Close
One second...

NEW SITE! - What do you like/dislike?

I'm using the new Threadless site in lieu of the old one to try and get used to the new format. Here are a few of my likes and dislikes.

- General layout is nice and clean and easy to navigate
- The comment previews and convenient rich text editing
- Profiles are nice and clean
- How when you go to the forum, the only thing you see are the regular blogs and not EVERYTHING
- DING DONG THE ZERO IS DEAD

Dislikes
- Format/size of the new sub previews (makes sense for the website, not so much for shirt shapes)
- Can't find designs to vote on from the blogs anymore (i.e., looking for familiar/purple names that have been recently commented on)
- No more fancy banner/sub thumbnail thingies (for now). :-(

So that's all I've got right now.

What about you?

Watch this
Page:
  1. 1
  2. 2
  3. 3
  4. 4
  5. 5
  6. 6
  7. 7
  8. 8
  9. 9
  10. ... 9
jeffreyg
jeffreyg profile pic Staff

i dont like how you cant choose the thumbnail for your avatar and it picks a random square from your picture instead haha

wowrainbows
wowrainbows profile pic Alumni
1 design submitted -

Format/size of the new sub previews (makes sense for the website, not so much for shirt shapes)

Agreed. This is the worst.

bortwein
bortwein profile pic Alumni

palitosci
palitosci profile pic Alumni

Great! I would like doing it but my english is very bad...

LIKE - General Layout - Preview for comments - Shop: like option to see design or photography and filter.

DISLIKE - Format/size of the new sub previews (makes sense for the website, not so much for shirt shapes) For me is a serious mistake .. - Where is LIVE section? Really visited a lot it. - No shields that identify the "alumni" in their profiles or beside to nickname. - The paged comments design is not very practical. I think the current scroll works very well and is intuitive. - No more full stats? with statistics on how many votes 1, 2, 3, 4 and 5 had each design?

I dont complain much, perhaps there are things that still work and logically e others that have decided to eliminate.

All changes are traumatic but I support this and I bet you keep improving.

Musarter
Musarter profile pic Alumni
1 design submitted -

Not a fan of all the dropdown or roll-over action.

The general aesthetic is an improvement.

spacesick
spacesick profile pic Alumni

I dislike jeff's avatar all the time always ever

ibeenthere

No more 0? that's great and worse! it's great cause well, you know, no more 0:) but it's worse cause now instead of easly telling how much of your score got effected by haters, they'll just give you 1 and it will be harder to tell...

I personally think that the scoring should be a bit more (don't hit me for what i'm about to say) like DBH...Where you can either give a point or not give a point...I think it help prevent haters...cause well, they can't effect rates when all you can give is 1:) or finding something similar...that's my though:)

TheInfamousBaka
TheInfamousBaka profile pic Alumni

I didn't notice about the alum not having any kind of identification now... that's weird.

Rachel Ray Gun
Rachel Ray Gun profile pic Alumni

We're working on an entire new system of identifications for the blogs, so you'll definitely be able to tell who is an alumni once that launches. Plus, you'll be able to see lots of other achievements by users, not just who was printed.

palitosci

LIKE:

• The option for setting design as collab (great idea!)
TheInfamousBaka

^ That's awesome! I've yet to sub something to the new site. Need to get on it!

Morkki
Morkki profile pic Alumni
1 design submitted -

I really dislike how our most recent comments are displayed on our profile page. They look really strange when taken out of context and I worry how some random stranger will react when they check out my profile and see dick jokes.

jodabaum
jodabaum profile pic Alumni

i think all profiles should have mandatory dick jokes at all times

BeanePod
BeanePod profile pic Alumni
8 designs submitted - Score now!

^ hahahaha, ditto

Theo86
Theo86 profile pic Alumni
2 designs submitted - Score now!

are we able to submit designs right now? I had a little trouble submitting something last night, and I am trying to submit one by this weekend.

I do like the new site alot, I don't like the recent comment thing as well.

the czar

We need a way to get to the last page of comments. Something like the videogame blog took like 20 clicks to get to the last page. If it is there I am not seeing it.

celandinestern
celandinestern profile pic Alumni

I haven't tested much and I'm usually ok with any layout once I get used to it. But the format is a BITCH. Seriously, for tees that is just the wrong shape. People who make elaborate designs that stretch to the edges of the printable area (like meeeee) have to choose to either show the whole design and have it be tiny and pointless, or to crop, or to show it from two halves, and all of the above sucks ass, if you pardon my french.

I'm good with everything else really.

micheleficeli

Thing i don't like the most is the left sidebar in the shop, the one with filters. I think it's better how it works in the old site. Miss the live section, too.

speakerine
speakerine profile pic Alumni

I miss my beloved 640 x 800px

I don't know if it recurrent, but one of my design had a bug and showed on another one..

viralVISUAL
viralVISUAL profile pic Alumni

Where's my #? I had to cheat to get to the last page of the vidyagame thread.

Rachel Ray Gun
Rachel Ray Gun profile pic Alumni

Jake's post on another thread:

yea i'll try to get the # back in ... but we don't have it now because we are working on something even better. when you click a post, we track how many posts were in it so that then when you click it again later, we send you to exactly where you left off.

ibeenthere

that's smart! (what Jake's post says)

Shadyjibes
Shadyjibes profile pic Alumni

I really like the 'add a collaborator' option (already subbed a collab!) where is THREADLESS LIVE??

nickv47
nickv47 profile pic Alumni
1 design submitted -

Took me a minute to find the watched section in the blogs, but it doesn't appear to be working yet.

d3d
d3d profile pic Alumni

honestly i'm still not used to the current site. that's how little i enjoy change. this new one will be the death of me.

squintygirl

Just noticed that the score count on my profile in the new site is off by about 8,000 designs. Hmmmm...

Chipmnk

Whenever I post on the new site, my dad doesn't pick me up from soccer practice. u_u

ibeenthere

d3d - lol:)

i also liked the add a collab part...smart!

My only real beef is the new submission format:)

TheInfamousBaka

The new design makes me want to delete my old crappy submissions. They're so big in the profiles now! D:

jess4002
jess4002 profile pic Alumni

squintygirl on Oct 10 '12 at 4:18pm Just noticed that the score count on my profile in the new site is off by about 8,000 designs. Hmmmm...

yeah the numbers are really off for me as well!

ivejustquitsmoking
ivejustquitsmoking profile pic Alumni

no confirmation email like atrium? then I can see where the recently submitted designs goes so I feel like it's in limbo (although it's probably not)

Also, design are not updated to the last ones so it looks incomplete to me at the moment..

I like that threadless is venturing into something new and fresh..

WanderingBert
WanderingBert profile pic Alumni

I agree with most of the likes and dislikes already mentioned.

Format/size of the new sub previews (makes sense for the website, not so much for shirt shapes)

This I absolutely hate. I tried subbing something yesterday and got pissed off plus the slideshow preview wasn't working so gave up.

I like and dislike some parts at the same time, maybe just because I know the way round the old site like the back of my hane and can do everything super fast, but i'm not used to the new one.

There's a few things i'm waiting on seeing if they're implemented before passing judgement eg. The ease of watching a blog from the forum page, not just while reading the actual blog

Daviisilva

I wish the scoring layout was kinda like the old one... I didn't like to see the regular subs displayed like Atrium subs (still confused, are they atrium subs?) - and the Recent comments shouldn't exist or at least be 'hide-able', I didn't like it very much either.

The profile page has a lot of unused space between the pic and the username info, looks like a cover photo for facebook but its just a blank space - unless you guys are working on something to do with it...

ibeenthere

I'm confused about where to sub a new design now? i've got something which i assume will be ready by the end of the week...should i submit on the new site or the old? Cause frankly, i'm still using the old one until the new one will be defaulted and bug proof:)

thedeetzes
thedeetzes profile pic Alumni

@ibeenthere it doesn't give you an option. You will be subbing on the new site.

Subbed my first design on the new format. It was a confusing bitch but glad to hear others have the same problem (because I was beginning to think me/ my computer was just stupid)

the sub format sucks but part of that is being so used to the old way. Of course my first sub is long and detailed! DAMN!

hoping it won't take long to get the hang of the new site.

thedeetzes
thedeetzes profile pic Alumni

PS I agree about feeling like my design is in limbo. First the slide show wasn't working and then no confirmation e-mail, Makes me keep thinking "is it subbed orrrr......"

shirtflirt

there's no more zero? for real?

weak.

shirtflirt

likes - that there is no identifier for alumni or any one else. i like being part of a community that doesn't feel the need to separate us into smaller groups. let's all be autonomous!

Chipmnk

Will there be a mobile version of the new site?

andyg
andyg profile pic Alumni

I was about submit a new design last night and was horrified by the new, smaller submission size. So much for showcasing a little detail. This is a giantic step in the wrong direction.

Sizing down artwork to cater to the people whose hands are permanentely attached to their iphones is just SAD.

WarDrobeInSpareOom

I don't know about dislikes, but I'm happy that it'll finally bring about the end of Leon.

palitosci

^ Agree with andyg...

Naolito
Naolito profile pic Alumni

I like almost everything on the new site, so I'll point at the parts I don't like:

• new submission size, the previous one was the best for t-shirt. The slides are a great addition though.
  • no zero. I think that zeros are a great tool to detect haters, and the scores never were so high like now, so I don't see the need to make it disappear...
  • no live section, I really hope this is just temporary.

As I said, I'm pretty excited with the new Threadless, but I think that it would be important to reconsider these points.

andyg
andyg profile pic Alumni

This is an insult to the all people who submit artwork here. Plain and simple...

Voters can now score designs as tiny images censored by a score bar. They are given the option of voting, even with the design partially covered.

What was wrong with seeing a large image of each submission individually? This isn't the way to judge a piece of art.

Whoever came up with this idea doesn't care about quality.

Morkki
Morkki profile pic Alumni
1 design submitted -

There's something wrong with the CSS if you can see those scoring bars all the time. In my Chrome they only appear when you put the cursor on the images.

palitosci

andyg're absolutely right ...

Leroy_Hornblower
Leroy_Hornblower profile pic Alumni
2 designs submitted - Score now!

Of course Andyg is right. Everyone who submits designs here agrees.

The backbone of Threadless is the submitting of, and scoring of t-shirt designs. So why then would you intentionally lower the quality of these submissions? It only makes it appear like they don't care about the artists.

TheInfamousBaka

I think the layout is catering more to the voters than to the artists.

Page:
  1. 1
  2. 2
  3. 3
  4. 4
  5. 5
  6. 6
  7. 7
  8. 8
  9. 9
  10. ... 9
No account?