music artist).

Page:
  1. 1
  2. 2
  3. 3
  4. 4
No account?
Join Us