One second...

comforting sloth

• by i.e.a.
  • posted Oct 03, 2012
  • 27 Comments

Watch this
i.e.a.
i.e.a. profile pic Alumni

Hello guys and gals,rnrnif you have a sec. I'd need your help with this design for the gap+kids challenge. mainly regarding the text - rnrnthis little, simple sloth is lying around at my desktop for sooo long now - I originally meant to sub it at the first gap challenge but wasn't happy with it over all, redesigned it a little and changed the text �multiple times :) rnrnAt first I had: 'Hang on a Sec..' (because it is hanging there.. and you know slow and all...ha) Other text suggestion: "easy does it" or "easy-peasy". rnrnNow I think as a comforting sloth, hanging on ones shoulder "There, there" is nice and simple. rnrnsooo enough chatter... rncomments very much appreciated!rn& thanks in advance!rnp.s.: works on all shirt colours except the very light ones

Ru Chery

haha how funny and cute. I really like the color tee choices. I think the design looks great on all three, but gray is my favorite. For a tagline what about, slow and steady? You know because sloths are really slow and being slow you have to be steady too, right? lol. I really like this design and concept. I hope I was able to help. Keep me posted on your later versions. Overall great work!!

p.s My design is up for scoring!! If you have a moment please score my design, "Hello Alien". I would really appreciate it. After you're done scoring feel free to leave a comment on the submission page if you like. Thank you so much

http://atrium.threadless.com/toystory/subs/#/submission/hello-alien/

i.e.a.

thanks a lot guys for your feedback! slow and steady was sth. I jotted down too. :) But not sure if it is fun for a shirt... hm... Is: 'it's always nap time somewhere' lame? -- or just: 'let's nap on it. ' ah, I just dump the text ... aarrrrgh… I'll ponder on it some more..

rainbowgiraffe

I like the hang on a sec text the best! Very cool!

captainchronic

I really like the sloth, I think I would like the text if it said something like "hello friend" like the bill cosby sweater, or maybe even just a "hi".

Ru Chery

happy to help. What if you put it all together, like how about, "easy does it, it's nap time". And then you have the sloth yawning? It's using both of the words you came up with earlier. What you think l.e.a??

p.s thank you so much for taking the time to score and comment on my design. I really appreciate it.

I have another design that is up for submission. I'm not sure if you saw it yet, but if you have a moment can you please score it? I would really appreciate it. Oh and as always feel free to leave a comment on the submit page. Thank you so much.

http://atrium.threadless.com/toystory/subs/#/submission/strangers-from-the-outside/

i.e.a.

thanks again guys! -- yes, captainchronic, I was looking for something short and friendly in my poor brain.. :) feel like the other stuff is far too long --- now this came to mind: z z zup!

(from - zup or sup - wazzup - what's up) not sure about question or exclamation mark. think ! ok though...

what do you think?

p.s.: illustration/text will get a bit more refined

i.e.a.

*typo: think the '!' is ok though...

messthem

Yep this quote is much better!!!!

Ru Chery

Ding Ding!! we have a winner lol. Great work l.e.a! I know it took a while to come up with a tagline, but I think this is perfect. It's short, funny and straight to the point. Awesome! I think you should leave it the way it is with the exclamation point, but that's just me. See what other people think. Keep me posted on when your design is up for scoring so I could score yours. Again awesome work my friend.

P.S i can't thank you enough l.e.a for scoring and leaving comments on my designs. I truly appreciate it. I have another new design up for scoring !!! ^__^ As always please score my design and feel free to leave a comment. Thank you so much my friend.

http://atrium.threadless.com/toystory/subs/#/submission/on-the-outside-looking-in-or-is-it-on-the-inside-l/

rollerpimp

I really like it! Love that you stayed with one color!

Please go vote and comment on my submission: wonderful

i.e.a.

thanks a lot everyone! -- I submitted it. But it has been declined. Just received the mail. And I really don't understand why... :( heeelp. :(

rollerpimp

Maybe the intern hates sloths?

Sorry, doesn't makes sense to me especially after seeing some of the stuff that makes it through.

maybe the whaz up is played out? how about a shadow at the bottom to show he is in the air and hanging on? I am at a loss.

i.e.a.

really thought I was mental for a moment :) but: phew! - it is up. sorry for the fuss - did ask via mail and got a quick reply - very nice indeed from threadstaff!

note to self: submitting late in a challenge is never a good idea...

yeah, rollerpimp :D def. the sloth-hate thing :) cheered me up a lot - thanks!

Ru Chery

Great!!! I'm going to go vote right now!!! Again awesome work l.e.a and thank you for always being supportive of my designs. I really appreciate it.

meekins.art

Love the style, placement....and of course I LOVE sloths! However, I just don't know if the writing is necessary?

i.e.a.

thanks! -- did score them already :)

No account?
Join Us